Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Terrible comparison?

8 games compared to 81 and 42 home games is a big difference. Find a sports city outside of New York/St Louis/Chicago and Boston that couldn't be considered at least a little "fickle". I'll wait

and it's kind of funny the Rockets and Astros are both better than the Texans in their respected sports
Are you feeling insulted ? I'm clearly not talking about your fandom. I know you're a fan. And no it shouldn't make a difference. Like I said. My brother works for the Astros. I know this fanbase way more then I want too. And yes it a terrible comparison. Who cares how many games there are.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a season pass in 1978 and went to the astrodome almost every weekend, especially when Nolan Ryan was pitching. I have never been to this other place, is it really that much smaller ?
I don't think it's smaller. But I'm not sure.

Reactions: klingeemonster

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a season pass in 1978 and went to the astrodome almost every weekend, especially when Nolan Ryan was pitching. I have never been to this other place, is it really that much smaller ?
lol, you decide. Awesome that you got to see Nolan Ryan. I never did. He's my all time favorite pitcher.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Are you feeling insulted ? I'm clearly not talking about your fandom. I know you're a fan. And no it shouldn't make a difference. Like I said. My brother works for the Astros. I know this fanbase way more then I want too. And yes it a terrible comparison. Who cares how many games there are.
I'm just saying you can't expect every Rockets and Astros home game to be sold out or filled up to the brim. A Wednesday night game against the Brooklyn Nets isn't going to be very buzzed in any NBA city

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
I don,t know, it looks bigger, does not seem like they would build a smaller place.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just saying you can't expect every Rockets and Astros home game to be sold out or filled up to the brim. A Wednesday night game against the Brooklyn Nets isn't going to be very buzzed in any NBA city
That's just a small part of the annoyance. Not expecting every game to be sold out.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, NRG is way bigger. I thought that's what I stated. You could fit the dome inside it with plenty room to spare.
I have never even seen the place, in the last 20 years the only contact I have had with my home town is running through it in a 18 wheeler on occasion.

Reactions: Horse Feathers

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
That's just a small part of the annoyance. Not expecting every game to be sold out.
I don't know the basis of your argument then. You're calling Astros fans fickle, but you can literally call half of MLB's teams fans fickle as well going by your notion. 14 teams (including the Astros) have average attendances under 31,000 so far in this young season. And of course more fans will be pumped if "their" team makes the playoffs. It's called bandwagoners. people want to be where it's happening even if they have no clue what's going on

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know the basis of your argument then. You're calling Astros fans fickle, but you can literally call half of MLB's teams fans fickle as well going by your notion. 14 teams (including the Astros) have average attendances under 31,000 so far in this young season. And of course more fans will be pumped if "their" team makes the playoffs. It's called bandwagoners. people want to be where it's happening even if they have no clue what's going on
Who cares about other teams? I'm talking about our town. What I know. What I see. They are fickle and they are awful. Except for actual die hards.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been a lifelong Spurs fan also. Great fan base, probably because they have no other sports teams. Not even a decent college team. Used to live in South Austin and go to games when they were in the Alamodome. Saw the first time Shaq and Magic came to town to face the twin towers. Ahh memories.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Who cares about other teams? I'm talking about our town. What I know. What I see. They are fickle and they are awful. Except for actual die hards.
agree to disagree. this convo is going nowhere. g'night

Reactions: Barbwire

charlie

Reaction score
yeah i'm done too. have to be up for IRL work in 6 hours.
didn't reach my daily goal but I think the past couple of making 40+ more than make up for it. night all!
Today`s Projected Earnings: $18.55 (Exported from Mturk Suite)

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
agree to disagree. this convo is going nowhere. g'night
I don't remember starting this conversation with you anyway. You rock gif"d me. You're acting like I'm talking about you. I'm not. Enjoy your night.

Reactions: Rerun and Barbwire
Status
Not open for further replies.