02/24 - Flying Titmouse Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandyriver

Reaction score
This just started happening to me too. I guess mTruk is borked this morning?
i just sent an email to mturk contact and come back to log in and viola it does now.
Glad to know I was not alone with this problem

Reactions: jan

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
intermittent fasting did wonders for me. i lost 3 belt sizes before even going back to the gym.
It might not work for everyone but I enjoy it. It honestly helps me stick to a set plan since I can still eat my calories without feeling like death most of the day when i want to reduce my body fat. I'll stop eating at like 5-6pm then most of my fasting happens over night while i sleep when its easy. I like working out on an empty stomach too.

charlie

Reaction score
My husband is doing this now! He's lost like 10lbs in a couple weeks. He just eats once a day at dinner. I would totally die if I tried to do that :burrito::cupcake::pizza::quiche::stew::spaghetti:
i need to get back to doing that. used to just have a protein shake and coffee in the morning then dinner and that was about it. i run 3 times per week and that has helped keep weight down some but working from home makes it too easy to snack.

Reactions: Drwho10 and ducky

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
It might not work for everyone but I enjoy it. It honestly helps me stick to a set plan since I can still eat my calories without feeling like death most of the day when i want to reduce my body fat. I'll stop eating at like 5-6pm then most of my fasting happens over night while i sleep when its easy. I like working out on an empty stomach too.
Similar situation for me. I eat as little sugar as possible (mostly from fruit), low carbs, and LOTS of healthy fat. I don't eat breakfast at all and do high intensity kettle bell workouts every morning. I started it years ago to help combat anxiety after a death in the family and the trend continued. I'm in much better shape now, physically and mentally.

Xandro

Reaction score
It's actually the opposite. Intermittent fasting forces your body to burn fat and use it for fuel, which is much healthier than running on glucose (carbs and sugar) that most people base their diet on.
I like fasting from time to time. There's pretty good research on it, too :).
I'm usually like the local drug dealer when it comes to gettin people hooked on things i like. I got about 4 people on intermittent fasting after telling them i lost 3 belt sizes. i wake up about 5pm, first meal is at 12am and last meal is about 4 - 5am.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Reactions: TQueen

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
It's actually the opposite. Intermittent fasting forces your body to burn fat and use it for fuel, which is much healthier than running on glucose (carbs and sugar) that most people base their diet on.
yeah a lot of people think it'll screw up the metabolism and end up burning muscle instead but nah your body will go for the fat reserves first its easier. Another reason why i like it when i break my fast with a protein shake that insulin spike is really good for sending nutrients straight to the muscle. Its going to happen to anyway in the morning if you're not fasting just 'cause of the heightened cortisol levels in the morning so I might as well take advantage of it

P L A Y E R 9 1

Don't Mind The Salt!
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: MirrorMan
Status
Not open for further replies.