03/30 - Frequency Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamalani

Reaction score
jan @jan 's idea is good. visit it. How bad is it? I guess the one thing I'm not accounting for is kids are WAY worse than when I was in high school. So that is a factor. Are they terrible crime children? I can't even say drugs, because drugs were super abundant in my upper middle class school, and parents bought us our liqour and my best friend was dealing weed - that being said all my drinking and drugs in high school i graduated with straight A's hahah
We are in an upper middle class too. Anyways, drugs are rampant here but my daughter still has straight A's. I think every area has their issues. We're about 45 mins outside of major city and it's easy for the kids to get down there to get the drugs. It just depends on your kids. The kids here are jerks too. It really just depends on your kids. And if your child is in with the wrong crowd now, it might be better to check something new out. But there are wrong crowds everywhere.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Try a Translation Tool - must use Chrome browser! | Accept
Requester: Thomas [AT411358FDXB9] Contact
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.45
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 331
Description: -
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.19
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
can we do more than one?

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd choose my sanity, because believe me, those mood stabilizers, antidepressants and anxiety meds start to add up in the good ole pocketbook, even with insurance, those co-pays are no joke.
The reason I use that phrase is because this is what I have...me and my gf...4 kids..all teenagers, our oldest daughter is pregnant and 17 and her boyfriend is living with us.

None of them understand what dealing with a baby is going to be like. Our oldest son is leaving for college in the fall he's almost 19 and the youngest girl they are extremely difficult to get a long with.

Add all of this into one house.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are in an upper middle class too. Anyways, drugs are rampant here but my daughter still has straight A's. I think every area has their issues. We're about 45 mins outside of major city and it's easy for the kids to get down there to get the drugs. It just depends on your kids. The kids here are jerks too. It really just depends on your kids. And if your child is in with the wrong crowd now, it might be better to check something new out. But there are wrong crowds everywhere.
While not being a horrendous kid like she isn't doing drugs or banging a bunch of guys those are the kids she ends up friends with because she is a disruptive issue at school because she doesn't wanna be there. Not doing her school work and all that has lumped her in with those kids. She basically has the same "fuck this and fuck you" attitude about school and doing anything she doesn't wanna do that those kids do without the really over the top behavior. She reacts more like a little kid when she doesn't get her way tantrums and all.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
While not being a horrendous kid like she isn't doing drugs or banging a bunch of guys those are the kids she ends up friends with because she is a disruptive issue at school because she doesn't wanna be there. Not doing her school work and all that has lumped her in with those kids. She basically has the same "fuck this and fuck you" attitude about school and doing anything she doesn't wanna do that those kids do without the really over the top behavior. She reacts more like a little kid when she doesn't get her way tantrums and all.
Sounds like moving might be good for her. And if the other school district isn't rated well look into the schools more because they might actually offer things that could help her.

Reactions: Kamalani

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like moving might be good for her. And if the other school district isn't rated well look into the schools more because they might actually offer things that could help her.
I said the same damn thing, hey maybe this school system which actually offer you something the other one doesn't. She didn't react well to that because honestly the idea of a school making her do something isn't something she wants at all.

She views school as a place to socialize with the people she knows nothing more.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys, it's nice to get some outside perspective because for a little bit we were thinking we were bad people for considering moving to a worse rated school district.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Woah! I thought I had allergies but I am just plain old sick. What a week! I'm out unless I feel much better later. Happy Easter!
Projected Earnings $1.44 lol
hope you feel better!

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys, it's nice to get some outside perspective because for a little bit we were thinking we were bad people for considering moving to a worse rated school district.
I think there is a difference between "worse" and slightly below. The truth is, I'm old fashioned, I grew up in the generation that parents did what was best for the family, and you might not like it, it might suck, but you SUCKED IT UP, and kept ya damn mouth shut. These days kids have opinions, and they let you know them very LOUDLY. Which is something I am still trying to reconcile within myself in accepting.

Reactions: Liz

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
So honest question...

Would it make me a bad person to move to a slightly worse school district when I can get twice the house for my money? It's just very difficult to find what we need when I have so many people.

Also our 14 year old daughter who is a horrible student, doesn't try in school and has a shitty group of friends is the one bitching about leaving the school district how's that make sense?
I actually just did this about 5 years ago when I moved to the boonies. My kids threw a fit, well guess what they aren't the ones that pay for the house. I mean if you are talking about crime/violence that's one thing, mine it just backwoods now versus state of the art.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think there is a difference between "worse" and slightly below. The truth is, I'm old fashioned, I grew up in the generation that parents did what was best for the family, and you might not like it, it might suck, but you SUCKED IT UP, and kept ya damn mouth shut. These days kids have opinions, and they let you know them very LOUDLY. Which is something I am still trying to reconcile within myself in accepting.
I know it's really frustrating, its like they think you should bend over and do everything for them because of their friends helicopter parents or something. Kids these days have a really really bad self entitlement complex, I'm not sure why but it runs deep with nearly all kids now.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Title: Online Behavioural Performance in Anxious and Non-Anxious Volunteers | Accept
Requester: Lucie Daniel-Watanabe [A33KREXETT264B] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.37] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 4 hours
Available: 1
Description: This study consists of online questionnaires which ask questions about you and any mental health symptoms you may be experiencing. You will then go on to complete an online cognitive test.
Requirements: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.19
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy
Status
Not open for further replies.