Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Channel preference for vairous products(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Gedas Kucinskas [A3WJPVGWEU9BX]
TurkerView: [ $25.87 / hour ]
Description: You will need to answer simple questions about eshop and physical store shopping.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 23
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [295393283-354751] DoesNotExist
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3PE844HNSGZ35PVXWV9F1ZT70F2AK7]

Reactions: jan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Employment Challenges and Behaviors | PANDA
Requester: Mike M [A215HDOTI59ZH1]
TurkerView: [ $13.55 / hour ]
Description: A survey about your job(s) and associated challenges. This survey should take about 10 minutes, has screening questions and attention checkers.
Duration: 1,440 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location EqualTo US
[3ZSDUF3VXO76SY3K191OX4ZS6D823F]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: jan

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about working for Apple as an at home tech support person? I'm mostly pc, but have worked with Macs for graphic design. I have a design interview on Monday, but an Apple recruiter is also asking if I'm interested in their training for at home support. It sounds good moneywise, but stressful and doesn't seem to have as much of an overlap with possible future film/video related work as graphic design might provide.

Reactions: Lumius

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
In the demographics, the age range only goes up to 64

Title: March 2022 COVID-19 Survey(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Psychology Research Methods [A1OKELGFZG7653]
TurkerView: [ $22.80 / hour ]
Description: survey
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 10
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications:
  • TP Panel: -1655170301 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [354580-353991] DoesNotExist
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3TSPVXK7ZQ5LYTWYY7Q7YF3VF2SLFE]

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Lumius

Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about working for Apple as an at home tech support person? I'm mostly pc, but have worked with Macs for graphic design. I have a design interview on Monday, but an Apple recruiter is also asking if I'm interested in their training for at home support. It sounds good moneywise, but stressful and doesn't seem to have as much of an overlap with possible future film/video related work as graphic design might provide.
I have cousin working part-time who quit as CS there last year-not sure that it's the same position, but she didn't like the stress.

She said they had been moving to a subscription model for everything, and people were very unhappy with needing to pay extra for everything, on top of being some of the most entitled people she had ever met (lives in Orange County, so that's saying something)

She said that the negativity and talk tracks weren't something she liked. They had keystroke logging/productivity trackers and illogical quotas. She works for Dell now, says it's much more relaxed.

If you need the cash, it's a solid job-she was doing $19/hrish right out of college though, but really didn't like the pace, and other companies are very close or better pay-wise, for less stress.

Edit: She has a STEM (don't remember the exact field-computer something) degree from San Diego State, not sure if that is required for the type of support you would be doing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Concise and Michele

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the feedback. No, I am only a little bit of a tech person, I actually got my start in a new media internship coding, but got pulled over to the graphic design department. Now, all these years later, I've returned to school to get a formal 4 yr degree in Film production after just completing coursework for another AA in film.
This Apple tech position has 9 weeks of paid training that doesn't require any degree and is supposedly paying $20/hr from what I can see. But some of the mid to negative reviews of the job say the same thing that you're saying she experienced about the stress and micromanagement....maybe I'll just stick to making things pretty in design or film, editing, writing... I guess we'll see what happens Monday or maybe look at other tech help positions.
I have cousin working part-time who quit as CS there last year-not sure that it's the same position, but she didn't like the stress.

She said they had been moving to a subscription model for everything, and people were very unhappy with needing to pay extra for everything, on top of being some of the most entitled people she had ever met (lives in Orange County, so that's saying something)

She said that the negativity and talk tracks weren't something she liked. They had keystroke logging/productivity trackers and illogical quotas. She works for Dell now, says it's much more relaxed.

If you need the cash, it's a solid job-she was doing $19/hrish right out of college though, but really didn't like the pace, and other companies are very close or better pay-wise, for less stress.

Edit: She has a STEM (don't remember the exact field-computer something) degree from San Diego State, not sure if that is required for the type of support you would be doing.

Last edited:

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Short study for research!(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT]
TurkerView: [ $14.95 / hour ]
Description: This study involves a survey for research conducted by Michael Norton at Harvard Business School and Adam Waytz at Northwestern University. You will be provided an article to read and asked to make a prediction about President Biden’s approval rating. This study will help us learn about individual behavior and decision-making. This survey will take about 4-5 minutes and you will be compensated $0.64 for completing the study. The HIT Is open to those participants who are 18 years or older, located in the U.S., with a HIT approval rate of at least 95%, and have completed at least 50 previous HITs. Additionally, you need to identity as a Republican.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 16
Reward: $0.65
Qualifications:
Exc: [-2027077034-354770] DoesNotExist
Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
Location In US
[33FLRCV01N0D5YX5Z360GNN964OROO]

Status
Not open for further replies.