02/06 - Macabre Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
What's with this info that the feds is shutting down Mturk at the end of the year due to the money laundering going on ? It's on reddit
can't find such info. do you have links please? also, if mturk money laundering is going on, then you'd think the hits would pay more.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Just looked through cumfingers89's post history and he's just a bunch of negativity. Said Connect is full of scammers (haven't seen any) and they're sending our information to China. lol
Who knows but the money laundering is legit because amazon changed up their policy because of if hence lesser hits and requesters probably not wanting to associate their names with Mturk anymore. These days i barely do work there anymore because there just isn't any. Yea i'll be sad if and when it shuts down but we'll all just move on .

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
Who knows but the money laundering is legit because amazon changed up their policy because of if hence lesser hits and requesters probably not wanting to associate their names with Mturk anymore. These days i barely do work there anymore because there just isn't any. Yea i'll be sad if and when it shuts down but we'll all just move on .
if it's real, it could be anywhere within the mturk system. drug money, cartel money, whatever, turned over to launderers who then disperse it wherever. say a university grant here, one here in proper names and no one knows the difference.

Reactions: HelloHello

Spicytacosaurus

Reaction score
I dont believe the money laundering bit. amazon did a big purge awhile back because of the extensive amount of scammers from countries outside of the usa. there was a big to do about it across all the boards. there were real problems with people buying american accounts from other countries, specifically india, because they could not cash out to a bank, only amazon gift cards. shoot, i even got messages on reddit from some trying to buy mine and i was like nu uh get outta here. if i remember right, this was around the time they changed up their pay processing, when you had to reregister and they stopped doing 1 day payouts. i remember after the purge there was a glut of work for awhile.
coincidentally, the poster on reddit who made these claims about money laundering admitted they were an indian worker. sorry but that right there tells me everything i need to know about the validity of these money laundering claims.
i.e. the reddit poster is full of shit 😄

PandaThief

Reaction score
I dont believe the money laundering bit. amazon did a big purge awhile back because of the extensive amount of scammers from countries outside of the usa. there was a big to do about it across all the boards. there were real problems with people buying american accounts from other countries, specifically india, because they could not cash out to a bank, only amazon gift cards. shoot, i even got messages on reddit from some trying to buy mine and i was like nu uh get outta here. if i remember right, this was around the time they changed up their pay processing, when you had to reregister and they stopped doing 1 day payouts. i remember after the purge there was a glut of work for awhile.
coincidentally, the poster on reddit who made these claims about money laundering admitted they were an indian worker. sorry but that right there tells me everything i need to know about the validity of these money laundering claims.
i.e. the reddit poster is full of shit 😄
don't know what to believe anymore , all i know is the place is on its last legs and won't be surprised to wake up one day and see the entire place just gone , scammers ruins it for everyone . I'm in crypto and this goes for that platform as well.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Wow just Wow , it's over for us OG's, looks like AMZ now has an option to disqualify top workers who complete a lot of surveys

"Eligibility Requirements: To be qualified for this study, you must be at least 18 years of age, reside in the United States, and have at least a 99% approval rating on Mturk. The top 1% of most active Mturk workers and those who completed previous studies testing the same hypothesis are ineligible."

Last edited:

jenu

Reaction score
ok

Last edited:

alk69

Reaction score
Wow just Wow , it's over for us OG's, looks like AMZ now has an option to disqualify top workers who complete a lot of surveys

"Eligibility Requirements: To be qualified for this study, you must be at least 18 years of age, reside in the United States, and have at least a 99% approval rating on Mturk. The top 1% of most active Mturk workers and those who completed previous studies testing the same hypothesis are ineligible."
Ha! We don't know what the hypothesis is and neither do they, since the researchers are constantly asking us to tell them. And as for the top workers.....those are the few who always seem to get ALL OF THE WORK. Researchers want new blood for their work. Not the same few people. Most of the outside platforms are the same.....in fact, I suggest that you watch the timing (how long you've worked for each platform). Some of them will delete you after a certain amount of time. That's why I started working at MTurk. I got tired of hearing no work or no account for no reason, or response either.

LumosDC

Reaction score
4090 is installed and Cyberpunk is running so smoothly.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Ha! We don't know what the hypothesis is and neither do they, since the researchers are constantly asking us to tell them. And as for the top workers.....those are the few who always seem to get ALL OF THE WORK. Researchers want new blood for their work. Not the same few people. Most of the outside platforms are the same.....in fact, I suggest that you watch the timing (how long you've worked for each platform). Some of them will delete you after a certain amount of time. That's why I started working at MTurk. I got tired of hearing no work or no account for no reason, or response either.
I've been a part of this for over 10 years and have never encountered that message before. I'm hoping it's a one-time occurrence and not something that will happen again. However, the mere existence of the option still makes me cautious.

HelloHello

Reaction score

PandaThief

Reaction score

NemoRolls

Reaction score
Anyone having a decent day on Prolific ? Usually can hit around $10 on there but it's been extremely slow today.

• Sad
Reactions: Mikey Chlanda

koolchica

Reaction score
Anyone having a decent day on Prolific ? Usually can hit around $10 on there but it's been extremely slow today.
i've actually had a good day. over $10 already in my account and i think another $10 waiting to approve

Reactions: NemoRolls

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
The same day I get an alert on prolific about phishing studies I get a study on online privacy that unironically asks for my twitter handle :ROFL: Stay classy Mr. Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.