04/07 - Fantastic Dik-Diks on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Goodmorning from my creepy cat who is actually still asleep here.
My husband says she took Metallica-Enter Sandman too literally:
'Sleep with one eye open..'ok this is not my joke.

edit: less giant creepy cat

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
How can anyone do this in a couple of seconds

During this survey, we have experienced that a minority of Workers completed our survey in only few seconds. Compared to Workers that completed with an average time of 15 minutes, we believe that such a rush is unfair. Therefore, we reserve the right to not approve your participation in these rushing cases. Our goal is to ensure fairness compared to Workers that are interested in participating honestly. In return, we will do our best to approve your participation in less than 24 hours.
have you ever checked other turkers work?
I've done that a few times and the results are - well, often okay, but OMG the junk that is also turned in. :sofa:

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a linguistic experiment | PANDA
Requester: CNRS-LSCP Mora Maldonado -SEMEXP [AEPGKBBO22OIF] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.60] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Answer a 5 minutes questionnaire on English sentences
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

cassius

Reaction score
have you ever checked other turkers work?
I've done that a few times and the results are - well, often okay, but OMG the junk that is also turned in. :sofa:
I had a requestor tell me that once when I caught my mistake on a survey after I turned it in. I wrote to her and apologized. She wrote back and told me that since I was honest about it she would approve it but said it is amazing the stuff she gets and can't use. My mistake appeared minor considering her statement which of course didn't go into detail but I got the point.

Reactions: jan and KYKITTY

CloudNine

Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
I had a requestor tell me that once when I caught my mistake on a survey after I turned it in. I wrote to her and apologized. She wrote back and told me that since I was honest about it she would approve it but said it is amazing the stuff she gets and can't use. My mistake appeared minor considering her statement which of course didn't go into detail but I got the point.
a couple of years ago, we had to find the school supply lists (pens, pencils, notebooks) for individual schools across the US.
When they sent out the hits for review, someone kept putting a link not to a supply list, but a link to the town of Supply, North Carolina.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
a couple of years ago, we had to find the school supply lists (pens, pencils, notebooks) for individual schools across the US.
When they sent out the hits for review, someone kept putting a link not to a supply list, but a link to the town of Supply, North Carolina.
the julians, 1/2 the people or ok probably the same few people, it's like they were picking out everything showing what not to do in the instructions and working from that. which considering they had to pass a qual test, i just didn't understand.

Reactions: jan

DorthyZbornak

Golden
Contributor
Reaction score
the julians, 1/2 the people or ok probably the same few people, it's like they were picking out everything showing what not to do in the instructions and working from that. which considering they had to pass a qual test, i just didn't understand.
I've been doing those on and off (not the moderation) and sometimes it's tough. You don't get any feedback other than the bonus emails, so I guess if I get 6 out of 7 every once in awhile I must be doing ok? I could make more money on them, but I just point out obvious things that I think are right.

Reactions: jan and T. Leela
Status
Not open for further replies.