04/15 - Multipass Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I type this with a heavy heart because I've been involved with the forum in some way for over 3 years now, but the mental stress I've been suffering from these past two months has put me in a really bad spot and I need to minimize what I'm doing before I hurt myself, mentally or not. So for anyone that doesn't feel like reading a long post, here's the tl;dr: I'm stepping away from the forum entirely and I'm 100% confident I won't be coming back.

I want to say before anything else that there's no drama behind the scenes everyone is missing out on or anything; this is my own decision. It was an honor to help this forum in some way and I'm really glad to see that its now in the best shape its been in for a long time. But I've been dealing heavily with imposter syndrome because I have felt no sense of belonging ever since the Admin banner was given to me. While it was needed for some things, I've never been closely involved with any of the staff except aveline. I've always felt like the odd one of the bunch because we never speak, and its been taking a toll on me.

When the whole transfer of ownership issue popped up, the staff was in a very tough spot. None of them had the opportunity to be involved with the technical side of the forum, even if they wanted to be, and it was hurting the future of the forum. I'm very convinced the previous maintainer did not have confidence in the ability of a female to handle these things, which has also bothered me greatly, but I'm leaving that there. I don't want to be too prideful in myself, but the biggest thing I have ever accomplished for this forum was getting everything passed to me. I got the ball rolling in our direction and now the people who need full access to the forum have it.

The nitty gritty of the forum was an absolute mess. We inherited an over-engineered setup that was only serving to make it a pain to ensure this forum stayed around. Truthfully, I walked into this situation with the expectation that the infrastructure was dead simple and wouldn't be stressful to mess around with. I was wrong. I had absolutely no idea what I needed to do to get us back on track. That's why a maintenance expected to last an hour extended to 3 full days of down time. The impostor syndrome was the worst it has ever been for me. I brought the forum down with my own doing and I didn't know how to bring it back. Someone else had to be brought in to fix it, and it turns out it was really simple. I was honestly crushed and extremely embarrased. I made the forum lose members for no good reason and the staff had everyone convinced we'd be back up before the night ended, because I convinced them. This event has played the biggest part in my decision today.

Through it all, the staff has been exceptionally easy to work with and it was certainly an honor to do so. Aveline has done so much work to ensure that the forum will never be in the state it was. It's blown me away how quickly she has picked up on everything and I truly have no doubts that you are in good hands. This forum is her baby and I know she won't be letting go of it. She performed the entire migration by herself, unaided, in a very short time. She knew what she was doing when I didn't know what I was doing, which was strike 2 for my decision today. I felt even more guilty, simply because I wasn't contributing nearly enough. I gave her access to everything she needed to make all this happen, but then I just wasn't picking up my fair share of the work. Anyone who's read the post in the sad pandas thread can see my excuse for this.

The staff and I had a deep conversation that basically covered all of this in the Discord the other day, and at the time I was still in the mindset of being involved. But I just can't be anymore. Believe me when I say that I am NOT in a good state of mind lately and its been making me dangerous to myself. I have no negative feedback for any member of this forum, but being involved with it and dealing with the aforementioned stress, guilt and embarrasment has intensified the issues my wife and I have been dealing with and it needs to stop. I need to stop. Making myself log into the forum and posting has lately been a very heavy chore for me.

I love all of you, and I wish you the very best. I have completely stripped myself of power here and with the server so that no one ever has to worry about me being malicious. The members I've interacted with here over the years have been the smartest and most hard working people I've ever met. I say with 100% confidence that this turk forum is the best you'll ever find and it has been a blessing to my life. But my time has passed, and I need to get myself into a better situation. I will be leaving the Discord as well, but you can always search for my posts, click on my profile, and message me that way. I promise I will respond to anyone that reaches out.

It has been an honor.

Until we cross paths again,
Metallica

@Staff can someone remove my role in the CP? I'm not sure how it will work if I remove my own permissions to use the panel.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Short survey about politics(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rasmus Skytte [A3SPFFG0VZHMLG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.17] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=32] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.42] [Pen=0.07] [Res=0.00] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 42
Description: In this survey, you will be asked a number of questions about yourself and about politics. The survey takes app. five minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Exc: [-104778693-140787] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
EZ PZ[/td][/tr]

Reactions: DatJersey

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I type this with a heavy heart because I've been involved with the forum in some way for over 3 years now, but the mental stress I've been suffering from these past two months has put me in a really bad spot and I need to minimize what I'm doing before I hurt myself, mentally or not. So for anyone that doesn't feel like reading a long post, here's the tl;dr: I'm stepping away from the forum entirely and I'm 100% confident I won't be coming back.

I want to say before anything else that there's no drama behind the scenes everyone is missing out on or anything; this is my own decision. It was an honor to help this forum in some way and I'm really glad to see that its now in the best shape its been in for a long time. But I've been dealing heavily with imposter syndrome because I have felt no sense of belonging ever since the Admin banner was given to me. While it was needed for some things, I've never been closely involved with any of the staff except aveline. I've always felt like the odd one of the bunch because we never speak, and its been taking a toll on me.

