03/07 - Woke Wednesday!

Correct pronunciation of gif?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
I have never heard of schools charging for riding the bus either. However mine do not ride the bus because the bus system is overloaded. I live 10 minutes from the school and the bus picks up from my street at 6:30 am and drops off at 4pm. The school day for elementary is 8-2:30.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have never heard of schools charging for riding the bus either. However mine do not ride the bus because the bus system is overloaded. I live 10 minutes from the school and the bus picks up from my street at 6:30 am and drops off at 4pm. The school day for elementary is 8-2:30.
yeah, riding the bus sucked. I lived 30 minutes from the school and the bus ride took 1.5-2 hours both ways.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
that extra three hours of peace sounds good

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
A modest goal of $100/week for all sites combined. It's not ambitious but it is a benchmark that allows me to pay all bills for the month and have time to dedicate to my jewelry store and family.
What all sites are you on? My weekly goal is $100 through mturk itself.
I keep forgetting about the others. I need to look at prolific and testable minds or whatever when mturk is slow.

Reactions: sofaslug

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
holy crap, I didn't know public schools charged for school buses. that's crazy! the local preschool recently said that starting this fall, they aren't going to do a middle of the day run, meaning morning kids have to be picked up and afternoon kids have to be dropped off. Kiddo is supposed to start preschool in november so I have no clue what I'm going to do, since I don't have a car. :(
It will depend on your school. The town we lived in before this one (in Massachusetts) charged. The town we live in now, doesn't charge. It's like 4 towns over from the other. Our town charged for buses a few years ago, before we lived here but nixed it after a year or two.

I'd talk to the school about transportation. Here, kids who receive any kind of special services from the school get free transportation.

Waaaiiiit a minute. The public schools are charging for the bus?!!!!!!!
They are here. My kids have only ever gone to public schools. I had never heard of charging for public school buses until we moved back up north. But both the towns we have lived in up here do NOT have their own buses, they use a company that supplies buses to many different areas.

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Buses here don't charge either, but I live outside the district, so I truck the older two to the high school, then run over to the community stop for my elementary kid. After school the older two walk a few blocks to the library, then I pick them up when the elementary bus comes after school. It's not ideal, but I'm not fond of the district I actually live in, so I spend a lot of time in my car.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
It will depend on your school. The town we lived in before this one (in Massachusetts) charged. The town we live in now, doesn't charge. It's like 4 towns over from the other. Our town charged for buses a few years ago, before we lived here but nixed it after a year or two.

I'd talk to the school about transportation. Here, kids who receive any kind of special services from the school get free transportation.

They are here. My kids have only ever gone to public schools. I had never heard of charging for public school buses until we moved back up north. But both the towns we have lived in up here do NOT have their own buses, they use a company that supplies buses to many different areas.
My kid would be DEVASTATED if she couldn't take the school bus. Thankfully I would be able to drive her to school but she has been looking forward to this for so long. I can squeeze out the $100ish registration fee and some back to school stuff but after paying for prek for awhile especially after that there's no bus $. I will ask when the guy from the district calls me about the active shooter plan.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If my son goes to school, I will probably take him. I don't trust a bus with his special needs.
Besides he's terrified of buses. He cries and runs away when one stops in the neighborhood.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
beats me, i barely caught anything at all last night
which, unless you're a fisherman, is usually a positive statement
you probably never have a chance to catch anything anyway.
it's okay.

Reactions: savvy

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
What all sites are you on? My weekly goal is $100 through mturk itself.
I keep forgetting about the others. I need to look at prolific and testable minds or whatever when mturk is slow.
prolific/testable/sticky (when they don't suck)

There is an art form to catching hits on Prolific and Testable. So far I have made about $15 this week on Prolific and $12.40 on Testable

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Finding actions in videos - should take around 5 minutes (only clicking, no text input) (may contain explicit videos) | Accept
Requester: Brian Z [A2XOUHD15RKQ1] Contact
TO: [Pay: 2.86] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 10 hours
Available: 14
Description: -
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.15
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
that extra three hours of peace sounds good
Some days it sure would, but I love the way it is. They play outside, do chores, I help with homework, we take afternoon walks, eat dinner together. Straight up Mayberry style:heart:

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.