Reaction score
Title: Brief Academic Research Survey on Fairness(~ 12 minutes)Accept
Requester: tony12345678 [A235P3IBZJ2L4B] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.64][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 02:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Read three scenarios and answer questions about them.
Qualifications: Exc: [9779683-343283] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Lumius

Reaction score
OK, so I have a question for all of you wonderful Mturkers. For example, you know if you don't qualify for a hit you can at the very least see the hit on Mturk but you can't accept it. For some reason, there are hits I can't even see at all in Mturk. Here is another example, a friend of mine with similar stats (etc.) can search for Noah hits and it opens a number of hits for them but when I do the same search qualified or not qualified I can only see half of the hits that they can. can anyone please help and thank you so much.
With Noah Turk specifically, they temporarily block you. You have to look them up in an external site index, like Turkerview.

https://turkerview.com/requesters/A1ZI6MW5UGBMT9-noah-turk

Reactions: DarkGifts

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study About Decision-Making (15–20 mins)(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: financdecisions@gmail.com [A15Y1N5E9EXT1L]
TurkerView: [ $21.55 / hour ]
Description: Participate in a university study about how people make decisions, and earn up to $5.00! The study involves a fun, group activity.
Duration: 45 Min
Available: 3
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [-1722713166-346294] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3JNY2OZ71GG21MPUHFFYC9DMCHHY7A]

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Survey (5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: LW Research [A3NJD3G438COF7]
TurkerView: [ $14.31 / hour ]
Description: Give us your opinions about consumptions
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000
  • Location EqualTo US
[3QYV7EF3Q7XLLA3ATGJUDAW16H0KL7]

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
ending my official job as day-to-day mother (driving daughter to college):bear:
what are you going to do to replace the feeling of being an empty nester?

oh yeah, you might be getting ready for 🥕 and 🍅. i should indoor start my green chile plants this weekend.

Reactions: jan

sunflowergirl

I love coffee, cats, and flowers
Reaction score
That can be super frustrating! It happens sometimes if you have a hard ban or block on you from the requester. Like I can't see any MLData HIT's even if there are thousands up because they blocked me (despite me not having done a HIT in weeks/months and never doing anything less than asked for, I'm-not-bitter-shutup).

Other times it is because of location quals, using Noah for example, there are some HIT's that you can't do if you live in certain states and won't show up to people in states that are blocked.

Easiest way to understand it is that some requesters know how to utilize demographics and quals on Mturk through experience or reading. Some requesters just pop stuff up and everyone can see if even if they aren't qualified, but then they are likely to get email from annoying people (sometimes me) saying things like "Hey there! I saw that tasty batch and there's a qualification I never saw before, can you tell me more?"

What you are seeing could be all of those things or none, but I hope it helps a little!
KatieinPGH @KatieinPGH The same thing happened to me with MLData! I was blocked by them for no reason. I have no idea why it happened, but I stopped seeing their HITS, and then I saw in my qualifications page that they had put in a block on my account. Super frustrating.

charlie

Reaction score
KatieinPGH @KatieinPGH The same thing happened to me with MLData! I was blocked by them for no reason. I have no idea why it happened, but I stopped seeing their HITS, and then I saw in my qualifications page that they had put in a block on my account. Super frustrating.
speaking of the quals page... that's the one thing they should have fixed when they updated all the rest of mturk a few years ago. it's still a really crappy section.

Reactions: sunflowergirl

charlie

Reaction score
"Lindsey Jacobellis and Nick Baumgartner, the two oldest American snowboarders at the Winter Games, won the first gold medal of the mixed team snowboard cross event.

Jacobellis, 36, and Baumgartner, 40, secured Jacobellis’s second Olympic medal and Baumgartner’s first. "
Ok that settles it. If they can win gold in a sport that better suits teenagers and mid twenty somethings, I can get back to running at 47. I took too long a break. time to get back it.

That event was fun to watch.

JCIII

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from cogpc.lab for work related to 3UAU495MIIR40DQHD3TZHFTGS8AOUE.
The value of your bonus is: $1.40 USD

The Requester included this note:
Passed the test and completed the survey

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

Status
Not open for further replies.