Would you eat banana on pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
sofaslug @sofaslug I second that giphy you posted. But you and FrenchToast @FrenchToast sounds like you guys got the whole day? We just got late start.
I have my daughter here and 2 neighbor kids. They started a band. They snuck some bowls of water behind the couch. And I still have an hour!
And we've been officially downgraded from an ice storm to a freezing drizzle they say. But I still don't want to go outside!

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
:arghh: I feel this statement in my soul. :ROFL:My oldest is in 6th this year. Our district was supposed to get out on May 31 this year, but I doubt that now!
Merrill is already pushed back to June 12th after this snow day. Tomorrow morning is looking to be equally shitty.

Reactions: FrenchToast

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
sofaslug @sofaslug I second that giphy you posted. But you and FrenchToast @FrenchToast sounds like you guys got the whole day? We just got late start.
I have my daughter here and 2 neighbor kids. They started a band. They snuck some bowls of water behind the couch. And I still have an hour!
And we've been officially downgraded from an ice storm to a freezing drizzle they say. But I still don't want to go outside!
Yeah, nobody is even driving here. We got a quarter inch of sleet and freezing rain after, saturating it. This is the slickest I have seen EVERYTHING this winter.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Merrill is already pushed back to June 12th after this snow day. Tomorrow morning is looking to be equally shitty.
Monday we got an email from the superintendent explaining that we were at 9 snow days, 3 over the state limit. They are having the kids go to school on a day they were supposed to have off. So that only makes up for 1 day. Last year we were able to get a waiver from the state, so thats probably what they are going to try to do again.

Skylycat

Reaction score
Monday we got an email from the superintendent explaining that we were at 9 snow days, 3 over the state limit. They are having the kids go to school on a day they were supposed to have off. So that only makes up for 1 day. Last year we were able to get a waiver from the state, so thats probably what they are going to try to do again.
That sucks. My school district started doing "arctic academy" days last year where they have to do a bunch of work at home and then the day doesn't count as a snow day. More schools should look into this.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Governor Whitmer already said she was approving the waivers for the districts that went over on snow days last week. That saves the kids a few days, at least.

Reactions: FrenchToast

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
How can they limit it?! What. Oh my. Is that why our district waits so long to make the call on school or no school? Crazy.
Skylycat @Skylycat i love that idea. We did homeschool stuff because I didn't want to go so long without education but it doesn't help with the brick and mortar school days.
EDIT - oohhhhh I see it's a limit as to how many days they need to make up?

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
That sucks. My school district started doing "arctic academy" days last year where they have to do a bunch of work at home and then the day doesn't count as a snow day. More schools should look into this.
I really hope that my daughter's district does this. My son's future district (about five miles away) already does. My daughter doesn't want to transfer away from her friends but we live in a shit district. School of choice is a beautiful thing here.

FrenchToast

Reaction score
How can they limit it?! What. Oh my. Is that why our district waits so long to make the call on school or no school? Crazy.
Skylycat @Skylycat i love that idea. We did homeschool stuff because I didn't want to go so long without education but it doesn't help with the brick and mortar school days.
EDIT - oohhhhh I see it's a limit as to how many days they need to make up?
The state limits snow days so that the kids have XX amount of instruction time per school year.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
One of our local cities already gives every kid a laptop. So they do virtual assignments on some of the days. We have more hurricane days than snow days though

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Despairagus @Despairagus I need some cheerups too since at this rate I won't even make $100 this week and I'm so tired :dead:

so here's some weird fun Jeff Goldblum jazz
UGHHHH HOW IS HE SO GREAT??? Unfair for a human to be so weird and so accepted all at once. All hail Jeff, my spirit animal!

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
UGHHHH HOW IS HE SO GREAT??? Unfair for a human to be so weird and so accepted all at once. All hail Jeff, my spirit animal!
I KNOW!!! I saw him on Conan the other day and apparently he's a really good jazz pianist and I was like HOW and also WOW HIS HAIR :ROFL:

FrenchToast

Reaction score
I have never heard of this. That is actually a pretty cool idea!

Governor Whitmer already said she was approving the waivers for the districts that went over on snow days last week. That saves the kids a few days, at least.
YAY!!!
Although I wouldn't have minded them needing to make up some time, it seems like they are getting out of school too early to begin with.

Reactions: sofaslug

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Despairagus @Despairagus I need some cheerups too since at this rate I won't even make $100 this week and I'm so tired :dead:

so here's some weird fun Jeff Goldblum jazz
Written in 1930. Lyrics by Gus Kahn ( wrote loads of hits, among them: "Love Me or Leave Me," "I'm Through With Love" [one of my favs], "Dream a Lilttle dream of Me.", etc., etc., etc....... )

Good post, Sondi @Sondi! / Got HF export working on your downstairs comp yet?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I KNOW!!! I saw him on Conan the other day and apparently he's a really good jazz pianist and I was like HOW and also WOW HIS HAIR :ROFL:
For real, he's stupid weirdly talented. I feel like he's what happens when someone makes a ton of money and decides to follow their bliss and embrace their weirdness. He's a gift to humanity!

Reactions: Sondi
Status
Not open for further replies.