02/26 - Satisfied Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Still pretty huge here - I see reports on Ring seemingly every day about somebody with a battery mini saw cutting out their converter in about 1 minute and taking off with it.
vermont doesn't have a law that could have someone arrested for going through someones car (so, if I see someone going through my car - looking for things to steal - and I call the cops - they can't get arrested).

You'd basically have to PROVE that they took something from your car - so catching someone in the act is no big deal. It's part of the old neighborly Vermont attitude (well, that's where it came from). If you happen to be going through my car, looking for 'things' - it must be that you mistook my subaru or prius for YOUR subaru or prius.

It means that petty crooks make the rounds nearly every night downtown. (Thankfully, I have a garage!)

HelloHello

Reaction score
Yeah, I drive a Prius, and apparently that is a good car for cat theft. I think I'm going to to get a clamp over my converter when car gets repaired if it's not too costly to try to make it harder for thieves. Now I'm afraid to go anywhere and leave my car. Even for two nights. I have parked in Glenview IL, Abut 7 miles from Ohare many many many times and never had any problems of theft with my car. The one time I change and park 2 miles from Ohare at Schiller Park, I get my cat stollen. Don't change what works I guess.
Wonder if there is a way of putting a chip on them kinda like the ones for pets, etc

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Wonder if there is a way of putting a chip on them kinda like the ones for pets, etc
the police south of us, have offered a voluntary program where they can get 'etched' with a serial number (so if they pull someone over at 3am - they could potentially link it to the victim).

Alas, in my town, we don't even have police coverage at 3am :(
(they can't hire enough police here......)

Reactions: HelloHello

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just got back from a wonderful two week vacation in Hawaii. Well, been back a week. LOL. Got back to get my car in Chicago near airport and my catalytic converter was stolen. Not a good way to end what was a great vacation. After a week of dealing with the insurance company finally going to take my car to the garage for an estimate tomorrow.
If you ever get the chance to go to Hawaii. Go. Most beautiful place I have ever seen aside from Paros Greece. We were on the island of Oahu. Once you get out of Waikiki it is so beautiful and that isn't even the most beautiful island on Hawaii. A trip to Pearl Harbor is just WOW. I never got to see the Arizona Memorial because it was so windy the boat to take you there didn't go out. But every thing else. Wow. When you see the original bullet holes in hanger 79 it just makes you kind of sad. We went and took a tour of Kahloa Ranch where a lot of movies and TV shows were filmed. I've been watching the new Hawaii Five O and it's fun when you see places that you've been to.

Planning another trip but this time to the island of Kauai. It's supposed to be very beautiful, without all the people and big city vibe like Honolulu.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

blackpupjean

Reaction score
vermont doesn't have a law that could have someone arrested for going through someones car (so, if I see someone going through my car - looking for things to steal - and I call the cops - they can't get arrested).

You'd basically have to PROVE that they took something from your car - so catching someone in the act is no big deal. It's part of the old neighborly Vermont attitude (well, that's where it came from). If you happen to be going through my car, looking for 'things' - it must be that you mistook my subaru or prius for YOUR subaru or prius.

It means that petty crooks make the rounds nearly every night downtown. (Thankfully, I have a garage!)
Wow, that's terrible. Even though I have insurance for theft it's still going to cost me $750 for my deductible. That's a huge amount of money I could use elsewhere. F$%^^^ing thieves. I hate them so much and only wish bad things for them.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
If you ever get the chance to go to Hawaii. Go. Most beautiful place I have ever seen aside from Paros Greece. We were on the island of Oahu. Once you get out of Waikiki it is so beautiful and that isn't even the most beautiful island on Hawaii. A trip to Pearl Harbor is just WOW. I never got to see the Arizona Memorial because it was so windy the boat to take you there didn't go out. But every thing else. Wow. When you see the original bullet holes in hanger 79 it just makes you kind of sad. We went and took a tour of Kahloa Ranch where a lot of movies and TV shows were filmed. I've been watching the new Hawaii Five O and it's fun when you see places that you've been to.

Planning another trip but this time to the island of Kauai. It's supposed to be very beautiful, without all the people and big city vibe like Honolulu.
I've never been, but want to go.

My gf and I own a sailboat - it's harbored in the Caribbean - the marina owner leases it out so we actually make some money on it - we go down there a few weeks a year and sail it ourselves. Thats the best vacay ever!

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Wow, that's terrible. Even though I have insurance for theft it's still going to cost me $750 for my deductible. That's a huge amount of money I could use elsewhere. F$%^^^ing thieves. I hate them so much and only wish bad things for them.
that royally sucks. Anthing we can do to help?

jenu

Reaction score
February 28 is coming.
Do you know anything about that controversial and mysterious message with DAC7?

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Computational Audition for work related to 379OL9DBSU2062DIP3M21GFITB7Y9U.
The value of your bonus is: $4.11 USD

The Requester included this note: Thank for participating! Here is your bonus. Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
_____
For this one: Non Masters HIT:

Title: Hear and sing to melodies (bonus up to 2.71 dollars for 18 min!). Headphones required! (dlgr-356b3a1f-9ba9-cc62)Accept
Requester: Computational Audition [AIOOK9HZ16SLH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.96][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.17][Fast=4.65][Comm=3.71][Fair=4.72][Reviews=27][ToS=1]
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 02:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Headphones are required. You will hear short melodies and asked to sing them back. The bonus for the full task (18 min) 2.71 dollars
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; cap-usr-list DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jenu

jenu

Reaction score

You've received a bonus from Computational Audition for work related to 379OL9DBSU2062DIP3M21GFITB7Y9U.

The Requester included this note: Thank for participating! Here is your bonus. Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
_____

Title: Hear and sing to melodies (bonus up to 2.71 dollars for 18 min!). Headphones required! (dlgr-356b3a1f-9ba9-cc62)Accept
Description: Headphones are required. You will hear short melodies and asked to sing them back. The bonus for the full task (18 min) 2.71 dollars
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; cap-usr-list DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
But did you manage to do 34MKS4VTU180GTWW0ZGVSPDVLOU2J0 as well?

jan

Reaction score
February 28 is coming.
Do you know anything about that controversial and mysterious message with DAC7?
my message disappeared, so. I'm hopeful all is well.....

Spicytacosaurus

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just got back from a wonderful two week vacation in Hawaii. Well, been back a week. LOL. Got back to get my car in Chicago near airport and my catalytic converter was stolen. Not a good way to end what was a great vacation. After a week of dealing with the insurance company finally going to take my car to the garage for an estimate tomorrow.
man that sucks. theres a big problem here in southern cali with people stealing them too. and they are NOT cheap in cali, especially if you have more than one on your car. like into the thousands of dollars or more and thats just for the part. cali requires special emissions cats, and if you try putting regular ones on, they can fail you for the emissions test.
the state needs to start going after the chopshops, junkyards, and scrap places buying the stolen cats, there wouldnt be a market for them.

HelloHello

Reaction score

_____

$4.11 here

Reactions: Concise and Blakkat

Spicytacosaurus

Reaction score

The Requester included this note:
Thank for participating! Here is your bonus.

gotta love how they pay immediately :)

Status
Not open for further replies.