03/18 - Silly Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've seen it in like 4 or 5 scripted shows.
If you look at the history of the word, it's a lot older than you think. :)

Reactions: Peachy

Nuramazing

Contributor
Reaction score
modoka majica lol...

this past summer, my ex's friend hosted a large event for autistic kids. charity money raiser and all - she runs a 3c, which my ex showed her how to set up : pride :

my ex couldn't make it, so I picked up my daughter, and my kid's sister (was 3 at the time) and went there with them.

there were several tents there for small events, and one of them was face painting.
while getting her face painted, my kid was talking about the anime shows she likes to watch (chief among them was 'fairy tail')
and the girl painting her face says "oh, did you like Puella Magi Madoka Magica?"

so i covered my kid's ears and said she's not allowed to watch that kind of stuff
the face painter was clearly perplexed, so I said "aha... you haven't seen past episode 2... have you?"

she admitted that she hadn't, and followed up by saying she's been recommending that show to toddlers and young girls because of how girly the show seemed to be...

so I took a breath

and I said.. you should probably watch episode3, and maybe 4
Honestly iirc even the first two episodes have like guns and stuff :ROFL:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
makes me happy
Also wokeness has a very old origin. :

It turns out that wokeness is a very old word in our language, the earliest written documentation dating from around the year 1000 (the Oxford English Dictionary cites the Homilies of Ælfric).
The medieval usage wokeness (also spelled wacnys or wacnysse) is akin to our modern weakness, and means either debility or inferiority.
We seem to have stopped talking about our bodily wokeness/wakenes sometime in the 16th century.

The modern, urgent use of wokeness turns the original usage on its head. Not weakness but the strength that comes from awareness, not intrinsic inferiority but maybe the humility that derives from knowing how privilege and prejudice have benefited those of us who have benefited, and how the same privilege and prejudice have damaged or destroyed others.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly iirc even the first two episodes have like guns and stuff :ROFL:
yea, but the head getting bitten off and the show actually getting to the point didn't happen til like episode 3

up to that point, it was girly high school stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuramazing

charlie

Reaction score
another damned explosion in Austin. i hope they find whomever the hell is responsible. ugh.

Zenophanes

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
modoka majica lol...

this past summer, my ex's friend hosted a large event for autistic kids. charity money raiser and all - she runs a 3c, which my ex showed her how to set up : pride :

my ex couldn't make it, so I picked up my daughter, and my kid's sister (was 3 at the time) and went there with them.

there were several tents there for small events, and one of them was face painting.
while getting her face painted, my kid was talking about the anime shows she likes to watch (chief among them was 'fairy tail')
and the girl painting her face says "oh, did you like Puella Magi Madoka Magica?"

so i covered my kid's ears and said she's not allowed to watch that kind of stuff
the face painter was clearly perplexed, so I said "aha... you haven't seen past episode 2... have you?"

she admitted that she hadn't, and followed up by saying she's been recommending that show to toddlers and young girls because of how girly the show seemed to be...

so I took a breath

and I said.. you should probably watch episode3, and maybe 4
XD

Shame that animation is so often equated with kid friendlyness in western culture still...but just the fact that it was so casually brought up in conversation like that shows that it's come a long way since the early days.

Also, I do quite like me some Yuki Kajiura (the composer who formed Kalafina). Her and Sawano are hard to top for me.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
micky @micky I came across this the other day at Costco. Isn't it pretty? I wanted to buy it just to drink its contents and keep the bottle as a souvenir. And then do that with about 10 other bottles.

Those are pretty nice. I think a shelf with at least 10 bottles lined up would make for excellent decor, so get to drinking, you’ve got work to do!

Reactions: Pleco

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
XD

Shame that animation is so often equated with kid friendlyness in western culture still...but just the fact that it was so casually brought up in conversation like that shows that it's come a long way since the early days.

Also, I do quite like me some Yuki Kajiura (the composer who formed Kalafina). Her and Sawano are hard to top for me.
the girl that mentioned it said she watched anime, but the show was too girly for her, which is why she stopped during episode two.
I feel like yuki kajiura is some kind of dictator over kalafina

she brought them together, as wakana and keiko were part of her singing troupe before kalafina came about.
she then judged some 1000 contestants to get the fourth part in the group, which hikaru masai won

the other member I haven't named quit soon after

then in an interview with Yuri, they presented a scene recorded of the three kalafinians, which looked scripted, and they thanked her and bowed and hoped for more songs; despite that all of their songs are written by her.

all concerts since then (including last years 9+1) used the same band as Yuri had used before kalafina came together

lastly, if you look at their own web page (blog - https://lineblog.me/kalafina ), each of the girls' pages appears to be fake, adopting personalities that are more equivalent to their ages than their personalities.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Rob J. Caskey for work related to 3VADEH0UHCL9YQ5J3AYEW98VKOBSPO.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
thanks for the bug report

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Woo, first time hitting minimum goal on a Sunday in a looooonnnnggggg time.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Nuramazing @Nuramazing their acoustic songs are quite good too -
I can almost watch the entire thing despite my pain from music (hyperacusis)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: response time qual | AcceptA
Requester: Rob J. Caskey [A1SCTDUMNDREZ7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 2 minutes
Available: 1
Description: respond as fast as you can with your favorite color
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
qual

Reactions: Peachy and Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short Academic Survey(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Anne Wilson [A194WCO8PS67EO] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $9.52] [Pay: 3.44] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.53] [Fast: 4.67] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 20] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $6.26] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.15
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 45
Description: In this survey, you will be asked to imagine a hypothetical scenario and answer questions as though you experienced it. This survey takes about 1 - 2 minutes and you will be paid $0.15 for your time.
Requirements: Exc: [2552984-79246] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.