02/25 - Scrumptious Cumin Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like your in LA too ( or did we establish this already? ) lol my mind is mush
No, I am in KC, Missouri but lived for years when I younger in New Orleans in my early 20's. We just have a great City Market with wonderful variety of foods.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
So, before I left FL I had my car serviced and it took forever (horrible -we waited 3 weeks). They put in a part that was under warranty (would have cost 3,000) and another major part that was not under warranty (also cost a lot, and I paid :( ). The car had similar symptoms so I brought it to a dealership up here. They removed both parts. The first part FL put in was the wrong part.
The second part they broken as they put it in.
So, wow. :frustrated:
:( Damn that blows. Usually dealerships get it right but they make mistakes too. Hope those don't cost you anything to replace since the mistake was on them.

PS. $3000 part ? what did they replace? tranny / motor ?

jan

Reaction score
:( Damn that blows. Usually dealerships get it right but they make mistakes too. Hope those don't cost you anything to replace since the mistake was on them.

PS. $3000 part ? what did they replace? tranny / motor ?
the brake actuator. the not-so-funny thing is they made me wait an additional week for that fix because at the very end (when I went to go pick up the car), they told me that they ordered the wrong part. So, they reordered it.
I don't have to pay for that. The other thing they broke makes a noise, but shouldn't impair functionality. They want me to front the bill and they'll reimburse me (but they told the dealership up here). I don't trust them, obviously, so I want to hear that directly from them before I approve the fix. I can't believe it - I mean, they did everything wrong.................

Reactions: Drwho10

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone make my husband go to bed. He is standing in front of me and keeps casting his fishing pole across the room....ugh
hahahaah thats great

Reactions: Liz

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
There's enough for me to cap on ezpz so i'm not sweating. How's it looking for you Peachy @PeachyRider ?
i need to push the throttle a little bit, but i shouldn't have much of a problem. i'll probably leave a couple hundred hits empty in case something pops up later. how far along are you?

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
the brake actuator. the not-so-funny thing is they made me wait an additional week for that fix because at the very end (when I went to go pick up the car), they told me that they ordered the wrong part. So, they reordered it.
I don't have to pay for that. The other thing they broke makes a noise, but shouldn't impair functionality. They want me to front the bill and they'll reimburse me (but they told the dealership up here). I don't trust them, obviously, so I want to hear that directly from them before I approve the fix. I can't believe it - I mean, they did everything wrong.................
oh damn. I haven't owned a car that had a brake actuator before. Sounds like some brake by wire system. Let me guess your car is a prius or some hybrid toyota / lexus ?
Yeah you should definitely wait for confirmation. My friend had a hell of a time with a faulty transmission in his jeep and going to the dealership for repairs. He had to go like 5 times. It was all under warranty but a huge pain

Reactions: jan

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
i need to push the throttle a little bit, but i shouldn't have much of a problem. i'll probably leave a couple hundred hits empty in case something pops up later. how far along are you?
I'm at 3k been coasting. I'll probably stop at 3400 to leave room. I maxed and relaxed last night too

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm at 3k been coasting. I'll probably stop at 3400 to leave room. I maxed and relaxed last night too
The closest I've ever come to maxing was like 730 HITS and that was with Customer Interests

Reactions: Liz and Drwho10

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I think there was a night where there was a huge amount of CI's I feel like I double capped on them before
Awesome! I'm working on cooking breakfast, getting ready for soccer and this research tasks batch

jan

Reaction score
oh damn. I haven't owned a car that had a brake actuator before. Sounds like some brake by wire system. Let me guess your car is a prius or some hybrid toyota / lexus ?
Yeah you should definitely wait for confirmation. My friend had a hell of a time with a faulty transmission in his jeep and going to the dealership for repairs. He had to go like 5 times. It was all under warranty but a huge pain
prius.
I really like the battery, but I'm driving a four wheel drive right now (jeep, they gave me a rental free :), and i LOVE it. It feels so much safer. Bring on the snow!

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
prius.
I really like the battery, but I'm driving a four wheel drive right now (jeep, they gave me a rental free :), and i LOVE it. It feels so much safer. Bring on the snow!
If you're in an area with snow I highly recommend subaru's they pretty much all have standard awd. plenty of power and reliable. Leave that prius for spring/ summer driving . More reliable than jeeps too :p

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.