03/12 - Thievish Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
A nice long survey to start the day....this may be an ominous omen. It's the forever survey. Like eating octopus. No matter how long you chew, it's still there. All bubbles of the usual kind. People are complaining it's too long. They're right, but It's still not that bad. The survey percentage runs down suddenly, though...and mine wasn't broken, either.
HIT Time: was about 50 min, it just felt like more.

Title: Personality and Emotional Competence | PANDA
Requester: Emanuel Jauk & Johannes Ehrenthal [AX0J2YD26TJNN] (Req TV): $7.89/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Psychological survey on different aspects of personality. Approximate duration 30-45 minutes.
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: HelloHello

jijab

Reaction score
Good morning!

Ready to provide today's thoughts on the coronavirus?
I just sent my three kids off to school with reminders to not touch their faces even though I know very well they're going to anyway. My hands are bleeding from washing them so much and I wish I could just lock my whole family in the house. My already bad anxiety has escalated to new heights and my husband tells me I should "just relax". And yes I realize I tend to freak out and go overboard, but that's just me, I can't help it. My brain was not built for a pandemic. ?

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just sent my three kids off to school with reminders to not touch their faces even though I know very well they're going to anyway. My hands are bleeding from washing them so much and I wish I could just lock my whole family in the house. My already bad anxiety has escalated to new heights and my husband tells me I should "just relax". And yes I realize I tend to freak out and go overboard, but that's just me, I can't help it. My brain was not built for a pandemic. ?
I'm shocked my anxiety isn't worried about everything going on. It just worries about everything else, lol. It's hard to relax though when your anxiety is going 90 to nothin'. Hopefully we won't have to deal with this stuff for long. Warmer weather is coming and maybe that'll knock it out!

Reactions: jijab

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good morning!

Ready to provide today's thoughts on the coronavirus?
I just got an email from a teacher pleading for Clorox Wipes, but shelves are bare. We haven't even had a confirmed case in our county yet.

Reactions: HelloHello

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
all my local universities and schools have decided to go virtual only after spring break.

my friend and i just decided to defer our half marathon entry to next year. 10,000 people in once space from every state in the US. She works with a vulnerable population as a geriatrics home care physical therapist, and I get sick, very easily, and very sick, so she doesn't want me around all these people. I'm not stocking up on all the TP, but maybe large crowds are not the best idea at the moment.

cassius

Reaction score
I just got an email from a teacher pleading for Clorox Wipes, but shelves are bare. We haven't even had a confirmed case in our county yet.
get her a bottle of clorox and paper towels. Aldi's was well stocked over the weekend. Of course, it is Thursday.

Reactions: scrmcasey

jan

Reaction score
My daughter's school was like, there are only 2 cases statewide, they are being monitored, and they are far away.

That is not a reliable or valid number. Just flat out. Moreover, to KNOW that it's contained, you'd need to do widespread sampling. (anyway, I don't want to get into the science of it - just that only 2 is a BS number).

Pshan

Reaction score
I understand the worries some of you have. I however only have one person in my household who goes out into the world on a regular basis. Thank goodness he is young, healthy and very clean. I live in a rural area and my husband and I usually only leave our fortress two to three times a month. This gives me the luxury of being able to sit back and watch for this coronavirus to blow over and the next crisis to drop.

jijab

Reaction score
My daughter's school was like, there are only 2 cases statewide, they are being monitored, and they are far away.

That is not a reliable or valid number. Just flat out. Moreover, to KNOW that it's contained, you'd need to do widespread sampling. (anyway, I don't want to get into the science of it - just that only 2 is a BS number).
Yes we have 5 confirmed here, but of course there are more. I just think if we do something now to get ahead of it we'd have so much more success than waiting until the cases are widespread, which is inevitable. I've already made the decision that if at any point I feel they are too at risk I will keep them home from school.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes we have 5 confirmed here, but of course there are more. I just think if we do something now to get ahead of it we'd have so much more success than waiting until the cases are widespread, which is inevitable. I've already made the decision that if at any point I feel they are too at risk I will keep them home from school.
We have 10 here. I am so glad my kids are on Spring Break next week. I just want them away from everything.

jan

Reaction score
I told my daughter she'd likely not go to school next week. For sure we won't be going to fundraiser BINGO and a school party next week (seriously, they were saying everyone should come!).

Nope

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to break up Virus talk, but:

Title: Game Design Effects | Accept
Requester: Regan Mandryk [AEOONULLODQWX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.69] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.38] [Fast=4.69] [Comm=4.70] [Fair=4.94] [Reviews=111] [ToS=4]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 12.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: In this study you will be asked play 2 sessions of a computer game, and complete accompanying surveys asking you some questions about your well-being and personality. Total time ~45 to 60 minutes, $12.
Qualifications: Feb 2020 Study Participation DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.