02/22 - Siamese Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Another turker holiday on the National Calendar... National Margarita Day.

National California Day - may our Golden State MTC'ers enjoy a fire, flood, and earthquake free day.

National Cook a Sweet Potato Day

not on the calendar but should be.... the launch of Marquee Sports Network, the new 24/7 home of the Chicago Cubs, partially owned by the club. Cubs game might be a washout so stay tuned if they can get a live Cubs game on launch day.

turker sized margarita:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Record yourself completing memory and picture description tasks. | Accept
Requester: SLS10 [A3D9JBWTGAHF0H] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Submit audio recordings of yourself describing images and recalling details from audio clips. This assignment will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: [20 Minute Test] [Mobile Android Only] Video Quality Test | Accept
Requester: Ma Study [A1075SN9WRZR1R] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1509
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
has anyone been able to do this? i was DQ'ed as my screen resolution didn't meet the minimum resolution of their HIT and i doubt i'd be able to get a higher res as i hope the android os is using the max res possible on my galaxy s4.

• Thinking
Reactions: JanetW and jan

jan

Reaction score

National California Day - may our Golden State MTC'ers enjoy a fire, flood, and earthquake free day.

not on the calendar but should be.... the launch of Marquee Sports Network, the new 24/7 home of the Chicago Cubs, partially owned by the club. Cubs game might be a washout so stay tuned if they can get a live Cubs game on launch day.

turker sized margarita:
Sweet Potato
was the thing that you HAD to eat if you sat next to my Father at the Thanksgiving Dinner at my grandparents.

Otherwise, you could quietly push it into your napkin on you lap - and throw it out when you were clearing the table :wink:

(still can't eat it at all. yuck)

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 10 minutes
Title: 12-minute survey about your experiences online | Accept
Requester: Andrew [A3R72PWV9WJ7M2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.78] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.80
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: You will be asked to complete several questionnaires about your experiences online. Average completion time: about 12 minutes. Note this study is only open to people who are in the USA. If you are not in the USA, please do not enter this study.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: Blakkat and jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Research Study on Internet performance and video quality assessment | Accept
Requester: Ricky Mok [A21JOGMRLBJA1Z] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.47] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 12:00:00
Description: This research study will first ask you to fill out an online video viewing survey, and then engage you in short experimental tasks that will measure three properties from your computer. The length of this experiment is about 20 minutes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Blakkat

jan

Reaction score
has anyone been able to do this? i was DQ'ed as my screen resolution didn't meet the minimum resolution of their HIT and i doubt i'd be able to get a higher res as i hope the android os is using the max res possible on my galaxy s4.
the # seems to be going down v. slowly

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Sweet Potato
was the thing that you HAD to eat if you sat next to my Father at the Thanksgiving Dinner at my grandparents.

(still can't eat it at all. yuck)
here's what you do... mash the baked sweet potato, mix in crushed pineapple, melt marshmallows on top. the sweetness of pineapple and marshmallows overpowers the taste of the sweet potato.

• Grimacing
Reactions: jan

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

turker sized margarita:
WGN is a big part of why the Cubs have so many fans. Is this new network national?

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
WGN is a big part of why the Cubs have so many fans. Is this new network national?
nope, it is an RSN. I think MLB tv territory rules keep it from being national. There should b a Marquee Sports national feed without live games IMHO as I'm sure fans nationally might want to see the studio shows and documentaries. Carriage seems meh. Comcast is MIA, directv is on board but DISH is not. you can watch cubs games on MLB.TV if you are outside the cubs territory and the cubs are not playing a team you are blacked out from seeing (dbacks and rockies for me, but I can see the rockies/cubs games on my ATT Sportsnet RSN).

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
nope, it is an RSN. I think MLB tv territory rules keep it from being national. There should b a Marquee Sports national feed without live games IMHO as I'm sure fans nationally might want to see the studio shows and documentaries. Carriage seems meh. Comcast is MIA, directv is on board but DISH is not. you can watch cubs games on MLB.TV if you are outside the cubs territory and the cubs are not playing a team you are blacked out from seeing (dbacks and rockies for me, but I can see the rockies/cubs games on my ATT Sportsnet RSN).
My team are the new evil empire.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: 2-Minute Consumer Experience Survey - 200222(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Zhongqiang Huang [A1C8ZTH39EDBSM] (Req TV): $13.70/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
In this study, participants will be asked to respond to some consumption questions. There are no right or wrong answers.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Exc: [-694082054-199293] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US;

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-2 minute survey! (~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Judgment Lab [A2Y9EPPTPAWNUX] (Req TV): $15.76/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Take a brief survey about judgments and decisions.
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 45
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Exc: [194226421-199312] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US;

Status
Not open for further replies.