• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
anyone an expert or familiar with the Raspberri Pi hobbyist microcontroller? I have what might be a stupid question about using it.
I own one. I wouldn't call myself an expert or anything though. I just setup a web server on it. What's your question?

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone already said this, but I timed in at 19 min 43 for this so it was only $4.56/hr, but ended up with the bonus, so it's worth a try.
Title: Receive $1.50 for a short 15 minute decision task survey with the chance to win an additional $5 bonus | Accept
Requester: Luttmer Survey [A3LMEZC8ER13FT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a brief survey (about 15 minutes) as part of a research study. Receive $1.50 just for participating, and get up to an additional $5.00 bonus (for $6.50 in total).
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
There was no 2nd round. If you heard one song you got it. (At least I had no 2nd song)
it kept saying we were gonna listen to a 2nd song... then told me i wasnt going to so assumed

Listen to sounds. $.60 bonus (total $.70) when you complete all measurements(~ 6 minutes)

Reactions: GTR and DatJersey

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
For those of you working on Impactstory team hits..

Worker I:eek: A1PYMROZ75S4FW
HIT Title: Decide if two documents describe the same research article.
HIT Description: Compare title and authorship to decide if two documents describe the same research article. Estimated time 1 minute.
HIT I:eek: 3J9L0X0VDFU7HWBTA3E6L7FXPPU9WB

Hello I messaged you about a broken hit to let you know that science direct sites arent working.. I noticed that in the corner was a sign in so I joined the site. So I created an account and I can see part of the article. So you will see none in my privious hits as a response to broken lines in the Elsevier site. However you may want to note somewhere that people need to join site to get info. if you want them to :)
Kristina
-----------------

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for going to the trouble to sign up, but we definitely aren't expecting you to make an account just for this! In fact, we're specifically trying to tell whether these links work without registration. I'll see if I can emphasize this in the directions without making them even longer. I'm sorry if this slowed you down too much. I didn't receive any messages about broken HITs earlier, so I hope this addresses the issue.

Thanks,
Richard
-------------
ok so should i sign out of the one and just type none in the fields? I hate to mess up your data LOL
Let me know
Kristina Greer
---------
Oh, I forgot: don't worry about rejections on any of these. Thanks again.
Thanks,
Richard
-----

Yes please!

Thanks,
Richard
----------------

Awesome ,
Ty for the no rejections thing.. I will sign out and mark them as none
I belong to a forum and we have been discussing this and will let them know. there is a bunch working on these.

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I must have got lucky with a short song. Sorry guys. Didn't know the song or how many was random. I got 1 adele song and it ended saying there was no song 2. I guess it's diff for people?
it was adele. While I hate the human, the song is tolerable.

Reactions: DatJersey

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I own one. I wouldn't call myself an expert or anything though. I just setup a web server on it. What's your question?
I have my Pi hooked up my home router, the same router that is hooked up to my windows 10. Someone who wrote software I'm running on my Pi says some things are configurable by going to a prompt in Pi, navigating the directories to some file, and then edit the file to change the configuration setting that you want to change.

I want to know if the Pi is accessable through Windows 10's network or through Windows 10 browser (just like I can type in a IP address and get access to my router configuration interface). AFAIK, people say hook up a keyboard, mouse and monitor to the Pi but I have to think there is a easier way to do it since it's on my home network.

I suppose alternately I could pop the microSD card out of the Pi and put in my PC but I'm not sure the disk format is accessable by Windows Explorer to allow me to navigate to the file and edit the file on the SD card before I remove it from the PC and put it back in the Pi.

My microcontroller is the Arduino, the Pi is a much different beast to me so far....

Last edited:
Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I have my Pi hooked up my home router, the same router that is hooked up to my windows 10. Someone who wrote software I'm running on my Pi says some things are configurable by going to a prompt in Pi, navigating the directories to some file, and then edit the file to change the configuration setting that you want to change.

I want to know if the Pi is accessable through Windows 10's network or through Windows 10 browser (just like I can type in a IP address and get access to my router configuration interface). AFAIK, people say hook up a keyboard, mouse and monitor to the Pi but I have to think there is a easier way to do it since it's on my home network.

I suppose alternately I could pop the microSD card out of the Pi and put in my PC but I'm not sure the disk format is accessable by Windows Explorer to allow me to navigate to the file and edit the file on the SD card before I remove it from the PC and put it back in the Pi.

My microcontroller is the Arduino, the Pi is a much different beast to me so far....
I just connect through SSH. I'm not sure what operating system you have on your Pi (I put Ubuntu on mine), but I would imagine you could set it up on there.

I used a monitor and keyboard with it just to do the initial setup. I created the user account that I was going to be logging in as, then added my SSH key and made sure everything was setup the way I wanted in the sshd_config file. Then I could just log in from a terminal on my laptop with "ssh account-name@192.168.x.x" and I don't need to have the monitor and keyboard plugged into it anymore. I do all of this from Linux, but you can do it from Windows 10, too.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I just connect through SSH. I'm not sure what operating system you have on your Pi (I put Ubuntu on mine), but I would imagine you could set it up on there.
I don't know what OS is used on the microSD card on the Pi. It's Piaware aircraft tracking software and everything was made dummy proof for me. I download the software in an .ISO like thing, download a Windows 10 program that burns that ISO-like file to a microSD card in the right format/directory structure for Piaware, then put the microsd card in my Pi, plug the Pi in, hook it up to the home router by ethernet cable, plug the comm receiver into one of the USB ports on the Pi, and it does its thing and I just open up a 192.168.x.x address in my webbrowser that brings up the interface that shows a list of aircraft I'm currently receiving position reports from and plots it on a map.

Since I don't know the OS or if SSH is supported, maybe I need to ask my question on the Piaware forum site because of the unknowns.

Thank you ->:aveline:

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I don't know what OS is used on the microSD card on the Pi. It's Piaware aircraft tracking software and everything was made dummy proof for me. I download the software in an .ISO like thing, download a Windows 10 program that burns that ISO-like file to a microSD card in the right format/directory structure for Piaware, then put the microsd card in my Pi, plug the Pi in, hook it up to the home router by ethernet cable, plug the comm receiver into one of the USB ports on the Pi, and it does its thing and I just open up a 192.168.x.x address in my webbrowser that brings up the interface that shows a list of aircraft I'm currently receiving position reports from and plots it on a map.

Since I don't know the OS or if SSH is supported, maybe I need to ask my question on the Piaware forum site because of the unknowns.

Thank you ->:aveline:
From a quick Google search, it looks like it might be a Linux variant, so it should be possible. And you're welcome. Good luck! :)

GTR

Reaction score
get outta here Peter with that

Reactions: Vanyanka
Status
Not open for further replies.