03/19 - Tabby Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katia2019

Reaction score
Finally got an email back about that Adaptive Training Math Problems HIT last week that was not working.

Hello,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

We have been investigating why the link provided was not working and found out a synthetic surge of activity tied up the HIT during its duration, resulting in a standstill of activity for the actual workers. This surge was on the magnitude of an equivalent 500,000 workers pushing the submit button continuously. This "ball of yarn" has tied us up trying to figure out what happened.

Initially, it was believed this only was preventing people from starting the HIT, but in fact it also impact those who were already in progress. Therefore, if a worker was issued a rejection, it has been reversed (processing now) and they will be compensated for their time and frustration.

We plan to continue with the experiment once we have finished sorting everything out. For workers who were not able to complete the problems in this round, we still encourage you to try again when the HIT is back online.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

cassius

Reaction score
I think last week was? I remember playing Slime Rancher and being like "haha Tabby Tuesday and I have tabby slimes haha!" and then spending too much time slime ranching.
too much slime on your hands.:eek:

Reactions: Despairagus

Kliq

Reaction score
Title: Job skills survey | Accept
Requester: Brendan Lortie [A3V23W1LN6N28E] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.44] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please complete a survey about your personality and job skills
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Job skills survey | Accept
Requester: Brendan Lortie [A3V23W1LN6N28E] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.44] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please complete a survey about your personality and job skills
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Now that's an avatar.

Reactions: Kliq

Dragonfly

Reaction score
On Hit Forker what does it mean under the number of HITs available? Is that how many are available at one time? If it shows one does it mean there is only one of their HITs being worked on by someone at a time and if it says five then there are five being worked on at a time?

I am sure this is a stupid question.

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
On Hit Forker what does it mean under the number of HITs available? Is that how many are available at one time? If it shows one does it mean there is only one of their HITs being worked on by someone at a time and if it says five then there are five being worked on at a time?

I am sure this is a stupid question.
Some requesters load their surveys as a batch so you'll see 100+ while others have it set to 1 per worker but 100+ assignments so it's only showing you one.

Batches get more complicated and you'll never know the true answer of how many are out there.

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Some requesters load their surveys as a batch so you'll see 100+ while others have it set to 1 per worker but 100+ assignments so it's only showing you one.

Batches get more complicated and you'll never know the true answer of how many are out there.
Thank you very much for taking the time and helping me out :) That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.