03/30 - Thoughtless Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Reactions: JanetW

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Is anyone else not getting their payout from Connect. I asked for payout 2 days ago and I just keep getting a message saying paypal is having a problem with payouts. But paypal worked perfectly fine when I did a payout on Prolific. Really hope Connect isn't starting to scam us.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Is anyone else not getting their payout from Connect. I asked for payout 2 days ago and I just keep getting a message saying paypal is having a problem with payouts. But paypal worked perfectly fine when I did a payout on Prolific. Really hope Connect isn't starting to scam us.
You know you have the option to get an Amazon Gift Card versus PayPal now? My complaint is that recently some of their Requesters are taking quite a while to approve pay for their studies.

Reactions: Blakkat

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
You know you have the option to get an Amazon Gift Card versus PayPal now? My complaint is that recently some of their Requesters are taking quite a while to approve pay for their studies.
do you have any issues with getting an AGC? I'd rather have Paypal, but some of the horror stories I've heard makes me think AGC is the better choice

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
do you have any issues with getting an AGC? I'd rather have Paypal, but some of the horror stories I've heard makes me think AGC is the better choice
Usually, I would take the cash unless I had a small amount or was poised to buy something on Amazon but with their current issues I think AGC is the way to go. I can, at any moment, find something I need (or think I do) on Amazon versus someplace else.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not connect being scammy. Prolific was doing the same thing last week. PayPal doesn't like when one company is constantly making small payments. To their algorithm it looks sus and they'll cut them off for a few days while they investigate. It has to do with new tax laws going into effect this year especially in the eu and uk (but the us will be doing similarly next year). PayPal is exercising more oversight cause they don't want to get fines and shit. They'll clear it up in a few days. Until then all we can do is be patient. PayPal is also charging larger fees to companies like prolific and connect for these >£10 payments and they might be trying to negotiate that. Another site I work on has changed their payouts to where you have to have at least $10 to help mitigate the fees whereas before you could cash out $.40 if you wanted to and I'd expect the rest to follow suit shortly

Last edited:

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Nothing on MTurk today, and it won't even let me log into my Connect account for some stupid reason.

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not connect being scammy. Prolific was doing the same thing last week. PayPal doesn't like when one company is constantly making small payments. To their algorithm it looks sus and they'll cut them off for a few days while they investigate. It has to do with new tax laws going into effect this year especially in the eu and uk (but the us will be doing similarly next year). PayPal is exercising more oversight cause they don't want to get fines and shit. They'll clear it up in a few days. Until then all we can do is be patient. PayPal is also charging larger fees to companies like prolific and connect for these >£10 payments and they might be trying to negotiate that. Another site I work on has changed their payouts to where you have to have at least $10 to help mitigate the fees whereas before you could cash out $.40 if you wanted to and I'd expect the rest to follow suit shortly
That's helpful info. I limit Prolific to 50 GBP and Connect to $25. FWIW. No delays with Paypal processing the $$$.

Reactions: Aydiarose

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Usually, I would take the cash unless I had a small amount or was poised to buy something on Amazon but with their current issues I think AGC is the way to go. I can, at any moment, find something I need (or think I do) on Amazon versus someplace else.
I was leaning towards the AGC - but thx for the info. I can always use it for groceries!

Reactions: HelloHello

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Three Minute Survey About Life Experiences and Social Media(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CANESlab [AS1XKNPZ3HQZO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.39] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 14
Description: Listen to a story from a mom's blog post and then answer a few questions about it and social media.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [13117939-410915] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.