Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Health Discussion Group | PANDA
Requester: Dolores Albarracin [A1GQYPPMMYSQUI]
TurkerView: [ $8.69 / hour ]
Description: A ~20 minutes discussion with real others. We hope to collect people’s views toward the certain health related behaviors. Only allow PC users.
Duration: 180 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
[3ZFB7PFNZ2DETFG8U2GU2G3WMWD391]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Watch videos and answer a few questions(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Emily Ward [A3JH752H5VV65]
TurkerView: [ $14.06 / hour ]
Description: This is a short perception study, asking you to watch the nature of event interaction in videos followed by answering a few questions. This hit should last around 8-10 minutes.
Duration: 60 Min
Reward: $0.63
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • Exc: [-2037843692-346311] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3LCM1J6T2DLIY1EM6FJPCWATFOBYCR]

Skylycat

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from National University of Singapore for work related to 3LB1BGHFMC3KD14MOVH0JMXO10STYH.
The value of your bonus is: $10.80 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

:party:

charlie

Reaction score
i have to work in a couple hours. Typically a little slow on Saturdays with my job so HOPEFULLY things will pick up at least a little bit in mturk and prolific today. #pipedream #iknowbetter #onecanhope

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: First Impressions of Families(~ 30 minutes)Accept
Requester: Corinne Moss-Racusin [A1WFURKSVRTJVJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.22][Pay=Good][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 01:00:00
Description: Come and share your first impressions of families that you read about.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [2025191698-346284] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Only today, yes. I just got for a hit with a $7 bonus from aws-seas-wattslab-account. I was kicking myself because I just submitted it a few minutes ago, but forgot to put in the time. I emailed the requester with the time though, so crossing my fingers that it's ok :fingerscrossed:
has anyone seen this from Stanford before? It certainly explains my $20 bonus the other day. I wish they'd all do this!
Get paid fairly: This requester is using the Fair Work script to auto-bonus workers so they earn at least $15/hr. However, for Fair Work to send bonuses, you need to report your actual working time below.

Please report how much active work time this task took you, rounded to the nearest half minute. If you are far off from the median time report across all workers for this task, indicating a lack of good-faith estimation, you may be removed from Fair Work bonus eligibility. Bonuses are sent out daily. By participating, you acknowledge and consent to the Fair Work IRB.

Fair Work is a research project run by the Stanford HCI Group.
Description: Fair Work is a research system focused on fair pay for online workers. You can participate by completing this HIT and filling out the time self-report above. Worker responses will be aggregated and the system will automatically bonus workers to ensure that they earned minimum wage. It will log items such as worker time self-reports. Data will not be shared with anyone outside our research team. You can choose not to participate by not filling out the form. The system will still log that you completed the task so that you can receive a bonus. However, if no workers fill out the form, no bonuses will be sent because the system cannot estimate work time for the task.
Time Involvement: You can participate for as long as you want by filling out the form above on any HITs you encounter with it installed.
Risks and Benefits: Fair Work will supply bonuses based on aggregate worker reports. Beyond this, we cannot and do not guarantee or promise that you will receive any benefits from using Fair Work.
Subject's Rights: If you have read this form and have decided to participate in this project, please understand your participation is voluntary and you have the right to withdraw your consent or discontinue participation at any time without penalty or loss of benefits to which you are otherwise entitled. The alternative is not to participate by filling out the form, or not completing this HIT. Your individual privacy will be maintained in all published and written data resulting from the study.
Contact Information: If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this research, its procedures, risks and benefits, contact the Fair Work team at fairwork@cs.stanford.edu.
Independent Contact: If you are not satisfied with how this study is being conducted, or if you have any concerns, complaints, or general questions about the research or your rights as a participant, please contact the Stanford Institutional Review Board (IRB) to speak to someone independent of the research team at (650)-723-2480 or toll free at 1-866-680-2906. You can also write to the Stanford IRB, Stanford University, 3000 El Camino Real, Five Palo Alto Square, 4th Floor, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
You may print or save a copy of this page for your records.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Only today, yes. I just got for a hit with a $7 bonus from aws-seas-wattslab-account. I was kicking myself because I just submitted it a few minutes ago, but forgot to put in the time. I emailed the requester with the time though, so crossing my fingers that it's ok :fingerscrossed:
that's the one I got too...I got one the other day and they gave me a $20 bonus, but I hadn't seen anything about the policy. Hit ended up paying 45 bux with bonus

alk69

Reaction score
Just got another email from them with HIT link. Says they're bonusing 7.00. So anyone taking more than around 30 min will not be paid for their time. What they promised is not what this is, Majority rules. I don't like majority rules. I'm not in the majority.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh crap! Are you serious? My hit time was like 33 minutes. I actually read the instructions. I will be angry if they don't pay me for my time AND yet, have my data.
Just got another email from them with HIT link. Says they're bonusing 7.00. So anyone taking more than around 30 min will not be paid for their time. What they promised is not what this is, Majority rules. I don't like majority rules. I'm not in the majority.

Reactions: alk69

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Anyway, snap, glad to see these at least

Title: evaluate the motivations and effects of clickbait adsAccept
Requester: xlab research [A3IN1JY2L1NKWL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.33][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50][Fast=4.71][Comm=4.22][Fair=4.71][Reviews=18][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.40
Duration: 06:00:00
Available: 538
Description: answer questions about motivations and effects of clickbait ads on beliefs
Qualifications: misinfo_study_stage2 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 70

alk69

Reaction score
Oh crap! Are you serious? My hit time was like 33 minutes. I actually read the instructions. I will be angry if they don't pay me for my time AND yet, have my data.
I don't know, 33 min is pretty close to half of 15/hr.
After a little math, yeah, you're getting shorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
it's not in the email, but the hit said anyone way out of the median range. So as long as you're around 30 mins, you should be fine. They specifically said median, not mean average or numerical average, so it's half fall below that point, half above. They're just throwing out the outliers, which is pretty typical in polls and other sampling.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I don't know, 33 min is pretty close to half of 15/hr.
After a little math, yeah, you're getting shorted.
Looking at what 90% of requestors on mturk pay, you're complaining about one shorting you a little bit on a $7 hit?

Bring all the other requestors up to a $15 hour minimum pay. Then we can talk about this guy shorting you 50 cents on a 7 buck hit

Reactions: HelloHello

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'll be happy with either $6.50 or $7. I just think they should pay something. I mean, I did the hit conscientiously and thought about my responses. I guess we'll see.
Looking at what 90% of requestors on mturk pay, you're complaining about one shorting you a little bit on a $7 hit?

Bring all the other requestors up to a $15 hour minimum pay. Then we can talk about this guy shorting you 50 cents on a 7 buck hit

Status
Not open for further replies.