04/18 - Thunderstorm Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Reactions: cyberwasp

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Cornelius. You're HIT is awful but your word is good.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Cornelius Schneider for work related to 30Z7M1Q8UYKAAHEPAKJQ37URFOWA8M
The value of your bonus is: $4.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
ML Researcher rejected 3 of the 15 "Provide non-trivial facts" HITS that I submitted. All three of the tables I pulled them from were statistics covering one month of play of an American basketball team. I'm pretty sure that one of us isn't reading the table right and/or doesn't know much about basketball. I don't think it's me.
This is so stupid. I'm pissed off that I have to waste time correcting this bullshit. If it turns out that I did make the mistake I'll consume an appropriate amount of humility in a public forum to atone.

EDIT:

Seriously though. What are the chances that I comprehended the tables involving Premier League Soccer, Rugby, Cricket (Cricket FFS!), Golf, Baseball, and Roller Derby and then turned around and screwed up NBA basketball on all three attempts?

Last edited:
Reactions: cb456 and sofaslug

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
ML Researcher rejected 3 of the 15 "Provide non-trivial facts" HITS that I submitted. All three of the tables I pulled them from were statistics covering one month of play of an American basketball team. I'm pretty sure that one of us isn't reading the table right and/or doesn't know much about basketball and I don't think it's me.
This is so stupid. I'm pissed off that I have to waste time correcting this bullshit. If it turns out that I did make the mistake I'll consume an appropriate amount of humility in a public forum to atone.

EDIT:

Seriously though. What are the chances that I comprehended the tables involving Premier League Soccer, Rugby, Cricket (Cricket FFS!), Golf, Baseball, and Roller Derby and then turned around and screwed up NBA basketball on all three attempts?

One of them was hockey it turns out. I clicked on the wrong one in HIT Tracker. I can't verify which one of us screwed up unless they send me the statements I submitted though.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
rsmath @rsmath my kitty is back! :hearteyecat:
great to see a kitty! Too many dogs yesterday :wink: (watched a LIVEPD episode from last weekend which routinely has K9's on it and then the local news had a story or two featuring dogs).

fun fact - today is the anniversary of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
great to see a kitty! Too many dogs yesterday :wink: (watched a LIVEPD episode from last weekend which routinely has K9's on it and then the local news had a story or two featuring dogs).

fun fact - today is the anniversary of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
I got plenty of dog photos too! LOL. Yesterday when I was sick in bed I wanted to get rid of my dogs. All they were doing was barking. At least my cat, Oktober, laid quietly on my belly making me feel better.

And wow! I love fun facts like that.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's storming here and every time it thunders it scares my son, lol.
I'll probably keep him home from school. He was sent home yesterday for bad #2 and they kind of made it seem to keep him home today but it was my decision. With me being sick yesterday and his issues, I think I'll keep him home. Better safe than sorry.

Foggy

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about an investment | Accept
Requester: Donal Crilly [A34UUXKUIHKCVH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.85] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.34] [Fast=4.64] [Comm=3.50] [Fair=4.73] [Reviews=35] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 9:00
Available: 1
Description: Assess about an investment project
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
~3 min[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: 4 minute study for $0.40(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.24] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.66] [Fast=4.54] [Comm=3.96] [Fair=4.55] [Reviews=485] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=0.45] [Pen=1.80] [Res=0.00] [Rec=74] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=11]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a 4 minute study for $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Neemo and NemoRolls

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Going to be a short, barely functional day for me.

Yesterday I didn't give the little guy a nap and kept him up until 9 to get him to sleep past 5:30am. The result is that he was up at 4:40 and has been downright pissed all morning but doesn't want to be in bed.

So daddy has been a barely conscious jungle gym and now little dude is splashing in the shower with mama.

Not sure if I should take the 15 minutes to work or nap.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Yesterday I didn't give the little guy a nap and kept him up until 9 to get him to sleep past 5:30am. The result is that he was up at 4:40 and has been downright pissed all morning but doesn't want to be in bed.

So daddy has been a barely conscious jungle gym and now little dude is splashing in the shower with mama.

fuuuuck that sucks. Definitely take a nap.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning, all.

100% nap

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I'd say work because today will probably be better than tomorrow, so you should be able to sleep as much as you want tomorrow.
I agree about working but I'm pretty sure my 3 year old will be up at 4am tomorrow, given his pattern. I may just snort some coffee grounds and keep going.

jan

Reaction score
Morning, all.

:coffee2:

Status
Not open for further replies.