When the whole transfer of ownership issue popped up, the staff was in a very tough spot. None of them had the opportunity to be involved with the technical side of the forum, even if they wanted to be, and it was hurting the future of the forum. I'm very convinced the previous maintainer did not have confidence in the ability of a female to handle these things, which has also bothered me greatly, but I'm leaving that there. I don't want to be too prideful in myself, but the biggest thing I have ever accomplished for this forum was getting everything passed to me. I got the ball rolling in our direction and now the people who need full access to the forum have it.

The nitty gritty of the forum was an absolute mess. We inherited an over-engineered setup that was only serving to make it a pain to ensure this forum stayed around. Truthfully, I walked into this situation with the expectation that the infrastructure was dead simple and wouldn't be stressful to mess around with. I was wrong. I had absolutely no idea what I needed to do to get us back on track. That's why a maintenance expected to last an hour extended to 3 full days of down time. The impostor syndrome was the worst it has ever been for me. I brought the forum down with my own doing and I didn't know how to bring it back. Someone else had to be brought in to fix it, and it turns out it was really simple. I was honestly crushed and extremely embarrased. I made the forum lose members for no good reason and the staff had everyone convinced we'd be back up before the night ended, because I convinced them. This event has played the biggest part in my decision today.

Through it all, the staff has been exceptionally easy to work with and it was certainly an honor to do so. Aveline has done so much work to ensure that the forum will never be in the state it was. It's blown me away how quickly she has picked up on everything and I truly have no doubts that you are in good hands. This forum is her baby and I know she won't be letting go of it. She performed the entire migration by herself, unaided, in a very short time. She knew what she was doing when I didn't know what I was doing, which was strike 2 for my decision today. I felt even more guilty, simply because I wasn't contributing nearly enough. I gave her access to everything she needed to make all this happen, but then I just wasn't picking up my fair share of the work. Anyone who's read the post in the sad pandas thread can see my excuse for this.

The staff and I had a deep conversation that basically covered all of this in the Discord the other day, and at the time I was still in the mindset of being involved. But I just can't be anymore. Believe me when I say that I am NOT in a good state of mind lately and its been making me dangerous to myself. I have no negative feedback for any member of this forum, but being involved with it and dealing with the aforementioned stress, guilt and embarrasment has intensified the issues my wife and I have been dealing with and it needs to stop. I need to stop. Making myself log into the forum and posting has lately been a very heavy chore for me.

I love all of you, and I wish you the very best. I have completely stripped myself of power here and with the server so that no one ever has to worry about me being malicious. The members I've interacted with here over the years have been the smartest and most hard working people I've ever met. I say with 100% confidence that this turk forum is the best you'll ever find and it has been a blessing to my life. But my time has passed, and I need to get myself into a better situation. I will be leaving the Discord as well, but you can always search for my posts, click on my profile, and message me that way. I promise I will respond to anyone that reaches out.

It has been an honor.

Metallica

@Staff can someone remove my role in the CP? I'm not sure how it will work if I remove my own permissions to use the panel.
All the best my man. You're a good dude and you'll be missed. Maybe permanently won't be so permanent after all. Who knows? I wish you well.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I had a 600 dollar one last summer....my water is on that too but that's insane.
My electric bill is around $600 a month almost every month. we get it down to about $400 maybe 2 months out of the year when its a tad cooler. Was almost 90 and humid yesterday so looks like its gonna be another high bill this month

Reactions: Liz

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My electric bill is around $600 a month almost every month. we get it down to about $400 maybe 2 months out of the year when its a tad cooler. Was almost 90 and humid yesterday so looks like its gonna be another high bill this month
Where the hell do you live?

jan

Reaction score
Hi folks!

It has been an honor.

Metallica

As you know, I think that your contribution was pretty significant. (you jump started everything :). Thank you for that. It was a bigger deal than, perhaps, you realize.

I'm so sorry that you are going through so much right now. And I fully understand. Take care of yourself - that's your most important job. And take care of your wife.

I do hope you check back in. We all want to know that you are okay. :heart:

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks!

It has been an honor.

Metallica

I'm so sorry you feel this way, but completely respect your decision and wish you the best of luck in your future.

I'll miss your Metallica references and I'll think of you anytime I listen to them. Take as much time as you need for yourself in life and know that everyone here loves you and cares for you.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hi folks!

It has been an honor.

Metallica

I hope everything works out for you, and that things in all aspects get better. We're all rooting for you. You're a great person and I'm glad I got to be around while you still existed here <3

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Unrelated to anything, but I made it 30 days without drinking alcohol! Which probably isn't a big deal for some but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me. I don't think I went this long without drinking since I had my daughter almost 6 years ago.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Unrelated to anything, but I made it 30 days without drinking alcohol! Which probably isn't a big deal for some but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me. I don't think I went this long without drinking since I had my daughter almost 6 years ago.
That's huge! Congratulations!!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
that would be huge for me! congrats!

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Congratz!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Hi folks!

It has been an honor.

Metallica

I'm sorry to hear this and that everything has been so tough for you. Thanks for every bit of effort you've put into this place. A few months ago it was a huge deal when you reached out to mentor me in this challenging atmosphere. That's what makes this place so great, and we will be missing a peice without you around. Good luck, and I hope if you're doing the new job it works out for you.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Same kinda. Mine are about $400 in the summer and between $600 and $800 in the winter and that is with using wood on extra cold days.

Status
Not open for further replies.