02/10 - Snowy Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
If it's ok, I am going to lurk and learn, I'm new, and read through beginners and 1000 hit, but it's just so daunting, when all the requesters icons are red, according to the add ons. It makes me scared, so I'll just observe for awhile and see if I can get the hang of it.

Good Morning Partay People!

MagicalStreams

Reaction score
Well, I seem silly even asking, but I have clicked on every sub heading on the forums and haven't' found it. I was reading that newer workers do mind numbing numbers hits, and you should be able to find safe reliable ones in the Numbers Hits Thread.

But I can't seem to find the Numbers Hit Thread, and all the requester on my Hit's page have red icons, and I don't want to get rejections from the beginning.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Well, I seem silly even asking, but I have clicked on every sub heading on the forums and haven't' found it. I was reading that newer workers do mind numbing numbers hits, and you should be able to find safe reliable ones in the Numbers Hits Thread.

But I can't seem to find the Numbers Hit Thread, and all the requester on my Hit's page have red icons, and I don't want to get rejections from the beginning.
No, you're right, the numbers thread was last updated last year and so was pushed down in the thread list. Newer folks can chime in about the safe HITs they did on the way to 1k and 5k, but I think a lot of our previously reliable numbers requesters are gone now. Last I checked the 411 Richmond penny numbers HIT is still working, though. The HIT ID for that batch is 389X50RO3UCP2CYKCYM14K9RJJI439. You would input that ID into a HIT catching tool like Mturk Suite or Panda Crazy and then work the HITs as they come into your queue until you max out your 100 HITs for the day (or get fed up w/ the drudgery). I'm about to go to sleep, but thank you for bringing this up -- it's high time to update that resource!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pleco

MagicalStreams

Reaction score
Last I checked the 411 Richmond penny numbers HIT is still working, though.
See, I had read in a post about 411Richmond, but his icon is red through the MTurk Suite on Chrome, and seeing how I have only did 10 hits, I don't want to get a bunch of rejected ones right off.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Faces task | Accept
Requester: Vickery Lab [AAQMH5Z5T57OS] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $8.11] [Pay: 2.67] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.43] [Fast: 3.00] [Comm: 2.33] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.37] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$6.00
Duration: 12 hours
Available: 1
Description: Watch a series of faces and make simple decisions about them.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.10
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Oh. My. Gosh.

I just completed the WHOLE thing. Amazon logged me out. It didn't submit right and they are saying I can't complete it again. MTS is saying I have the $6 on my PE, but my dashboard isn't showing it submitted. Edit: MTS took the $6 away. :(

what do I doooo. I'll email them. I really hope I can fix this. I spent 50 minutes on that thing.

Last edited:

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
See, I had read in a post about 411Richmond, but his icon is red through the MTurk Suite on Chrome, and seeing how I have only did 10 hits, I don't want to get a bunch of rejected ones right off.
411 Richmond is totally safe -- I think he is red because the pay isn't very good. 411 Richmond is a good way to get your numbers up -- concentrate on the ones that you verify one item.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Red, and rightly so, as most of the HITs from that requester are...not very good. The "Verify a single value from a receipt" HITs are not very good, either, BUT they are relatively quick and safe last time I checked.

cassius

Reaction score
Do you have the TO installed? Checking that is the only way you are going to know who's good to do and who's not. It's not perfect but it works.

MagicalStreams

Reaction score
Do you have the TO installed? Checking that is the only way you are going to know who's good to do and who's not. It's not perfect but it works.
I have TO installed and when I hover over his name it gives me the option to check out his TO page. I'll give one of his HiT's a try to see how they go. Thanks every1!

Status
Not open for further replies.