04/07 - Super Mania Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Reaction score
if you do this one be prepared not to blink. It's interesting with a possibility of up to $4 bonus.. But good god the flashing in my head now

Title: Learn about Events | PANDA
Requester: STS Lab [A3UBQTCR2B8RJN] (TO) [PC] Add: PandaOnceSearch
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.21 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.75 Generosity
★★★★★ 4.42 Fairness
★★★★★ 4.43 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 131 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Watch animations, detect repetitions, and learn about events. The task is attentionally demanding and challenging, but there is a performance bonus of up to $4.00. The task takes ~ 40-50 min to complete.
Time: 5400
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;Has Done Task DoesNotExist ;Location EqualTo US

My brain is now fried. All I can see is leaves falling and glitter sparkles.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I went to Uni in 1990. Out of my year group of 600 at school, less than 40 of us went to university and stayed there until graduation. Now, the %age of people going to uni is so much higher, what's a degree worth? I was lucky, in the UK at that time, uni was free and there was a grant to live on. But we were the first years of student loans and mine was paid within 6 months of working full time. Now, I'd never be able to afford to go. The fees are too high. But everyone is told that without a degree they are almost unemployable.... well that's something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Life choices I don't regret mean I'm working on mTurk for pennies, But I'm 100% sure that grinding at a normal job to pay off student loans and car leases would feel equally as bad, if not worse.

I'm grateful every day that I made choices earlier in my life that means now I'm only needing to cover minimal expenses each month. I'm continuing to learn that those expenses can be reduced and removed by simplifying and focusing less on the material and more on the spiritual and emotional (what the surveys call experiential, but without the hint of hipster).

Of course, we'd have been great if hubby hadn't lost his job. And I'd not be angst-filled about affording the flights home to go to my dad's funeral. But actually neither of us want to get back on the hamster wheel of corporate (or worse retail) jobs to fund a lifestyle that we've realized wasn't making us happy and we didn't need.
Oh for sure. I could work with my degree, I could teach (and did) but I absolutely hated it so much I wanted to die. I don't want to die turking. Wish i was better at it and made more money, but I don't feel bad. And at first I felt SUPER bad and guilty and dirty about being the partner who stays home and does the housewife stuff and all that but... we spend so much less on things than our friends, we eat better, we have more fulfilling hobbies, we're able to leave at a moments notice to do stuff and that wouldnt' be the case.

Just wish I didn't have an 80k student loan bill to cry at lol

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The HIT from yesterday was "step 3" and it's 6 dollars. She published the 6 dollar HIT today, and you just have to submit the HIT with any code. There was another HIT before that called "step 2", and some people had some problems with finding and submitting that HIT, and she was supposed to bonus them a 4 dollar bonus, but she couldn't figure out how to do that, so she made qualification HITs instead, and those are the 4 dollars ones. Also published today.
I've done all her hits fine, they never didn't work for me, the hit today was just to get paid for yesterday and I did it just fine. Maybe you missed a step.

I can't see the $4 ones because I did that survey and it was recorded. If you can see it you might need to?
Same. No $4 for me b/c it worked fine and today's was $6 submit with whatever code you want. Only reason I posted about it at all was b/c I thought maybe we needed to do another test, but that one isn't till the end of this week.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Word Associations 6B | Accept
Requester: Eileen Haebig [ANF8JSYEMCHFK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$29.72] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This short survey consists of 30-35 words. Workers are asked to list three words that come to mind after reading each word.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Word Associations 6 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

HelloHello

Reaction score
I've done all her hits fine, they never didn't work for me, the hit today was just to get paid for yesterday and I did it just fine. Maybe you missed a step.

Same. No $4 for me b/c it worked fine and today's was $6 submit with whatever code you want. Only reason I posted about it at all was b/c I thought maybe we needed to do another test, but that one isn't till the end of this week.
So, when are we supposed to do the reading of the lesson for the second test? I'm assuming there is a new lesson.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Word Associations 6B | Accept
Requester: Eileen Haebig [ANF8JSYEMCHFK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$29.72] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Description: This short survey consists of 30-35 words. Workers are asked to list three words that come to mind after reading each word.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Word Associations 6 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I can never catch these and it makes me so butthurt.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, when are we supposed to do the reading of the lesson for the second test? I'm assuming there is a new lesson.
I think it's the same test! I got the impression that we're supposed to be being tested on the same material to see if we remember it/rentention/if we do better the second time.

I mean I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and fail it every time but I support her research lol

Reactions: HelloHello

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Political attitudes study | Accept
Requester: Michael Thaler [A12QI37UFDXCQY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.30] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.78] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.29] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Description: A 20 minute study on political attitudes with a chance to win an additional $10 bonus.
Qualifications: MThaler 2-9-18 Prevent Retaking DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Get it[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Michele

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh for sure. I could work with my degree, I could teach (and did) but I absolutely hated it so much I wanted to die. I don't want to die turking. Wish i was better at it and made more money, but I don't feel bad. And at first I felt SUPER bad and guilty and dirty about being the partner who stays home and does the housewife stuff and all that but... we spend so much less on things than our friends, we eat better, we have more fulfilling hobbies, we're able to leave at a moments notice to do stuff and that wouldnt' be the case.

Just wish I didn't have an 80k student loan bill to cry at lol
I'm Soooo trying to pay off student loans with turk money too. It's not fun:cry2::cry2::cry2:

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
The $7.00 Neuronoodle HIT had loading problems when I grabbed it, but the requester fixed it. I'm glad I didn't return it. It only took about 45 minutes and I got over a $2 bonus. Earnings: $15.77 from the last 2 hours. :)

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Internet survey of psychological factors involved in obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior | Accept
Requester: Melanie Wadkins [ATTPRMQ15WXWM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.38] [Fast=3.33] [Comm=3.20] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=13] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: We are conducting an academic survey about emotions related to obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors. Most participants will complete the survey in approximately 25 minutes.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
15 minutes[/td][/tr]

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.