04/13 - Thinking Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
Right on ! Real fan. That's awesome
Went to a game in Astrodome in 68 and saw them play the Dodgers. It was an unreal site to see back then. Also saw Joe Morgan play when he was with the Astros. Always felt like Trading Morgan was the "Babe Ruth" curse for them.

Reactions: Peachy

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
The only real fans in this town are for the football fans. Football fans are loyal and out for blood. You can't get people to care about rockets or astros and those stadiums are empty (besides rare special games ) then by the off chance we do make the playoffs. Everybody is a fan for two weeks.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Went to a game in Astrodome in 68 and saw them play the Dodgers. It was an unreal site to see back then. Also saw Joe Morgan play when he was with the Astros. Always felt like Trading Morgan was the "Babe Ruth" curse for them.
That's amazing. Astrodome in its prime.

Reactions: Horse Feathers

charlie

Reaction score
Man.. I love Joe Morgan. I miss him doing play by play on nationally broadcast games.

Reactions: Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers

Contributor
Reaction score
That's amazing. Astrodome in its prime.
Mind boggling. The first time I saw NRG next to it was crazy. Looks so small compared. I still haven't gone to see a Texans game, but I really want to.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
The only real fans in this town are for the football fans. Football fans are loyal and out for blood. You can't get people to care about rockets or astros and those stadiums are empty (besides rare special games ) then by the off chance we do make the playoffs. Everybody is a fan for two weeks.
There's also only 8 home pro football games in a season. Wheras there's 82 Astros home games and 41 Rockets home games. In hardcore sports cities like Boston and Chicago... every baseball game is sold out, but you can't expect that out of every city. I consider myself a hardcore fan of all 3 times

and I'm glad some Houston fans are like that because you can score really good deals on Stubhub and Seatgeek bless

I went to a Rockets game earlier this season (lower section - 20 rows up) for $30 apiece. Normally like $125 a seat. This was a random Monday home game against the Nets, but still

charlie

Reaction score
I got to see two things in my lifetime I never thought I'd see (on TV of course)
1. Red Sox World Series win in 2004.
2. Cubs World Series win last year.

In person, my hapless Texas Rangers going back to to back World Series even though they lost both. For me, it's just amazing they even got there. Likely will be the only time I'll ever be able to go to a World Series game and I went to two!

Man o man I love baseball.

Reactions: Peachy and TobyF

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
There's also only 8 home pro football games in a season. Wheras there's 82 Astros home games and 41 Rockets home games. In hardcore sports cities like Boston and Chicago... every baseball game is sold out, but you can't expect that out of every city. I consider myself a hardcore fan of all 3 times

and I'm glad some Houston fans are like that because you can score really good deals on Stubhub and Seatgeek bless

I went to a Rockets game earlier this season (lower section - 20 rows up) for $30 apiece. Normally like $125 a seat. This was a random Monday home game against the Nets, but still
Boston Has a really messed up ticket system. But I've been to Fenway. Really amazing. Terrible comparison though. Who cares if football season is 8 games. Houston fans are fickle monsters and I hate them. If you're die-hard. You're die-hard. They shouldn't only matter on the off chance they make playoffs.

Reactions: Peachy

Horse Feathers

Contributor
Reaction score
Boston Has a really messed up ticket system. But I've been to Fenway. Really amazing. Terrible comparison though. Who cares if football season is 8 games. Houston fans are fickle monsters and I hate them. If you're die-hard. You're die-hard. They shouldn't only matter on the off chance they make playoffs.
Went to a few Oilers games during the Bum Phillips era. Man oh man were they crazy fans back then.

Reactions: TobyF

charlie

Reaction score

re: red sox and every game sold out.. not really.. tickets are always available via stubhub and even regular tickets via the Red Sox box office. Last time I was in Boston (2 years ago now) I got two Green Monster tickets off stubhub for about $100 apiece. For games that are sold out remember how small Fenway is. Rangers Ballpark / Globe Life can easily hold 50,000. Fenway's lucky to get 38,000 though it has happened of course.

Reactions: Kerek and Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Terrible comparison?

8 games compared to 81 and 42 home games is a big difference. Find a sports city outside of New York/St Louis/Chicago and Boston that couldn't be considered at least a little "fickle". I'll wait

and it's kind of funny that the Rockets and Astros are both better than the Texans in their respected sports

Status
Not open for further replies.