03/19 - Thrifty Thursday

What size screen do you mainly turk with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
And just as importantly, an increasing number of requesters are aware of this type of script. And they don't like it. And I've seen several complain about it. They've got to be complaining to Amazon, too.. I don't doubt that's one reason you see so many good paying HITs posted as low pay--or zero pay--and with promised bonuses. To avoid the autoaccepters getting it all. After all, the essence of the crowd is to have a large, broad range of individuals do the work. Not a select handful of aggressive script users. You must have noticed that the same handful of workers seem to always grab the best stuff. They get it when everyone else is scrabbling for just an occasional HIT--panda'ing and hoping for an abandoned HIT........And yes, I've seen some people lose their accounts and claim it was one of those scripts...I've also seen this type of scripting used ever since I've been doing this....Incidentally, at the time I started turking, Amazon TOS forbid the use of scripts. They claimed that they were bots, since they did the work for you. You can see how that worked out....all n all it's questionable. And the biggest question is when, not if, Amazon takes action.
I agree

• Love
Reactions: corvid and alk69

alk69

Reaction score
How many inchers are you rocking ?
I'm only using a 27'' monitor now. It was the largest I could get on my table. I decided that a large single one gave me more useful space. With my vision, I can only see so much anyway. I set it up with two main windows, but sometimes use more, with various tabs. I really like it. Got it on sale, too.

PandaThief

Reaction score
morning, quick q

does amazon frown on autoaccepting scripts? like the ones that automatically accept above a certain dollar amount. Has anyone gotten banned for using them?
There's a secret one over at TV and people pay $20 to use it, the author of it is legit ChrisTurk @ChrisTurk . Doubt he would put anyone's account at risk . I wouldn't use any other one though not knowing what the authors intentions are. But yea use at your own risk. PC works pretty good for me, i haven't ever looked into those AA scripts though

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisTurk and alk69

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: 7-minute survey for NBA fans with potential for bonus(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.34] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Good] [Rej=4] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.65] [Fast=4.52] [Comm=3.93] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=504] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.65
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: In this survey, you will answer some questions about previous NBA games.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [198190946-204459] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
morning, quick q

does amazon frown on autoaccepting scripts? like the ones that automatically accept above a certain dollar amount. Has anyone gotten banned for using them?
you wont get in trouble for it at all. (edit... I personally haven't gotten in trouble)

I fought against using them for years, but Its pretty much the best way to turk nowadays if you want to make a lot of money. I use Stax. its free.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
lotta people working with 17+ inch screens. it doesn't even need to be that big to be effective. I'm actually glad mine isn't that big.

PandaThief

Reaction score
you wont get in trouble for it at all.

I fought against using them for years, but Its pretty much the best way to turk nowadays if you want to make a lot of money. I use Stax. its free.
Last i heard stax got a lot of people's account banned with the captcha issue, haven't followed up though

• Grimacing
Reactions: alk69

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
you wont get in trouble for it at all.
so let me be more specific and say I personally have never gotten in trouble.

I don't see a huge difference in setting up a panda that automatically collects hits from certain requesters (which everyone does and has been doing for years ) and setting up a script that accepts any hit over... lets say...a dollar.

either way its a script collecting hits for you.

Reactions: Mikey Chlanda

Markb

Reaction score

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Employees' general work & life in current "COVID-19" situation(~ 1 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yisheng Peng [ADOSPKOMBX0OA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.14] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.20] [Fast=3.40] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.40] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 100
Description: This is a quick survey research on people's work & life in the current situation of COVID-19
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [205053-204464] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US

Lumius

Reaction score
All of us people using 16 inch screens feeling a bit left out on the survey :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Despairagus

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Curious Questions about your Face!(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Dr Aiden P Gregg [A3BFYNDBL7JBJL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$4.94] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 27
Description: Psychology survey on your reactions to ways your face might be
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [5889520-183432] DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
what was the captcha issue?
every 25 hits u have to do a captcha to prove you're human. I'm guessing stax kept trying to collect hits when there was a captcha... and maybe people got in trouble for that?

idk, I've had easy auto refresh do that on captchas before I had masters and I never got in trouble

PandaThief

Reaction score
what was the captcha issue?
Can't find the link but it was in the turk subreddit where it was solving captchas for people automatically and it got their account suspended/terminated. Might want to do a search , this was around last summer

Reactions: orchardstreet
Status
Not open for further replies.