03/20 - Motorhead Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 526

my mturk id has 14 chars. I want it to have 1 char like a saudi license plate.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
T. Leela @T. Leela has a 21 character one and it seems to be the cause of PFA/Geohive servers not giving a response.
That's amazing. I was honestly about to type that I would be surprised if they had hit 15 characters yet since mine is 13 and that was in 2013 when it was generated, even though requesters seem to share the same generation process.

Now I need to look at my scripts... if there are requesters with that many characters in their ID that might break one or two of my scripts.

Reactions: Kadauchi

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's amazing. I was honestly about to type that I would be surprised if they had hit 15 characters yet since mine is 13 and that was in 2013 when it was generated, even though requesters seem to share the same generation process.

Now I need to look at my scripts... if there are requesters with that many characters in their ID that might break one or two of my scripts.
It appears that its just a random fuck up or something, since this should be prevalent with new people if it were otherwise.

Reactions: Blue and sryan66611

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
It appears that its just a random fuck up or something, since this should be prevalent with new people if it were otherwise.
Outside the US? or using an IP address that reads outside the US when the account was applied for/generated?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.67] [Fair: 4.75] [Comm: 3.86] [Fast: 4.68] [Reviews: 26] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A multiple choice survey about common words
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [37392-36803] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.18.2

D

Deleted member 526

makes it easier to pick out of a list anyway. though I really could live without that.
is there something unusual about you that amazon knows? that could be encoded in your mturk id somehow that makes it longer.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~2 mins.

Title: Brief Academic Survey(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Alex Shaw [A3JX46EIC38SJG] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.83] [Fair: 4.13] [Comm: 3.80] [Fast: 4.08] [Reviews: 44] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Read a short story and answer a few quick questions about it
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Exc: [1678788812-37280] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;

Reactions: Yatagarasu

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
another turking account at your location or on your turking computer?
I can't think, i registered last may, at home, in colorado, my computer, you know even when not on a vpn i remember I did get a weird response from somewhere i was trying to sign up with, saying i wasn't in the US, my memory is too screwed up to remember what happened or why if i found out why. weird. but they wouldn't have let me register through mturk as being in the US would they? without giving me crap about it one way or another? I don't think i'd have had a vpn knowingly in place when trying to register.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
Status
Not open for further replies.