04/23 - Tatting Tuesday!

Will you see Avengers Endgame this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My dentist is always pulling that crap......and, there is not a dentist within an hour of where I live that is open on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday....jerks

My guy is open on Sundays (not Saturdays!) but man who does he think he is taking a well deserved vacation. I think he's even out of the country. How dare he.

I have about 70808234098 dentists around me, but I have issues with getting numb and this guy can numb me without issue :(

Reactions: LucyO

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So honest question here.......when your 15 year old daughter stays up half the night...doesn't wanna get out of bed...and then she's been at school for roughly 45 minutes..

She starts texting her mom she has "bad cramps and wants to come home" does it make me an asshole that I think she should stay at school? Her mom is of course more sympathetic about this than I am..hence why she gets these texts.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

My guy is open on Sundays (not Saturdays!) but man who does he think he is taking a well deserved vacation. I think he's even out of the country. How dare he.

I have about 70808234098 dentists around me, but I have issues with getting numb and this guy can numb me without issue :(
That sucks. I'm sorry. :hug:

Reactions: Despairagus

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So honest question here.......when your 15 year old daughter stays up half the night...doesn't wanna get out of bed...and then she's been at school for roughly 45 minutes..

She starts texting her mom she has "bad cramps and wants to come home" does it make me an asshole that I think she should stay at school? Her mom is of course more sympathetic about this than I am..hence why she gets these texts.
depends on how often she does that. if it's only once in a while, I'd let her come home.

Reactions: Despairagus

Skylycat

Reaction score

Tell her to lightly squeeze the back of her ankle, on either side of the tendon, it takes cramps away. Problem solved!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm a mean mom, I say go to the nurse get some advil and you can lay down when you get home.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
depends on how often she does that. if it's only once in a while, I'd let her come home.
She's been working the period angle for awhile...also she is a god awful student she has F's in every class and doesn't want to be there hence why I'm less likely to let her be at home..she's the kid who would never go if I didn't push her out the door.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
She's been working the period angle for awhile...also she is a god awful student she has F's in every class and doesn't want to be there hence why I'm less likely to let her be at home..she's the kid who would never go if I didn't push her out the door.
then nope

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And if I go get her...she'll come home...she'll sleep till 3 cause she stayed up all night, then she'll act fine and stare at her phone...that kinda bullshit.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Need to send her my way...kids get grounded for Cs or below. My daughter did that ONCE, 6 weeks with no phone or life made her change her tune fast.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score

I am also a mean mom and would say no. I'd probably even call her out on staying up too late. Then again I have endometriosis and feel like I'm legit dying most months... but here I am working today for instance. Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it. And yes, advil/ibuprofen/midol/pamprin (personal fave) work wonders!

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Nope. Get some ibuprofen and tough it out. Sorry. Given that information, anyway. Especially not if she is just going to sleep and then be on her phone.

Reactions: Liz and FrenchToast

Idess

Taphophile.Bibliophile.Cynophilist
Reaction score
Take her phone away.

I have one the same age, and she hasn't had a phone since January. It's amazing how her three F's came up to A's. It's almost as if she has suddenly remembered how to: math, science, and geography.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I would make her go to the gynecologist. If she is having really bad cramps there could be something wrong (I had trouble when I was younger and thought that it was "normal" and everyone had cramps so I needed to suck it up, but I was actually in an abnormal amount of pain caused by endo, and they had to do emergency surgery because it was twisting one of my tubes and causing internal bleeding) anyway, if she is just doing it to get out of school then more than likely she won't want to go there because no one wants to go there.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say something like, it seems like you're missing school a lot because of your period. Let's take you to the doctor, maybe it's something serious. See if she wants to come home then!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Take her phone away.

I have one the same age, and she hasn't had a phone since January. It's amazing how her three F's came up to A's. It's almost as if she has suddenly remembered how to: math, science, and geography.
SAME here

Reactions: Idess and sarcasta

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I would make her go to the gynecologist. If she is having really bad cramps there could be something wrong (I had trouble when I was younger and thought that it was "normal" and everyone had cramps so I needed to suck it up, but I was actually in an abnormal amount of pain caused by endo, and they had to do emergency surgery because it was twisting one of my tubes and causing internal bleeding) anyway, if she is just doing it to get out of school then more than likely she won't want to go there because no one wants to go there.
Yes, I was going to mention the lady doctor too. Get her checked out if its really that bad!

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
I am also a mean mom and would say no. I'd probably even call her out on staying up too late. Then again I have endometriosis and feel like I'm legit dying most months... but here I am working today for instance. Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it. And yes, advil/ibuprofen/midol/pamprin (personal fave) work wonders!
Exactly. I'm sorry but life sucks and you can't miss work every time you have a period. And this is coming from someone who has seriously painful periods and has to go to the bathroom once an hour.

If she consistently has painful periods, she should see the doctor but it sounds like she's exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.