04/15 - Multipass Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I never paid more than 140 a month up in Tally
We lived in a small house - but I never ran the AC - so.......there's that. :)
Well we have an AC thats way too small for our house.. cant afford another one. The house is 5 bedrooms(one being a converted garage room)(would of been 6 but at one time 2 of the rooms were merged together), 4 full bathrooms, 2 living rooms, kitchen and dining room. Plus we have a pool. so unless I come up with about $7k to get the size AC we need nothing will really help.

Reactions: jan and Liz

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: A short survey | Accept
Requester: Promothesh Chatterjee [A1NRWDVNYPQAFB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.40] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about advertisements and products
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

2:15

Last edited:
Reactions: DatJersey

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I type this with a heavy heart because I've been involved with the forum in some way for over 3 years now, but the mental stress I've been suffering from these past two months has put me in a really bad spot and I need to minimize what I'm doing before I hurt myself, mentally or not. So for anyone that doesn't feel like reading a long post, here's the tl;dr: I'm stepping away from the forum entirely and I'm 100% confident I won't be coming back.

I want to say before anything else that there's no drama behind the scenes everyone is missing out on or anything; this is my own decision. It was an honor to help this forum in some way and I'm really glad to see that its now in the best shape its been in for a long time. But I've been dealing heavily with imposter syndrome because I have felt no sense of belonging ever since the Admin banner was given to me. While it was needed for some things, I've never been closely involved with any of the staff except aveline. I've always felt like the odd one of the bunch because we never speak, and its been taking a toll on me.

When the whole transfer of ownership issue popped up, the staff was in a very tough spot. None of them had the opportunity to be involved with the technical side of the forum, even if they wanted to be, and it was hurting the future of the forum. I'm very convinced the previous maintainer did not have confidence in the ability of a female to handle these things, which has also bothered me greatly, but I'm leaving that there. I don't want to be too prideful in myself, but the biggest thing I have ever accomplished for this forum was getting everything passed to me. I got the ball rolling in our direction and now the people who need full access to the forum have it.

The nitty gritty of the forum was an absolute mess. We inherited an over-engineered setup that was only serving to make it a pain to ensure this forum stayed around. Truthfully, I walked into this situation with the expectation that the infrastructure was dead simple and wouldn't be stressful to mess around with. I was wrong. I had absolutely no idea what I needed to do to get us back on track. That's why a maintenance expected to last an hour extended to 3 full days of down time. The impostor syndrome was the worst it has ever been for me. I brought the forum down with my own doing and I didn't know how to bring it back. Someone else had to be brought in to fix it, and it turns out it was really simple. I was honestly crushed and extremely embarrased. I made the forum lose members for no good reason and the staff had everyone convinced we'd be back up before the night ended, because I convinced them. This event has played the biggest part in my decision today.

Through it all, the staff has been exceptionally easy to work with and it was certainly an honor to do so. Aveline has done so much work to ensure that the forum will never be in the state it was. It's blown me away how quickly she has picked up on everything and I truly have no doubts that you are in good hands. This forum is her baby and I know she won't be letting go of it. She performed the entire migration by herself, unaided, in a very short time. She knew what she was doing when I didn't know what I was doing, which was strike 2 for my decision today. I felt even more guilty, simply because I wasn't contributing nearly enough. I gave her access to everything she needed to make all this happen, but then I just wasn't picking up my fair share of the work. Anyone who's read the post in the sad pandas thread can see my excuse for this.

The staff and I had a deep conversation that basically covered all of this in the Discord the other day, and at the time I was still in the mindset of being involved. But I just can't be anymore. Believe me when I say that I am NOT in a good state of mind lately and its been making me dangerous to myself. I have no negative feedback for any member of this forum, but being involved with it and dealing with the aforementioned stress, guilt and embarrasment has intensified the issues my wife and I have been dealing with and it needs to stop. I need to stop. Making myself log into the forum and posting has lately been a very heavy chore for me.

I love all of you, and I wish you the very best. I have completely stripped myself of power here and with the server so that no one ever has to worry about me being malicious. The members I've interacted with here over the years have been the smartest and most hard working people I've ever met. I say with 100% confidence that this turk forum is the best you'll ever find and it has been a blessing to my life. But my time has passed, and I need to get myself into a better situation. I will be leaving the Discord as well, but you can always search for my posts, click on my profile, and message me that way. I promise I will respond to anyone that reaches out.

It has been an honor.

