Votes: 104 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to finish my taxes sometime this week. Normally done by now, but the results were so disappointing I just kind of quit on it.
I did the same thing. Saw I owed money and just decided to not finish.

Oddly, a little more worn out than yesterday, but I guess as long as it is in a general positive direction I know I'll have ups and downs for a week or two.
Glad you're moving in the right direction. Love that you always seem to have a positive attitude.

Reactions: Kennedy

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I think this poll would work better as a HIT. I'm relying on you kind people to do free labor first, though. :wink:

I'm interested in seeing if suspensions come in roughly equal numbers for people with Masters vs. without. I think Masters might come in a bit less frequently, if nothing else since Amazon touts them as being ultra high quality workers and such.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I did the same thing. Saw I owed money and just decided to not finish.

Glad you're moving in the right direction. Love that you always seem to have a positive attitude.
There was a $7k difference for us. I did expect about $5kish difference because of a choice of mine last year. Was not expecting the rest, and it appears the new tax laws forked us. We have gotten a similar amount back for years, so that is the only real difference.

Reactions: Despairagus

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Thinking and talking about novel kinds of things • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3LCM1J6T2D21JST2QS17LSLBU45YCX/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/3LCM1J6T2D21JST2QS17LSLBU45YCX/tasks/accept_random
Requester: Sandeep Prasada • https://worker.mturk.com/requestersA2T67MNACYP3A3/projects
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 15:00
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked to read about novel animals and artifacts and make judgments about them of ways of speaking about them. You must be a native English speaker to participate.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Time: 04:49
Hourly: $9.33

these are usually good

I was slow since I was chasing my 2 year old

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about to throw back a $4 HIT by Nasreddine El-Dehaibi

Just a heads up it mentions nowhere that the HIT is in another language so beware. It looks like Vietnamese or something and google cant auto translate the page. It asks you to highlight reviews, and the first review as in another language. You cant skip any questions.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
There was a $7k difference for us. I did expect about $5kish difference because of a choice of mine last year. Was not expecting the rest, and it appears the new tax laws forked us. We have gotten a similar amount back for years, so that is the only real difference.
Mine was only $200 but going from always getting a few hundred back to having to pay sucked. Obviously the extra money from doing mturk was worth it though.

Reactions: Kennedy and savvy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Mine was only $200 but going from always getting a few hundred back to having to pay sucked. Obviously the extra money from doing mturk was worth it though.
Yes, that also didn't help things, lol.

Reactions: Gator

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score

Just a heads up it mentions nowhere that the HIT is in another language so beware. It looks like Vietnamese or something and google cant auto translate the page. It asks you to highlight reviews, and the first review as in another language. You cant skip any questions.
I just did that one, too. Except I'm submitting it. I wrote them about it, and if I get a reject then I do. Looked like some weird Latin to me.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

I think that hit is broken, the text is like a default text you see when you're making or testing a web page

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I think that hit is broken, the text is like a default text you see when you're making or testing a web page
Normally I would return something like that, but today I'm kind of foggy. Perhaps he will send me a working one as a make-up. Last time I got a reject the requester kept the reject, but made me a new hit so I could get the money. Not exactly what I wanted. Anyway, moral of the story I probably should be mad at myself 50% for this one if it rejects.

Reactions: ducky

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score

I just marked the first review (all of it) which is in a different language as not relevant and kept going.

Status
Not open for further replies.