04/08 - Minty Fresh Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Answer some quick questions about hypothetical situations (3-5 min) | PANDA
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $null] [Pay: null] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: null] [ToS: 0] [Blk: null]
TO: [Pay: 4.46] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 4.08] [Fair: 4.76] [Reviews: 125] [ToS: 1]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.80
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: We're interested in what different kinds of real-world situations people prefer. You'll see a few vignettes and have to answer a few questions about them.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Adelaide Basic Qualification Exists

spchles1

Reaction score

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Collaboration and Problem Solving(~ 60 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Michelle Kaplan [A276EEUO66M9RI] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $null] [Pay: null] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: null] [ToS: 0] [Blk: null]
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 67
Description: The purpose of the study is to better understand how tasks are completed in organizations and learn how individuals work with others to solve problems.
Requirements: TP Panel: -1981960508 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1981341657-136968] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Compare quality of audio samples - English@United States native only (non-natives rejected) [#fdb9] | PANDA
Requester: Speechfeedback [A2DPU6JE37X0YV] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.10] [Fast: 3.24] [Comm: 3.18] [Fair: 3.94] [Reviews: 110] [ToS: 3]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 2
Description: Listen to pairs of audio samples and decide which one sounds better.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95

Reactions: lolkatB and jan

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Evaluation Study | PANDA
Requester: Felix Septianto [A1JUONSXJT5ESO] (Req TV): $15.89/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You are invited to take part in a survey about consumer evaluation study. This will take around 5 minutes.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

5 min / reading

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: 2-3 min survey about book online retailers | Accept
Requester: Gerri Spassova [A36GVQJBSD0AB5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.07] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=4.48] [Comm=3.22] [Fair=4.17] [Reviews=40] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: you will read a brief scenario about online shopping and answer a few questions
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 00:58 Hourly: $18.57 happy monday![/td][/tr]

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Goodmorning everyone!

Mom advice needed. So my kid spent Friday throwing up. Saturday and Sunday he was fine and acting 100% normal. This morning at 1:30 AM he woke up throwing up again, but then he was normal and laughing and playing. I read that norovirus does that. Has one bad day then couple days great, then the kids throw up again. So question..should I take him to school today? My husband says i better because my son has missed a lot, but I don't want to chance other kids getting sick.

and..even if you aren't a mom advice needed LOL

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Goodmorning everyone!

Mom advice needed. So my kid spent Friday throwing up. Saturday and Sunday he was fine and acting 100% normal. This morning at 1:30 AM he woke up throwing up again, but then he was normal and laughing and playing. I read that norovirus does that. Has one bad day then couple days great, then the kids throw up again. So question..should I take him to school today? My husband says i better because my son has missed a lot, but I don't want to chance other kids getting sick.

I would say that if he is acting rested and okay this morning go for it...

but I would also consider making an appointment to ask for a blood sugar test if you haven't already done that.

I'm a type 2 and my niece is a Type 1 diabetic and random bouts of nausea and vomiting in children can be an indicator that the sugar is way off, especially in the middle of the night when resting.

Just being way over-cautious with that advice as it is probably NOT the case but it was the first thing that popped in my head.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone, btw.

Little dude is sleeping in this morning after crashing at 8 last night (no nap.) Daddy was able to get a solid 7 hours of sleep so all is right in the world this morning...

...as long as my teen gets her ass downstairs and ready for school in the next two minutes - otherwise evil dad has to show up for a minute.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I would say that if he is acting rested and okay this morning go for it...

but I would also consider making an appointment to ask for a blood sugar test if you haven't already done that.

I'm a type 2 and my niece is a Type 1 diabetic and random bouts of nausea and vomiting in children can be an indicator that the sugar is way off, especially in the middle of the night when resting.

Just being way over-cautious with that advice as it is probably NOT the case but it was the first thing that popped in my head.
Yes! I read that too and was thinking about it. He's done this before but it seems to come after a day of throwing up like he had Friday. I actually texted his teacher and asked what she wanted me to do. He's never had a fever or anything, but norovirus is contagious and I really don't want to risk other children.

Reactions: jan and sofaslug

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just did 4 and they approved almost instantly
I feel like they should be more than 9 cents. Some have a lot of samples you have to listen to, but better than nothing if no other work up.

Reactions: sofaslug

spchles1

Reaction score
I feel like they should be more than 9 cents. Some have a lot of samples you have to listen to, but better than nothing if no other work up.
I agree, that's the only reason I am doing them too.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

jan

Reaction score
Goodmorning everyone!

I always put my kid in school. But throw up virus?

Honestly, that thing is evil. I am not sure. I think I'd keep him home, tbh. I don't know about it skipping two days. That never happened with us. But we did both get it.

Once.

The worst weekend of my life. (well, almost.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.