02/27 - Maladapted Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

jan

Reaction score
National Kahlua Day
National Polar Bear Day
National Retro Day
National Strawberry Day
Anosmia Awareness Day

national strawberry day?
(waiting for the snow to start.......again!)

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
national strawberry day?
(waiting for the snow to start.......again!)
i can only hope my strawberries look like the photo i found. i got the large green leaves after planting last summer, but very few berries and they were the size of marbles. it's my understanding the good berries show up in year 2 or 3.

gotta probably start watering strawberries and the young rhubarb plant but then again maybe they might not need to be woken up until it seems routine freezing nights are over.

jan

Reaction score
i can only hope my strawberries look like the photo i found. i got the large green leaves after planting last summer, but very few berries and they were the size of marbles. it's my understanding the good berries show up in year 2 or 3.

gotta probably start watering strawberries and the young rhubarb plant but then again maybe they might not need to be woken up until it seems routine freezing nights are over.
I am beside myself.......for the past few months I've been dealing with the new cats (one in heat, the other a boy........). He had the earliest appointment I could find last week (Thursday) which was cancelled due to snow.

His next appointment is tomorrow (we're getting 10 inches of snow. And the drive is - actually - not safe. Up and down a minor mountain - totally unsafe in snow - and well known for that). Sigh.

On a plants note, I do get strawberries in my front garden every year - and rhubarb out back. But for the most part, I don't tend to them at all. They kind of appear when they want :). I do add to the strawberry patch every other year or so, but they do well and get a lot of sun. I don't use the rhubarb - really. I should. I don't know what to do with it w/o sugar (and I don't use sugar, really, anymore).

jan

Reaction score
Title: Graphic Categorization in Banners | Accept
Requester: Adobe In [A299YBA8O738WS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.44] [Pay=Low] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.15
Duration: 15:00
Available: 2203
Description: Identify what category a text belongs to in a banner image
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I am beside myself.......for the past few months I've been dealing with the new cats (one in heat, the other a boy........). He had the earliest appointment I could find last week (Thursday) which was cancelled due to snow.

His next appointment is tomorrow (we're getting 10 inches of snow. And the drive is - actually - not safe. Up and down a minor mountain - totally unsafe in snow - and well known for that). Sigh.

On a plants note, I do get strawberries in my front garden every year - and rhubarb out back. But for the most part, I don't tend to them at all. They kind of appear when they want :). I do add to the strawberry patch every other year or so, but they do well and get a lot of sun. I don't use the rhubarb - really. I should. I don't know what to do with it w/o sugar (and I don't use sugar, really, anymore).
i'd call the vet the moment they open and see if you can reschedule and explain you are worried about the near foot of snow forecasted and the mountain travel (i'm sure they will know the mountain and how treacherous it can be in winter weather). i'd say resked it for the afternoon but you aren't here where snowfall overnight or in morning rush is usually slushy or wet streets by afternoon. :LOL:

wish my strawberry and rhubarb was as maintenance free as yours. i think the desert and dry is harsh on plants. i started rhubarb a few years ago, did nothing more regarding watering when fall came, did not water it when spring weather came and essentially killed it. That's why i want to water my newer rhubarb and strawberries as soon as practical so their thirst does not kill them.

and, yes, i'm the nut who likes rhubarb just cooked (no sugar necessary) or crans washed right out of the bag raw.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
i'd call the vet the moment they open and see if you can reschedule and explain you are worried about the near foot of snow forecasted and the mountain travel (i'm sure they will know the mountain and how treacherous it can be in winter weather). i'd say resked it for the afternoon but you aren't here where snowfall overnight or in morning rush is usually slushy or wet streets by afternoon. :LOL:

wish my strawberry and rhubarb was as maintenance free as yours. i think the desert and dry is harsh on plants. i started rhubarb a few years ago, did nothing more regarding watering when fall came, did not water it when spring weather came and essentially killed it. That's why i want to water my newer rhubarb and strawberries as soon as practical so their thirst does not kill them.

and, yes, i'm the nut who likes rhubarb just cooked (no sugar necessary) or crans washed right out of the bag raw.
It's out of my hands unless I schedule him at our local vet. The earliest appt was at the humane society (and for that, it was a 2 month wait - longer for girls). Our local vet would take him, but needs to do an intake (450.00) and THEN another wait for an actual surgical appointment - more $$$ (she did see the girl for the expensive intake - and then gave me a plastic pooper scooper, lol). The added + of the humane society was that it only costs 100. Total. And they'll do everything (shots, chip - everything).

They rescheduled last week - so it's up to them atm. I can cancel tomorrow am if it's terrible out there. Which I might have to.......

Last edited:

Dan 45

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
Does anybody know if Prolific cash outs are working with PayPal now? I haven't tried since I still see the message about issues with it on the site. Got my biggest balance that I am yet to cash out.

Reactions: NemoRolls

jan

Reaction score
Title: a short survey about decisions (2 ~ 3 min)(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ShanLin [A34I8B3NU1WES5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.88] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 30:00
Available: 15
Description: This is a short survey about decisions (3 ~ 4 min)
Qualifications: rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [407213-406624] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US

jenu

Reaction score
Can someone answer?
Many times, when I access a hit, I find it doubled or even tripled in "my queue"!
There are so many stupid things that I can't even count them

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
Can someone answer?
Many times, when I access a hit, I find it doubled or even tripled in "my queue"!
There are so many stupid things that I can't even count them
are you collecting it with panda crazy? there is an option to only pick it up once.

Reactions: jenu

jan

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.