Reaction score
Title: Can you find the criminal?Accept
Requester: The Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience [A3JJMBUX06XGM8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.87][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=5.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=32][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 00:35:00
Available: 14
Description: Complete this short (10 min) experiment about face perception.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; WMFace_uniqueworker DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about a charity report(~ 2 minutes)Accept
Requester: Consumer Research [A3BSSUO2Y35CR5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.28][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.45
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 22
Description: Survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [401796542-404419] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [7170] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Thrones

Reaction score
Prolific has been very active lately (after updating all my demographic details) but connect has been extremely slow. One Jury project this week. I've found my self reluctant to engage too much with Mturk because it feels like I am fighting a horde of bots for peanuts. Prolific is much more chill. /end_blog

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I'm going to wait until the end of the month to move on that DAC7 thing to see if more info comes in the next couple of weeks. I really don't feel comfortable providing Amazon with info they likely already have for a reason that doesn't apply to me. I'd hate to leave mTurk because what little money I can scrape up each month from the site has been pretty useful for paying down bills and such, but it might be time to move on...

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey about shopping onlineAccept
Requester: GS Mturk [A2OFQU2EU6IU3Z] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$30.99][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion on how you like to shop
Qualifications: Online Purchase - Clothing & Shoes EqualTo 1; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I went to sign up for Prolific but felt uncomfortable giving them some of the personal info. they wanted.

Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
just got an email about the EU tax message on mturk anyone else get this?

Hello,

The EU has recently implemented the DAC7 directive (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dir/2021/514/oj) that requires us to report Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Workers’ taxable income. While this directive is administered by the EU, it applies to all Workers on Mechanical Turk.

To comply with this directive, please complete a tax interview at this link (https://worker.mturk.com/account/taxinterview2) or by visiting the Mturk Worker website no later than February 28, 2023.

On the Mturk Worker website, you will notice a banner displayed on the page requesting your participation in a survey. If we do not have your tax information by February 28, 2023, you may be ineligible to continue to use your Mturk Worker account, which could also result in withheld payments.

You will be asked if you are registered to sell professional services on the MarketPlace or for AWS IQ, for the purposes of the survey the answer is ‘Yes’.

Please see below for Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know by reaching out to our customer service team (mturk.com/contact-us).

Thank you,

Amazon Mechanical Turk Team

FAQ’s

Q: Who needs to complete this survey?
A: All Workers on Amazon Mechanical Turk.

Q: What does the process look like?
A: You will proceed to a form that requests tax identification information.

Q: What happens if an error occurs during the survey?
A: Please reach out to our Customer Support team at mturk.com/contact-us (http://mturk.com/contact-us) with a screenshot and details of the error (with any personally identifiable information from the survey removed)

Q: How long does the process take?
A: It should require no more than 5 to 10 minutes.

Q: What if I accidentally enter something incorrect?
A: At the conclusion of the survey you can click an option to retake the survey. If you have closed the survey window, you can click the link again and you will see the option to retake.

Q: What happens if my information cannot be verified?
A: If your information is correct you should receive verification. If you submitted your information incorrectly, you can retake the survey.

Q: Does this apply to me as someone outside of the EU?
A: Yes.

Q: My country isn’t included in the available countries drop-down during the tax interview questionnaire.
A: We’re working internally to ensure all countries are included, and you will be provided additional time to complete the interview. Please attempt the interview again in a few days’ time when your country may be added.
ditto here

jenu

Reaction score
Did you notice that Amazon came up with details about the DAC7?
I thought that the idea with DAC7 had already been abandoned!

Reactions: HelloHello

alk69

Reaction score
Did you notice that Amazon came up with details about the DAC7?
I thought that the idea with DAC7 had already been abandoned!
Just not enough details. In fact, no real details at all. And if you read up on DAC7 online, you'll be real concerned with exactly what they are up to. Amazon needs to provide a lot more reasons for us to join...and a lot more real information.
Survey question: if Amazon was a human being, what would they be? Suspicious? Creepy? Untrustworthy? Honest? Self serving?

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Just not enough details. In fact, no real details at all. And if you read up on DAC7 online, you'll be real concerned with exactly what they are up to. Amazon needs to provide a lot more reasons for us to join...and a lot more real information.
Survey question: if Amazon was a human being, what would they be? Suspicious? Creepy? Untrustworthy? Honest? Self serving?
F. All of the above

PandaThief

Reaction score
nice batch yesterday, maxed out at 3200. More left today. This'll be a good week
that's great but i don't turk much anymore, all it's worth now is just a tab on my monitor but out of habit still visit the subreddit and here

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
"Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Mark Steyvers for work related to 3A3KKYU7P3HILK6N8A0BSSMUTKQWMX.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note: High-quality trivia performance assessment

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!"

Original HIT, about 2 weeks ago:

Status
Not open for further replies.