• San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
Question: Knowing that most of its audience has to get up the next morning for school or work WHY do they start the Superbowl so late?
Prime time. As I recall, the Superbowl was conceived as a money maker. The whole idea was to make prodigious heaps of cold cash. Off the public, of course. As usual, of course.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Prime time. As I recall, the Superbowl was conceived as a money maker. The whole idea was to make prodigious heaps of cold cash. Off the public, of course. As usual, of course.
Since the same people in the same numbers will be watching it how does playing it later make a difference?

Reactions: alk69

alk69

Reaction score
Since the same people in the same numbers will be watching it how does playing it later make a difference?
Prime time will attract more watchers, just because it's on, if nothing else. Adult parties are also in the evenings, too. And then there's the whole merchandising of foods and such to go with it...Besides y'all supposed to be in church during the day on Sunday. Not hanging over a set up sporting event, stuffing your mouth and drinking beer.

Reactions: jan and HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Prime time will attract more watchers, just because it's on, if nothing else. Adult parties are also in the evenings, too. And then there's the whole merchandising of foods and such to go with it...Besides y'all supposed to be in church during the day on Sunday. Not hanging over a set up sporting event, stuffing your mouth and drinking beer.
If I had to guess, I would guess it's the 'church' angle that keeps it late. I agree with those who say switch it to Saturday, but then that would impact 'church' too! I read last year that the Superbowl cost businesses about $4 BILLION DOLLARS in lost productivity.

Reactions: jan and alk69

alk69

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I would guess it's the 'church' angle that keeps it late. I agree with those who say switch it to Saturday, but then that would impact 'church' too! I read last year that the Superbowl cost businesses about $4 BILLION DOLLARS in lost productivity.
Yeah, but it made money for a few high-rollers, which was the whole point.

Reactions: barny

alk69

Reaction score
And there goes another pleasantly plump survey in the gutter. That makes about 15.00 worth just today...And I'm not really trying. Just think, I could return 30.00 worth if I tried harder....PE is 00.00 for today...do I get credit for making four digits?

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
Question: Knowing that most of its audience has to get up the next morning for school or work WHY do they start the Superbowl so late?
It used to be in the early afternoon EST. But they wanted a larger audience.......so it shifted :(

Reactions: HelloHello

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,
Went to 7-11 across the street here in Kansas City. Longest line I have ever seen with people trying to get beer and 3 dollar pizzas for the game.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
jan @jan or other mods reading this, can we have poll about who we think will win the superbowl? Chiefs or 49ers?
I don't know all that much about football, but I think the poll should offer a third choice. Just to be fair. :)

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

chrisd6

Reaction score
I think they know most viewers will decide to "just have a drink and watch the first half" and watch how that spirals down into utter regret the next morning
Speaking from experience at least

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Super Bowl Viewership Study - Phase 2(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Maral [A7Y8PKL67CSRF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$45.57] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 12:00:00
Available: 6
Description: The purpose of this Super Bowl viewership study is to obtain information about people’s viewing of the Super Bowl broadcast and their reactions toward the game.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps they could make Superbowl Monday a national holiday and then it would solve all kind of problems. Most specifically, the problem of me having to go into work tomorrow.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Rate photos of people | Accept
Requester: Emily [ALTESMP4LVHOL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.82] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: 5-minute survey: Rate photos of individuals on various characteristics and attributes for an academic study.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.