03/16 - Friday, National Panda Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
In the video, they speak of a culture that never really "sleeps." They just take 20 minute naps leaning against a tree, and they believe that sleeping takes something away from who they truly are. (just paraphrasing, don't quote me, watch the video.) Maybe for some this is just more natural.
Watching it now :)

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
In the video, they speak of a culture that never really "sleeps." They just take 20 minute naps leaning against a tree, and they believe that sleeping takes something away from who they truly are. (just paraphrasing, don't quote me, watch the video.) Maybe for some this is just more natural.
I never sleep lol but I can’t exactly say I’m fine
:gucci:

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Something worth noting, and I edited my OP as such...From the wiki link about polyphasic sleep - "...researchers such as Piotr Woźniak warn that such forms of sleep deprivation are not healthy.[3] While many claim that polyphasic sleep was widely used by some polymaths and prominent people such as Leonardo da Vinci, Napoleon, and Nikola Tesla, there are few reliable sources supporting that view."

Obviously, as with anything, take what you get online with a grain of salt. Just sharing this all because it is intriguing, and I figured others here would find it to be as well!

I never sleep lol but I can’t exactly say I’m fine
:gucci:
Wait...Doesn't :gucci: = fine?

Reactions: <Gucci>

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Something worth noting, and I edited my OP as such...From the wiki link about polyphasic sleep - "...researchers such as Piotr Woźniak warn that such forms of sleep deprivation are not healthy.[3] While many claim that polyphasic sleep was widely used by some polymaths and prominent people such as Leonardo da Vinci, Napoleon, and Nikola Tesla, there are few reliable sources supporting that view."

Obviously, as with anything, take what you get online with a grain of salt. Just sharing this all because it is intriguing, and I figured others here would find it to be as well!

Wait...Doesn't :gucci: = fine?
No, I found it interesting. I figure everyone is different in what they require. Even before my husband needed a heart transplant, he needed about 10 hours a day, today he has been in bed since 11pm last night, but he's ill now. I would be a nightmare if I slept 8 or ten hours, and grouchy.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
No, I found it interesting. I figure everyone is different in what they require. Even before my husband needed a heart transplant, he needed about 10 hours a day, today he has been in bed since 11pm last night, but he's ill now. I would be a nightmare if I slept 8 or ten hours, and grouchy.
Same here. Everyone really can't conform to the same everything. That just doesn't make sense to me. If we all like different foods, tv shows, romantic partners, etc, why not different sleep schedules?

This wiki has been providing a lot more information on both sides of things. I'll be going on to the sources when I get through with the Wiki, and then just stumbling around the web gathering what I can. This seems very neat!

Last edited:

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Same here. Everyone really can't conform to the same everything. That just doesn't make sense to me. If we all like different foods, tv shows, romantic partners, etc, why not different sleep schedules?

This wiki has been providing a lot more information on both sides of things. I'll be going on to the sources when I get through with the Wiki, and then just stumbling around the web gathering what I can. This seems very neat!
Sounds like something I will look into more as well. I think I started down this path because I was a bartender for years after leaving home. When I did some research on sleep several years ago I came across an article that stated that teens should go to school in the afternoon through evening times. That they are biologically built to be up all night and sleep early morning til afternoon. The reason is because during tribal times, those who were approx. 13-19 were most likely the ones who were awake and guarding the "village" being the most physically fit and alert and night being the most dangerous time of day.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Guess the market price that experts might have give to these paintings for their current auctions. | Accept
Requester: Marwa [A4SYLKUEJX1CR] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.81] [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $11.27] [Pen: ---] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 15 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Evaluate the rough market price of paintings and tell us about your confidence about it.
Requirements: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sweet, apparently I have a $5 followup survey from something I did in December. No e-mail though :cautious:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Map task | Accept
Requester: lace [A7F4V5SW5MMJU] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.10] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $7.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Description: Make judgments about elements in a map. Average time 35-40 mins.
Requirements: Masters Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
accurate time estimate

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
40 minutes left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 5-minute survey for $1.25 | Accept
Requester: ECONRESEARCH [A394G6KNFKXK27] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $34.62] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.25
Duration: 3 hours
Description: We are looking for participants to complete a short economics survey, which will likely take less than 5 minutes to complete, in exchange for a reimbursement of $1.25
Requirements: First DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 5-minute survey for $1.25 | Accept
Requester: ECONRESEARCH [A394G6KNFKXK27] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $34.62] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.25
Duration: 3 hours
Description: We are looking for participants to complete a short economics survey, which will likely take less than 5 minutes to complete, in exchange for a reimbursement of $1.25
Requirements: First DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.