02/21 - Fiendish Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
MTS Hit Tracker dead for everyone else? I can't get it to update my earnings at all.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Provide a comforting explanation to a person who is experiencing a distressing life experience | Accept
Requester: Social LearningLab [A3G7SL70A2999Y] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.01] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.71] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: We are interested in understanding how people seek comfort in activities and beliefs when they experience distressing life experiences. You will be asked to provide a comforting explanation to a person in a distressing situation.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your impressions of a person | Accept
Requester: Meredith Kleykamp [AO2XCJI36WSYP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.70] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 107
Description: Give us your impressions about a person in a photo and how you would react in a situation described.

Sancho88

Reaction score
Couple questions that I didn't see covered in the FAQs if you don't mind...
  1. For those of you that use watchers in MTurk Engine, what is the normal Time between attempts that you use? If I keep the time at the default (5 seconds), they seem to time out really quickly. I haven't seemed to be able to find the sweet spot yet.
  2. How long do you usually keep watchers? 24 hours? Longer?
Thanks! I'm trying to catch as many of these as I can!

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Predictions about a shopping trip this weekend(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Johanna Peetz [A1TD89VNMSNI7I] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.11] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.43] [Fast=4.95] [Comm=4.68] [Fair=4.97] [Reviews=74] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 45:00
Available: 4
Description: The purpose of this study is to investigate people's thoughts about their personal spending. We are interested in examining how people come to terms with faulty budgeting of weekly spending predictions, and how these thoughts affect later spending decisions. You will be asked to recall an instance in which you spent more than you wanted and to predict spending for an upcoming shopping trip. We ask that only people who plan to go shopping this weekend (grocery shopping, mall shopping, or other types of shopping) participate, as some questions pertain to a planned shopping trip this weekend. The online survey will take approximately 10 minutes. All participants will receive $0.50 upon entering the validation code in the window. Completing this study also qualifies you for a followup survey ($1 bonus for a total of $1.5) in which we will ask you to report back on a shopping trip you might complete this upcoming weekend. The data collected in this study is confidential and anonymous. We collect data through the software Qualtrics. This research is being conducted by Dr. Johanna Peetz (faculty member) and Mariya Davydenko (PhD student) from Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada) and has received clearance by the Carleton University Research Ethics Board -B (Clearance 109573).

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Try closing/reopening your browser and after see if you can do an export (if so check dates), after that try a sync.
Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have worked.

these redditors come up with some quick solutions

Well, glad I didn't have to do the second part. :asshat:

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
  1. For those of you that use watchers in MTurk Engine, what is the normal Time between attempts that you use? If I keep the time at the default (5 seconds), they seem to time out really quickly. I haven't seemed to be able to find the sweet spot yet.
I usually use 1-1.5 seconds depending on how many page request errors I am getting at a time. I use Hit Catcher from MTS and that seems to work pretty good for me.

As far as leaving the PandA's I usually don't have them running for very long unless it is something I know has either a long timer on it and won't be automatically returned for a while, or it is something I really want to to catch. i usually will let two or three PandA's run for an hour or two and if they haven't caught anything, I dump them. But like I said it depends on the timers and personal want/need. I generally clear out all of the PandA's from the day before every morning.

shellsy515

Reaction score
Is that your puppy? So cute!

Reactions: ekkirksey

Sancho88

Reaction score
I usually use 1-1.5 seconds depending on how many page request errors I am getting at a time. I use Hit Catcher from MTS and that seems to work pretty good for me.

As far as leaving the PandA's I usually don't have them running for very long unless it is something I know has either a long timer on it and won't be automatically returned for a while, or it is something I really want to to catch. i usually will let two or three PandA's run for an hour or two and if they haven't caught anything, I dump them. But like I said it depends on the timers and personal want/need. I generally clear out all of the PandA's from the day before every morning.
Thanks! That's a huge help!

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment (Part 1 of 2)(~ 18 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ecker Memory & Cognition Lab [A250HIYE1MJN7A] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.23] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.75] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.40
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 2
Description: In this task, you will read some short fictional news reports, and you'll be asked some questions about them. This is Part 1 of 2; please only participate if you are willing to also participate in Part 2. You will receive an email in four weeks inviting you to complete Part 2. Part 1 will take approx. 15-20 minutes and will pay $2.40; Part 2 will take equally long and will pay $2.60.

Status
Not open for further replies.