02/05 - Sneaky Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I didn 't know you lived in Vermont! My college sweetie hails from Springfield and lives in the area still. I almost went to U of Vermont (Burlington?) but we, ahem, had a small disagreement over the amount of my volleyball scholarship
yup~ (though in the se corner. close to springfield (we drive through quite a bit)

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: A short judgement(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Research2020 [A22U02WKALJD90]
TurkerView: [ $11.12 / hour ]
Description: survey
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 17
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [345577-344988] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3WAI7IWAX0NBR5PFMDN1IM7U6T2CK3]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Corporate Response to 2020 Police Killings | PANDA
Requester: Selena Seabrooks [AVFQNIPRYOO2F]
TurkerView: [ $9.28 / hour ]
Description: This survey aims to measure the type of corporate responses taking by organizations from the 2020 police killings, the level of importance of those responses to employees, job satisfaction, organizational commitment
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • Location EqualTo US
[3GPA5L79Y067R2K7097PW8EXBB2N2E]

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Superbowl Matchup Evaluation(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Simon Blanchard [A17Q8YC5P01CIY]
TurkerView: [ $15.06 / hour ]
Description: You'll be asked to evaluate information pertaining to the expected outcomes of the upcoming Superbowl.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 56
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [345584-344995] DoesNotExist
  • Location In CA, US
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
[397QAO5SO12JVUYZD78OF39D9LPEFV]

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
some of these "we want to make sure you're a native speaker of English" hits are ridiculous. I've flunked some of them, yet I'm a native speaker and make a large portion of my living writing for Huffpost, WaPo, etc. Maybe they should specify what they really want is an English major with a masters or doctorate.

jenu

Reaction score
some of these "we want to make sure you're a native speaker of English" hits are ridiculous. I've flunked some of them, yet I'm a native speaker and make a large portion of my living writing for Huffpost, WaPo, etc. Maybe they should specify what they really want is an English major with a masters or doctorate.
And if I'm not a native speaker, what's the problem? To be able to speak a language satisfactorily, do I have to be mandatory a native speaker?

Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
And if I'm not a native speaker, what's the problem? To be able to speak a language satisfactorily, do I have to be mandatory a native speaker?
agreed. Do they want to know if we live in the US? Just ask, or put a qualifier in there. I can see testing for english fluency, but if someone can pass, regardless of where they're from, who cares? The one that pisses me off is the "which of these sentences are acceptable?" one. I've always flunked that. Maybe they have a different definition of "acceptable" than I do. They even say that some they would rate acceptable are not strictly grammatically correct.
That's like saying they need to test your movie knowledge, so please tell us, on a scale of 1 to 5, how you liked the following moves. That has nothing to do with my movie knowledge

Reactions: HelloHello and jenu

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
agreed. Do they want to know if we live in the US? Just ask, or put a qualifier in there. I can see testing for english fluency, but if someone can pass, regardless of where they're from, who cares? The one that pisses me off is the "which of these sentences are acceptable?" one. I've always flunked that. Maybe they have a different definition of "acceptable" than I do. They even say that some they would rate acceptable are not strictly grammatically correct.
That's like saying they need to test your movie knowledge, so please tell us, on a scale of 1 to 5, how you liked the following moves. That has nothing to do with my movie knowledge
and another thing...I was raised by my grandmother for the first 5 or 6 years, so I grew up bilingual (estonian and english) Iwouldn't consider myself a native estonian speaker, as my knowledge is all oral and not written, but I have learned the hard way to only say I grew up speaking enlgish when doing mturk survey. How does speaking Estonian fluently impact my speaking English fluently? We Americans are so narrow-minded. My grandparents on my mother's side both spoke English and Estonian fluently, along with passable Russian and German. They thought nothing of it. Having moved to the Midwest years ago after growing up in NYC, I'm pretty sure among my circle of friends I'm theonly one that knows 3 languages fluently (ASL is 3rd), with passable Spanish and French. I don't think anyone else speaks a second

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
and another thing...I was raised by my grandmother for the first 5 or 6 years, so I grew up bilingual (estonian and english) Iwouldn't consider myself a native estonian speaker, as my knowledge is all oral and not written, but I have learned the hard way to only say I grew up speaking enlgish when doing mturk survey. How does speaking Estonian fluently impact my speaking English fluently? We Americans are so narrow-minded. My grandparents on my mother's side both spoke English and Estonian fluently, along with passable Russian and German. They thought nothing of it. Having moved to the Midwest years ago after growing up in NYC, I'm pretty sure among my circle of friends I'm theonly one that knows 3 languages fluently (ASL is 3rd), with passable Spanish and French. I don't think anyone else speaks a second
should edit that to say my non-Hispanic friends, as many of them are bilingual

Reactions: HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about movement and perception | PANDA
Requester: Brittany Duncan [AY1YJ9LTZ6E8Q]
TurkerView: [ $13.00 / hour ]
Description: Your participation in this survey will take less than 5 minutes. You will watch a series of short videos and answer questions about them.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000
  • DepthPerception DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
[3XCMB0011RX82KAU3PMJCQM65SM3PS]

vinc01

Reaction score
Right, I really liked your essay. "Son of The Fire Gods" very good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.