03/01 - Why is it Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Spicytacosaurus

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Omer Faruk Orsun for work related to 3EHIMLB7F7Y2NBXV3G533C35DJP8HW.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for your great work on my HIT!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
A special hello to those MTCers in the Land of 10,000 Lakes on this National Minnesota Day

Happy Meteorological Spring! Astronomical Spring is later this month.

National Sunkist® Citrus Day
National Dadgum That’s Good Day
National Fruit Compote Day
National Horse Protection Day
National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
National Pig Day mboone73 @mboone73
Self-Injury Awareness Day

jan

Reaction score
Title: 5 minute survey for $0.60(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: bbitterly@ust.hk [A3GPQEUS43MEDG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.53] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 21
Description: Please complete a 5 minute survey for $0.60.
Qualifications: Exc: [12954260-406948] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
can someone please tell me why my instructions say I must keep my now neutered cat away from my (still) unspayed female for 30 days?

(I thought once he was snipped, all would be fine - after he healed). I am going to schedule a surgery for her, too. But vets here are super backed up - frankly, it's lucky we have a vet (there are waiting lists for vets - some that won't even put you on the list it's so long).

cassius

Reaction score
can someone please tell me why my instructions say I must keep my now neutered cat away from my (still) unspayed female for 30 days?

(I thought once he was snipped, all would be fine - after he healed). I am going to schedule a surgery for her, too. But vets here are super backed up - frankly, it's lucky we have a vet (there are waiting lists for vets - some that won't even put you on the list it's so long).
well, maybe some left over testosterone?? maybe just following standard procedure which for a human male is:
Refrain from intercourse/ejaculation for one week. Ejaculation may cause some discomfort in the groin and testicles until the tissues heal. You may return to work and resume normal, non-strenuous activity in about two days or 48 hours.

seem to be enough trouble finding a vet. wouldn't want the little guy to rupture his stitches in his last throws of ectasy. ?? otherwise, i don't know. I kept the street cats inside for the night and released them in the morning to where i got them. that was the recomended procedure - even for the females, whose surgery was more invasive so they knew they had to be careful.

cassius

Reaction score
jan @jan https://www.millplainvet.com/site/blog/2022/02/28/male-cat-neutering-recovery-behavior#:~:text=It%20takes%20approximately%2024%20to,recover%20completely%20after%20being%20neutered.

the vet appears to be way overly cautious. maybe because it's so hard to get into a vet? have done lots of them with Cat Welfare in Columbus, ohio. never had a problem with any of them. and turned them back out after resting the night after the procedure. if you have a large community cat population, which you probably don't where you are, you might ask to get female ear tipped, if that doesn't bother you. there were cases in columbus that i heard about where people who let their kitties outside, though pampered and cared for by private vets, got picked up by do gooders looking for cats without the ear tip. Who then took them to Cat Welfare for spaying/neutering. at least that's what they thought happened because the cat would reappear again in a day or two. i had one tattoed instead of ear tipping and since most of the kitties were black, got it mixed up, and she went back to the vet. they didn't have to do her of course, after shaving and saw the tat.

no, i didn't "steal" people's pets. had enough in my own area to take care of and knew where they came from, the infamous colony.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: A decision-making task about 2min(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: ShanLin [A34I8B3NU1WES5]
TurkerView: [ $14.86 / hour ]
Description: survey
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 2
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications:
  • rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [13031214-406960] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3PCJO2UJZQO3GMHJWLYSK4084U9U5I]

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: a short survey about decisions (2 ~ 3 min)(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: ShanLin [A34I8B3NU1WES5]
TurkerView: [ $14.86 / hour ]
Description: This is a short survey about decisions (2 ~ 3 min)
Available: 1
Reward: $0.26
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [404349872-406945] DoesNotExist
  • rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
  • Location In US
[35MNBRJU9H133DGDK9NFDSS2CNQT70]

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Learn Mathetmatics Skills | PANDA
Requester: Professor Zachary Pardos, Ph.D. [A2DG2X23WV9C9M]
TurkerView: [ $63.97 / hour ]
Description: Help us evaluate the efficacy of different math tutoring styles by answering around 10 math questions with hints
Reward: $8.00
Qualifications:
  • US High School Graduate EqualTo 1
  • Masters Exists
[3GCOF3W24RE8DU3COD80LNFYC5O52R]
Masters. Took me around ~3 minutes.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Finally taking my car in today to get an estimate for the stolen catalytic converter. I had to drive my car 90 minutes round trip yesterday to go to the dentist. Sure was loud. Driving the city streets people were looking at my car. So embarrassing.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
HOTD. 8 bux for 4 and a half mins
Title: Learn Mathetmatics SkillsAccept
Requester: Professor Zachary Pardos, Ph.D. [A2DG2X23WV9C9M] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$72.58][Pay=Generous][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $8.00
Duration: 00:30:00
Description: Help us evaluate the efficacy of different math tutoring styles by answering around 10 math questions with hints
Qualifications: US High School Graduate EqualTo 1; Masters Exists

Status
Not open for further replies.