04/12 - Funky Friday!

How much is your rent/mortgage?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
A15QAS0C50IATF has a good paying hit up if you are qualled.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
It is a regional bank because it is the only bank in town. I live in butt fuck Michigan where the next closest bank is 7 miles...and it has similar limits. I would have to drive 18 miles to get to a 'real bank.'

It's part of the joy of being stuck in rural 'Murica.
That's awful! I've seen that some of the big banks now let you open a checking and savings account online and stuff. I'm not sure what they require, but it might be better than having to live with a bank that won't work with you.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Basically daughter who doesn't live here, we watch her kid once a week overnight...anytime we have a lot of things going on..She'll start texting like crazy saying things like "she misses you" it's really frustrating it's like you are taking advantage of us being kind. The abuse or expectations of a privilege you don't have to be given is a big pet peeve of mine.
That right there is pretty subjective. Once a week can seem like a lot to some people but not others. The guilt tripping is over the top, though.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
That's awful! I've seen that some of the big banks now let you open a checking and savings account online and stuff. I'm not sure what they require, but it might be better than having to live with a bank that won't work with you.
Yeah, I am thinking of opening a secondary checking account with an online bank like Ally or something similar.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That right there is pretty subjective. Once a week can seem like a lot to some people but not others. The guilt tripping is over the top, though.
That is the part that annoys me the guilt tripping and we'll tell her we have things to do. Also its not like we're doing it so she can go out...she drops the kid off literally stays in the house for maybe 5 minutes and then just goes back home.

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
...When there is a really long timer on a survey and then you go to do it and they say that they've limited responses from my geographic location. :unamused::rage2: And it's a $4 HIT.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
That is the part that annoys me the guilt tripping and we'll tell her we have things to do. Also its not like we're doing it so she can go out...she drops the kid off literally stays in the house for maybe 5 minutes and then just goes back home.
I think something that you may need to take into account is her situation and her mental state. Being a young parent can be wonderful and it can royally suck ass at times. It can be really stressful. With my daughter I was in my mid 20s and lived close by my parents. Before they went insane they were very helpful with me and watching my daughter while I worked and a couple of nights a month they would let her sleep over. What would I do while she was gone? Stay home, sleep. Mentally unwind.

Hell, I'm 42 now and with my 3 year old literally nobody steps up to offer to help us. I'm pretty much a professional parent at this point and I still have times where I get stressed out and would love a break for a night but I know it isn't going to happen. My wife and I have 3 sets of retired parents who all give zero fucks about anyone else now and are off vacationing constantly. Great for them...

...but every parent has their limit and needs breaks. Some need them once a week and some need a break once a year.

When they reach out for help they are stressed, especially if all they do when kiddo isn't around is stay home and rest.

As a future potential grandparent I would totally rather have the little one over for a night to give mom and dad a break instead of getting a call some random morning that somebody snapped and drove over a cliff with baby in the back seat.

If you have major issues helping out watching the grandkid then cool but maybe help point the daughter in the direction of other folks who can help, too, and realize that she is probably in over her head and needs time for herself, too.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watching the kid isn't generally an issue, it's the lack of thanks and the taking it for granted part.

Honestly we've both had some issues with how she parents because she generally parents a lot like she has lived in her life to this point..lazy and half assed. Her and her boyfriend have spent 99% of the time unemployed so it's not like they're busy people.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Short survey on ads for social cause | Accept
Requester: Arani Roy [A2M42KZ1N0XHHK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.95] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: 5 minute survey on social welfare campaigns
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

2:30

Last edited:
Reactions: WowyGirl

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Title: A survey about your eating habits | Accept
Requester: Selma Gicevic [A1388ZPBGMKTIM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.65] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 6.10
Duration: 3:00:00
Description: Tell us what you ate and drank yesterday
Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

this was cool!

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TV: [Hrly=$17.65] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

this was cool!
Dudes getting screwed....

Reactions: sarcasta

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score

this was cool!
It also made me realize how terrible my diet is

:grimace:

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your use of iPhone applications | Accept
Requester: Aske Mottelson [A2C1LSY58O8MBL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.91] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.71] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=2.50] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
Reward: 7.00
Duration: 4:00:00
Description: Use the feature Screen Time to provide insight into your usage of iPhone applications
Qualifications: Primary Mobile Device - iPhone EqualTo 1; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US; Already Completed My Survey DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is this gonna be a morning where I do a 2 dollar hit that lasts 35 minutes...looking that way

Reactions: sarcasta and klyde

PandaThief

Reaction score
Morning Turkeys, Brother in law stuck in Thailand with no money to get back with 102 degree weather. LOL!! No fucks given. I swear its the brokest people that are always on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.