04/19 - Fast Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Speaking of Netflix is anyone else getting annoyed that they keep raising the price?
I cancelled 2 months ago when they told me that my 4K plan was going up to $17 per month. I turned around and subscribed to CBS All Access for $5.99 per month afterward so I could indoctrinate my wife into Star Trek after she took an interest in Discovery. No regrets.

Amazon Prime video has 3 times the content that Netflix has and the free service TUBI TV has a huge collection as well.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
nope. Raising price means more money for exclusive content creation which should drive subscriber numbers making me a happy investor! :wink:
I mainly have netflix for my kids...I can just use Kodi but they are to inept to figure it out.

TabethaC

Reaction score
Is anyone going to get the Disney Plus when it comes out? I'm shocked its only going to be $7 a month.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Mornin' Folks :coffee3:

I've only been awake a few minutes but i haven't caught anything yet, will probably just video game today to take a break unless good stuff shows up.

*edit* i seen you talking about Star Trek Discovery up there, thats what the new season in Star Trek Online is focused on, they even added the ship.

Last edited:

Goat

Reaction score
Is anyone going to get the Disney Plus when it comes out? I'm shocked its only going to be $7 a month.
i dont really have high hopes for this, but i feel like i'll be eventually goaded into it as im sure the disney library which is currently available on netflix will be departing

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Yeah, I am planning on it.

Rumor has it that Disney (since they now own Fox) is going to upload the original, un-retouched Star Wars trilogy to the service.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I probably will because of the Marvel series being developed. I already sub to Netflix, Hulu, and Prime. What's one more at this point?

Reactions: sofaslug

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Amazon Prime video has 3 times the content that Netflix has.
not sure these are comparable. I have never subscribed to netflix (only invested in) and it's my understanding you have access to everything for your subscription fee. I have Amazon Prime and never use the video because it seems like everything I find on Prime Video has a cost to buy or cost to stream and has very few free items.

Not going for Disney Plus. The only disney property I like is ESPN and I don't do ESPN+ as there is not enough of the content I want to make it worth the extra fee to subscribe to it. I also feel like I should be given it free (just like ESPN3) since I have ESPN in my pay tv package so I'm already paying the estimated $10/month for those in my pay tv package.

Reactions: sofaslug

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Yeah, I am planning on it.

Rumor has it that Disney (since they now own Fox) is going to upload the original, un-retouched Star Wars trilogy to the service.

All the new Marvel stuff will come out there, the new Loki series.

I'm going to sign up because they will have all 30 season's of The Simpsons on Day 1.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
dang! Carelinx - learn to set up a batch. :wink: 60 or 70 straight penny HITs in my list.
I wanted to respond to your comment about the AC thing yesterday, I can't do that because I rent my house so I need a stop gap basically.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I wanted to respond to your comment about the AC thing yesterday, I can't do that because I rent my house so I need a stop gap basically.
yep, renting puts you in a bind! :wink: I suppose you should probably buy a $10 or $20 box fan for your additional "ac" unit.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
not sure these are comparable. I have never subscribed to netflix (only invested in) and it's my understanding you have access to everything for your subscription fee. I have Amazon Prime and never use the video because it seems like everything I find on Prime Video has a cost to buy or cost to stream and has very few free items.

Not going for Disney Plus. The only disney property I like is ESPN and I don't do ESPN+ as there is not enough of the content I want to make it worth the extra fee to subscribe to it. I also feel like I should be given it free (just like ESPN3) since I have ESPN in my pay tv package so I'm already paying the estimated $10/month for those in my pay tv package.
Netflix has reduced their online content from 10,000+ movies and shows a few years ago to less than 4,000 now as they are focusing on original content and no longer pursuing contracts to carry much in the way of other content.

Prime has nearly 13,000 PRIME movies or series available (free to Prime members.)

Every month between adds and subs Prime is growing at around a 3-1 rate compared to Netflix. There is a lot of low budget stuff on Prime but there is also a lot of underground cult classics and Amazon is also concentrating on adding a lot of movies from the 40s and 50s that have never been remastered in digital until now. It is definitely worth checking out.

Amazon also has a new ad supported section called FreeDive that has completely different movies and series (updated monthly) that are free to watch with ads.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
All the new Marvel stuff will come out there, the new Loki series.

I'm going to sign up because they will have all 30 season's of The Simpsons on Day 1.
Oh, I forgot about The Simpsons! I may have just found a way to make the husband pay for this subscription after all.

Reactions: MagicalStreams
Status
Not open for further replies.