03/18 - Silly Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight

Reaction score
What's the cap on zoltars now? It was 200 before but I'm still going tonight. I guess they changed it?

gloves

Reaction score
I just did 226. I've been wondering this too, because I think yesterday I had a good 300+
sometimes it's not 200, i capped at like 292 tonight

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Zs on ham but only getting a few :<

Knight

Reaction score
Made it to 254, all gone now.

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
Woke up too late :/

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
So, I hope y'all will still love me if I get all rolly-polly. The store across the way is having a sale, until June, buy a 20oz coffee and get a free banana, or cake. How much, is too much cake? See, I drink a lot of 20oz coffees anyway. These cakes only have 670 calories. That's good, right? Carrot cake, now, can I count that as a veg? All the rhetorical questions.

All in favour, say, "Aye." :D

EDIT Also, I've not chosen banana once.
DBL EDIT Who the hell chooses banana?
Why not just brew your own...

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
For some reason my brewed coffee never tastes the same as DD or starbucks coffee.
Lemme preface this with --I am a coffee snob-- but a decent coffee maker and/or decent beans w/ your own grinder will taste waaaaaaay better than either DD or Starbucks. Even a grocery store whole bean ground right before you brew will make a HUGE difference. Plus there is a whole world of beans to try (at least before climate change accelerates and makes it all way more expensive).

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-Electric-Settings-IDS77-RB/dp/B000BRLXUI - I've had an older model of this grinder for 10 years now
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7VIDWY - recommended by Wirecutter. Makes a GREAT cup of coffee. Carafe has a design flaw tho.
I currently buy Mexican coffee beans but have been meaning to go back to Ethiopian origin beans again.

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good morning!

jklmnop @jklmnop I'm a mild coffee snob and I do what you said except I use an aeropress with a metal filter. I used to grind the beans by hand and did pour-over and weighed everything every morning but it took too long - and the aeopress gives really good results without weighing things out. I like how small it is + no electricity. We're going to my parents for 10 days for Easter and they don't drink coffee so I'll be tossing the aeropress into the suitcase and mailing them some Jim's and I'll be all set with way-better-than-convenience-store coffee.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Good morning!

jklmnop @jklmnop I'm a mild coffee snob and I do what you said except I use an aeropress with a metal filter. I used to grind the beans by hand and did pour-over and weighed everything every morning but it took too long - and the aeopress gives really good results without weighing things out. I like how small it is + no electricity. We're going to my parents for 10 days for Easter and they don't drink coffee so I'll be tossing the aeropress into the suitcase and mailing them some Jim's and I'll be all set with way-better-than-convenience-store coffee.
Oooh I've always wanted to try an Aeropress but never got around to it! They have such a good rep. Used a french press for years when I lived on my own but the 12-cup is way more convenient now.

:coffee4:

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee you ever think about having your own line of high quality, loose-leaf teas called It's Amy's Tea and then having a website online that sells the tea, and when you go check out, your total says It's Amy's Fee. Ever think about that?

jan

Reaction score
Lemme preface this with --I am a coffee snob-- but a decent coffee maker and/or decent beans w/ your own grinder will taste waaaaaaay better than either DD or Starbucks. Even a grocery store whole bean ground right before you brew will make a HUGE difference. Plus there is a whole world of beans to try (at least before climate change accelerates and makes it all way more expensive).

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-Electric-Settings-IDS77-RB/dp/B000BRLXUI - I've had an older model of this grinder for 10 years now
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7VIDWY - recommended by Wirecutter. Makes a GREAT cup of coffee. Carafe has a design flaw tho.
I currently buy Mexican coffee beans but have been meaning to go back to Ethiopian origin beans again.
My understanding is that dark roasts are actually safer (lower acrylamide levels). I've been meaning to talk to our coop about this (I'm looking for better labels on their coffee).

Status
Not open for further replies.