03/18 - Silly Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
one of my high school friend's kids is making surveys for her psych class.
she created this five question survey (like 15 seconds to complete) and it'd be awesome if one or two of yous could complete it (yes, for free, she's just starting these classes)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/38DTXB3
:thumbup: that was kind of fun

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Lots of (not very lucky) things have happened in the past...oh...however long I've been away. Had to get a second job, wife can't work and is trying to get disability, set up a GoFundMe (that is doing terrible), and yeah. I won't be able to rockstar mTurk like I did in my first 10 days, but I wanted to check in and say hello. <3
Not that it's any of my business but, can your wife turk? Even if she gets disability, usually, you are able to make another $100-200 before they start cutting into the disability check. (Don't quote me on this. Not a CPA)

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
yea, it was simple - one of the girls I went to high school with and was rather close to, she had twin girls in 2000. I sorta.. lived with them for like three years - I'd spend 2-4 nights per week there, and often cooked dinner, since among us I was not only most able to make home-meals, but I like to make sure my 'family' is eating well.

when she broke up with her boyfriend, who was not the girls' father, thank god - the father was violent!, I also had some things going on in my life, and we fell apart for a few years. one of her daughters, the one that made this survey, actually reached out to me and requested me on facebook, but it's her mother that I'm friends with. I've only visited her a few times since then, but I guess that happens as we age ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Michele

MastaCody

Reaction score
Not that it's any of my business but, can your wife turk? Even if she gets disability, usually, you are able to make another $100-200 before they start cutting into the disability check. (Don't quote me on this. Not a CPA)
I got her turking this week, but I can't really mentor her as much as I'd like so unless someone would take her under her wing, she's going to be earning slowly.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I got her turking this week, but I can't really mentor her as much as I'd like so unless someone would take her under her wing, she's going to be earning slowly.
We're all here. Slow is a good way to learn. Not everyone blasts through their 100 HITs probation as quickly as you. Let her learn slow, at her own pace, and check in in a week. See if she needs any pointers or, is good. I find, if you mentor people too much, they take too long to find a style that works for them.

Reactions: ducky

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Michele and Jharkan

MastaCody

Reaction score
We're all here. Slow is a good way to learn. Not everyone blasts through their 100 HITs probation as quickly as you. Let her learn slow, at her own pace, and check in in a week. See if she needs any pointers or, is good. I find, if you mentor people too much, they take too long to find a style that works for them.
Wish there was a chat room for this group :)

Tom81

Reaction score
So I did a bunch of Brian Z's today and I feel nervous about them since it was my first day doing them. I was wondering, does anyone know how long they take to approve or reject?

Reactions: <Gucci> and ducky

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Not even kidding, if I had a yard I would in a second, I love big dogs even though it costs way more to keep them. Good luck finding a home for the pupper though, people love puppies so hopefully someone will take him in.
awww, where r you located?
done

Reactions: Michele

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Watching Channel Zero: butcher's Block...whoaaaa man

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
So I did a bunch of Brian Z's today and I feel nervous about them since it was my first day doing them. I was wondering, does anyone know how long they take to approve or reject?
about 24 hours

Reactions: Tom81

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Did some of these yesterday.

Title: Fact check | AcceptA
Requester: Yazan Sinan [A5PFZLBCHSA9X] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.53
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Given a claim and a source, determine if you think the source proves the claim
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Every time I get the idea to make the daily thread, I'm always too late.. any chance I could get next Monday's if I'm up that late? If not, fine with me.

Reactions: aveline and Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.