03/29 - Fabuloso Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
hm... gimme a link on that Acer Aspire if you have it. My main box *is* an Acer Aspire, and it's been solid for 9 years. Ram upgraded 4 < 8, a few years back ($50). It took a little convincing to go with Acer Aspire (I wanted Sony or Toshiba, because I've had good luck repairing Toshibas in my prior career). Might look up the E15. Digging around Amazon deals...
Check out Woot.com (part of Amazon) especially in the Clearance and Open Box deals. I order lots of stuff through the Amazon Warehouse as well.

Reactions: Concise

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Let me know if y'all want any help for the server migration.

I have a variety of connected skills, like pointing and laughing, and sending memes and pictures of food via e-mail.

I'm also famous for seeing what people did wrong when it's too late to fix it.
Ha, thank you. Those sound like very useful skills.

I think we should be okay. I've done a couple test runs with the database that I exported last night and they've all gone really well. The only thing that I haven't been able to test is redirecting HAProxy to the new server, but I think I'll be able to figure that out. I'll let you know if I need any pictures of food though.

DucciGucci

Reaction score
Are there any handy scripts for these Indeeds?

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score

I think we should be okay. I've done a couple test runs with the database that I exported last night and they've all gone really well. The only thing that I haven't been able to test is redirecting HAProxy to the new server, but I think I'll be able to figure that out. I'll let you know if I need any pictures of food though.
On the serious side while my background isn't that much on web servers I did do tech support for decades concentrating on problems that required research so if you need extras to to digital legwork for you let me know (if I'm awake, y'all probably actually know what a morning looks like).

I mean yeah it sounds like you have a team and good on ya for taking this on, I hope the changes mean less maintenance work.

Reactions: aveline

alk69

Reaction score
Ebner Lab, part 3(A3) HIT is up for those who've done first two parts. Got the email. It's 7.00 this time. If you're wondering, it's the same thing again. So if you've done it twice, you know what to do for the third time. So position your butt exactly 24 inches from the screen and look at these folk once again. True it's wondrously boring, but it takes absolutely NO THINKING AT ALL. My opinion of the perfect HIT.

GTR

Reaction score
i think i set a new record on daze without doing a survey today

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Title: Estimate emotions of faces and categorize (for American citizens only)(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Amit Goldenberg [AA6JPWTLJ6O5W] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.29] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.25] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 35:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer a few questions in response to 50 pictures and categorize
Qualifications: Exc: [589953230-137697] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: aveline

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score

Appreciate all the hard work you're doing to keep the forum up. Hope it's not causing you too much stress.

alk69

Reaction score
Any body attempted one of these Opimus Prime robot things? Should I try to acquire one? Or is it another fish bone HIT--that'll stab me in the back?

Skylycat

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Ethan Perez for work related to 371DNNCG44HHCKQCPZC4AO2S529T8M.
The value of your bonus is: $0.75 USD

The Requester included this note:
Great accuracy!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

:celebrate:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
On the serious side while my background isn't that much on web servers I did do tech support for decades concentrating on problems that required research so if you need extras to to digital legwork for you let me know (if I'm awake, y'all probably actually know what a morning looks like).

I mean yeah it sounds like you have a team and good on ya for taking this on, I hope the changes mean less maintenance work.
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I've pushed myself hard to learn as much about this stuff as quickly as I can, but it's all still very overwhelming to me at times. It's very stressful, lol. It's nice to know that people are willing to lend a hand if it gets to be too much.

I think it will mean less work. As long as the forum stops going down constantly, I'll be pretty happy.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I've pushed myself hard to learn as much about this stuff as quickly as I can, but it's all still very overwhelming to me at times. It's very stressful, lol. It's nice to know that people are willing to lend a hand if it gets to be too much.

I think it will mean less work. As long as the forum stops going down constantly, I'll be pretty happy.
Well glad I found you and could join before the transfer.. That way I can say down the road... Yeah iI remember the old days of the old server :p

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Well glad I found you and could join before the transfer.. That way I can say down the road... Yeah iI remember the old days of the old server :p
Maybe we can even squeeze in one extra server crash before the migration, just for you.

(I actually really hope that doesn't happen.)

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
Concise @Concise

I had the E15. Fell apart on me after 2 1/2 years. Actually I'm using it right now as a desktop with a usb keyboard because the frame fell apart and it's no longer portable. my stats are a bit different than tjhat laptop, it has an SSD and 8gb ram. but the build quality is terrible IME. never getting an acer again.

I just got this from this same seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Precision-M2800-15-6-Laptop-i7-Gen-4-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-2GB-FirePro/202603325897?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

very nice laptop, great build quality. it's not new but mine came looking pretty much new, even some of the plastic was still on and the battery is in excellent shape (obv ymmv with used batteries). it definitely wasn't used much. it's a bit heavier and it gets hot, not that hot but if you ever lay down with it and have it on you you definitely need some clothes on lol. it's been awesome so far. really the build quality is no comparison to the acer. this thing could fuck someone up if you needed to use it as a weapon for sure

caveats: it has no camera and doesn't come with a power pack. what i did was buy the docking station with a power pack for $20 (oh yeah, you can dock it! really useful)

it also has a decent gaming gpu

Last edited:
Reactions: jklmnop and Concise

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
by the way those new noah turk webcraft hits are buggy, twice i tried to submit and it told me it couldn't but it's still in my que and reset the whole thing. bs for real them shits take like 10 minutes each

Status
Not open for further replies.