Until we cross paths again,
Metallica

@Staff can someone remove my role in the CP? I'm not sure how it will work if I remove my own permissions to use the panel.
I know that I don't interact with you a lot, but I want you to know that I appreciate your contribution to the forum. When I first started I was nervous and scared and embarrassed to ask questions that I thought I should know the answers to, but you helped me. In what to you may have seemed like a simple response to a question, you encouraged me and didn't make me feel stupid for asking it and didn't ignore me. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. So, thank you for helping me and others on this forum.
:hug:

PandaThief

Reaction score
Yup priced it.. was told by 3 different people who did an eval im looking at $7k.. nope cant do it
Oh wow yea i lucked out because the house i bought the lady had just replaced it before the sale back in Aug'18, otherwise i'd have to pay around 7k myself. BTW howdy neighbor, i'm out here in WG

Reactions: Kristina M Greer

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
When we bought our place in 16, we paid about that to have new AC. Though we reused the ducts which they told us off for. But we wanted to spend the money on a better a/c unit and only have a fixed budget. It works well and our bills are at most $280 in the very hottest month. (In South Carolina). I still can\t quite grasp the cost of it, when I used to pay £50 a month, every month and that would cover me for the year.

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Metallica @Metallica I am so sad to see you go and sorry you're having a rough time mentally. Thank you for all your contributions and I wish I'd gotten to interact with you more. I have dealt with a lot of mental health issues in my life- pls reach out to me here and on discord if you want to talk, get advice, or vent. <3

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Social Science Survey(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Gideon Yaffe [A1WNNZ5MRCWJ26] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.87] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Experimental Jurisprudence study
Qualifications: Exc: [4083353-139874] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

2 minutes

Last edited:

QuBoudica

Reaction score
Unrelated to anything, but I made it 30 days without drinking alcohol! Which probably isn't a big deal for some but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me. I don't think I went this long without drinking since I had my daughter almost 6 years ago.
I was going to introduce myself first however, I came across your post and had to respond.

30 days is AMAZING... and don't let anyone, least of all yourself, tell you otherwise.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Relationship beliefs, sexual behaviors, sexual satisfaction | Accept
Requester: Pamela Brouillard [A1FMFIFQP1JAHJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$28.40] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 25:00
Available: 2
Description: The purpose of this study is to examine relationship beliefs, sexual behaviors, and sexual satisfaction in American adults. The study is a survey and will run in a single session lasting approximately 20-30 minutes. Payment for survey completion is $2.00.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

less than 5 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: DatJersey

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well we have an AC thats way too small for our house.. cant afford another one. The house is 5 bedrooms(one being a converted garage room)(would of been 6 but at one time 2 of the rooms were merged together), 4 full bathrooms, 2 living rooms, kitchen and dining room. Plus we have a pool. so unless I come up with about $7k to get the size AC we need nothing will really help.
I have to put an extra AC in my loft room..either window or portable floor unit. That room is basically at the top of my vaulted ceiling and it's wide open with 1 vent in the summer it is stupid hot up here.

Reactions: Kristina M Greer

QuBoudica

Reaction score
Hi. New to turking. New to this forum.

I read the post from Metallica and it is such a shame I came as they were leaving, but I can understand the feeling. I was once an extremely active member on another website but, for my own mental health, I had to leave... and so far it has been permanently.

So, I come in peace. Hope to *meet* some of you.

~Bou

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Somehow at 17 bucks with as slow as today has been.

Reactions: sofaslug

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Hi. New to turking. New to this forum.

I read the post from Metallica and it is such a shame I came as they were leaving, but I can understand the feeling. I was once an extremely active member on another website but, for my own mental health, I had to leave... and so far it has been permanently.

So, I come in peace. Hope to *meet* some of you.

~Bou
Welcome!

Yeah, I left my first turking forum years ago to save my sanity.

cassius

Reaction score
Unrelated to anything, but I made it 30 days without drinking alcohol! Which probably isn't a big deal for some but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me. I don't think I went this long without drinking since I had my daughter almost 6 years ago.
Great for you. Keep it up. Two years here in May with an opiate and I know it ain't easy.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I have to put an extra AC in my loft room..either window or portable floor unit. That room is basically at the top of my vaulted ceiling and it's wide open with 1 vent in the summer it is stupid hot up here.
Yeah thats another thing 3 of the rooms have wall units because one is the converted garage room, the back side of the house was a borch converted to a living room and a bedroom with bath.. it gets stupid hot out there.. If we upgraded the AC unit it could cover garage and living room... but dont think we could add that back bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.