03/04 - Why is it Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
You don't believe this is all fear mongering ? i believe so
I think it depends where you are. I'm in the country, so I won't encounter as many problems as someone who is headed into a city every day.

But it's more deadly than the flu. So, it's important to be cautious. My worry is always my daughter. At this point, I'm really her only family - so I need to make sure she's okay. She doesn't drive yet (for those that remember, her last foray used a snowbank instead of the break, lol). So I have to make sure she'll be provided for.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You should be happy it appears to be less deadly than influenza, you should be worried it's more contagious than influenza. We don't have a vaccine and 12.5% of our population is over 65 years old. I'm not worried about myself, but I am for my parents and neighbors.
You don't believe this is all fear mongering ? i believe so
I don't see it as fear mongering, but people are prob a little too upset in some areas. I AM stoked that folks are taking it seriously because when the big pandemic DOES come, it'd be just sweet if all the mistakes and nonsense that have been going on with this one are taken care of. Like a trial run!

My parents are both immune compromised and older (69, 78) so that's where my worry comes in. FIL is compromised, too.

Thems just my 2 cents.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
HIT Time: 1 min 31 sec

Title: Answer a survey about your preferences as a consumer | Accept
Requester: Marketing Research [A1PXQ94HLNIUKI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.36] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.64] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=16] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Give us your opinions on product and price promotion preferences
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
MY question is, and like I might just head on over and video tape it, what is the rotisserie chicken section going to look like in the coming days.
hard to imagine it is going to be any different. rotissiere birds are only good for a few days and preppers/end-of-worlders need something that keeps for years.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
HIT Time: 1 min 29 sec

Title: Consumer behavior study - 5 minutes(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Research Lab [AX1P7C9CDZMBQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.77] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.58] [Fast=4.79] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.82] [Reviews=50] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: Complete a survey on decision making - 5 minutes for $0.50

Reactions: Doom Kitten

LumosDC

Reaction score
You should be happy it appears to be less deadly than influenza, you should be worried it's more contagious than influenza. We don't have a vaccine and 12.5% of our population is over 65 years old. I'm not worried about myself, but I am for my parents and neighbors.
Even if you aren't over 65, if you have respiratory diseases (asthma, COPD, sleep apena, etc), diabetes, cancer, and/or undergoing immuno-suppressing treatment (like for cancer, organ/bone marrow transplants) increase risk from dying or having major side effects. Even just catching the another virus like a cold/flu at the same time raises the risk. A man in China who recovered from the coronavirus had to have a double-lung transplant due to the damage it caused.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
hard to imagine it is going to be any different. rotissiere birds are only good for a few days and preppers/end-of-worlders need something that keeps for years.

idk I strip the birds and make broth and keep all that stuff around and freeze parts. I know some rich ladies who feed their animals the rotisseries (I KNOW THAT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA, THEY DO NOT CARE)

That level of prepping is prob not what people are going to do (freezing bones, broth, etc) but idk. People are wild. I'm still going to see if the chicken ladies are throwing hands though.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
if you have been working on this series, march is available now.

Title: Presidential Election Panel Study | Accept
Requester: Ben Kantack [A2FDD2PE5YBB0G] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.08] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.36] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=13] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.30
Available: 289
Description: Answer survey questions related to the 2020 presidential primaries and general election.
Qualifications: PEPS-1 DoesNotExist ; PEPS-2 Exists

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score

idk I strip the birds and make broth and keep all that stuff around and freeze parts.
hahahahahahaha. look at the items reported as being stocked out or in shorter supply and they are long shelf life items.

people may freeze bird parts, but that is only good as long as you have mains or a genny to keep the freezer going and even those parts might be iffy food-safety wise after a couple of years of defrost cycles.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
hahahahahahaha. look at the items reported as being stocked out or in shorter supply and they are long shelf like items.

people may freeze bird parts, but that is only good as long as you have mains or a genny to keep the freezer going and even those parts might be iffy food-safety wise after a couple of years of defrost cycles.
Oh man is the Corona going to take away our electricity though? I'm not thinking that far in. I'm thinking like "eh stuff will be hard for a few weeks/months"

Rotisserie ladies will be forced to keep chickens in their own yards and hound the folks at Costco for the seasoning recipe!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
If coronavirus or other things cause me to have to rely on self for years, I am ready to just cash in. I am not meant to live in a world like that. Sayonara y'all!
Coronavirus doesn't scare me. Death will happen someday. Sucks if it's early, but I can't be fearful of everything. I mean, I'm not going around licking doorknobs in public or anything, but I'm going to continue as is.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
HIT Time: 1 min 27 sec

Title: Survey on Clothing Choices and Decision Making | 5 mins 0.60 USD(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sauder Research [A2XMDKCW9TNM6T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.31] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.96] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=4.67] [Fair=4.95] [Reviews=124] [ToS=4]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 25:00
Description: You will be shown information about different articles of clothing from 1 or more brands and will then answer some questions about your preferences and your thoughts about the articles of clothing and the brands, and some demographic questions.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

idk I strip the birds and make broth and keep all that stuff around and freeze parts. I know some rich ladies who feed their animals the rotisseries (I KNOW THAT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA, THEY DO NOT CARE)

That level of prepping is prob not what people are going to do (freezing bones, broth, etc) but idk. People are wild. I'm still going to see if the chicken ladies are throwing hands though.

feed their animals the rotisseries? (I just dont understand the sentence)

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
feed their animals the rotisseries? (I just dont understand the sentence)
Yep. I know of at least 3 older-ish rich-ish ladies who get rotisseries to break up and feed their pooches b/c that's "what the dogs like" I was like "but they're seasoned? Surely it's not healthy?" and was poo poo'd lol

Reactions: jan

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Yep. I know of at least 3 older-ish rich-ish ladies who get rotisseries to break up and feed their pooches b/c that's "what the dogs like" I was like "but they're seasoned? Surely it's not healthy?" and was poo poo'd lol

oh lol. my farm owner buys three a week (unseasoned ones) and it is supplemented and balanced (per vet) for her dogs diet lol.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man is the Corona going to take away our electricity though? I'm not thinking that far in. I'm thinking like "eh stuff will be hard for a few weeks/months"

Rotisserie ladies will be forced to keep chickens in their own yards and hound the folks at Costco for the seasoning recipe!
It's hard to imagine a scenario where we lose electricity that doesn't teeter on apocalypse. I'm guessing the worst case scenario is that (smart) people will have to self-quarantine for a couple weeks.

Though my worry is that people won't do that here in the DC area. This area is basically one big competition to see who will go to work sickest for no reason.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I think it depends where you are. I'm in the country, so I won't encounter as many problems as someone who is headed into a city every day.

But it's more deadly than the flu. So, it's important to be cautious. My worry is always my daughter. At this point, I'm really her only family - so I need to make sure she's okay. She doesn't drive yet (for those that remember, her last foray used a snowbank instead of the break, lol). So I have to make sure she'll be provided for.
Yes, apparently it is about 3 times deadlier than the flu - it is hard to get a number b/c it is so new and apparently a lot don't know they even have it (my gf is a pediatric anesthesiologist at Children's - believe me, it IS a big deal there)

LumosDC

Reaction score
I give my cat a bit of turkey lunchmeat or canned tuna about once a week or so, but that's it. She acts like she's dying or otherwise neglected to one degree or another bc she doesn't get it for every meal, but it doesn't work on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.