Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

02/01 - Feta Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily Work Threads' started by jklmnop, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srndpty

Srndpty
    Expand Collapse

It's because of a closed qual that dropped some nice batches tonight. Otherwise it would be about $16. Super lazy most of the day.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Jamie Taylor and DareAngel3 like this.
  2. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    personally i have two hit forkers open (when im seriously turking. not right now). one set to get anything aobut a certain amount, usually .75 but sometimes higher or lower based on how busy everything is coming in. other forker set for anyting 0.02 + that comes in a batch of 10 or more. you learn from there what's worth doing. most batches that are under 5 cents arent worth it but a few are. once you get 5k hits there are more .05-10 cent batches that come up that are good pay and fairly regular

im new too, only since oct but i made $640 in jan

#722 reprise, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Jamie Taylor likes this.
  3. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor
    Expand Collapse

I'll try that. Thank you for the tip!

4. Concise

Concise
    Expand Collapse
    Buddhist Bacchante

They soft banned me several batches ago and I've been banned since, and I even wrote this week asking nicely to be given another go... nope. So... enjoy the option, but yeah, the tone the requester uses in communication is concerning.

oh, almost forgot:
    computer vision turk / noah qual :salt:

#724 Concise, Feb 1, 2019
    Srndpty likes this.
  5. TissueHime

TissueHime
    Expand Collapse
    Thread Maker Extraordinaire

• Threaderator
    1 hour left for dibs!
    if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss itwa

aveline likes this.
  6. Srndpty

Srndpty
    Expand Collapse

Average is 40 a day this month. I've set up a spreadsheet with all sorts of data pulls since the weekly reports are leaving. I aim for 40 day/280 wk. Some days I make 2.14 but overall my daily averages out to 40. I've consistently hit/exceeded this goal the last 4 months so I think it's time to up it.

I've been at this since Oct 2017. A lot of grinding long hours until I hit my flow with favorite requesters and attaining some closed quals. Mturk is a roller coaster ride.

#726 Srndpty, Feb 1, 2019
    Nikoratos and Jamie Taylor like this.
  7. Srndpty

Srndpty
    Expand Collapse

You can zoom in and out more in the new tab also.

Jamie Taylor likes this.
  8. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    that's awesome. i try to get $150 a week in addition to my regular job. i've just literally been keeping track of stuff in a text file. mturk $ based on when i earn it + bonuses based on when they're paid. which i guess is fine. i also make some money from a few other sites. i think i'd be at your level if i worked more (just assuming you're working more than me), and i think that's really good especially for a few months

Jamie Taylor likes this.
  9. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor
    Expand Collapse

^^^^These are the posts that instill the fear of Noah in me. I just did my first Noah HIT. Only one. Testing the waters, you know.

[​IMG]

10. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor
    Expand Collapse

I took your advice and it worked. Thank you so much!

Srndpty likes this.
  11. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    the worst thing he can do is soft ban you. even if he does, he only does it for that certain HIT or similar HITs. he puts out a lot of decent paying work. you could easily make $18/hr doing those medival roleplay hits I just posted.

Srndpty likes this.
  12. Srndpty

Srndpty
    Expand Collapse

I revised that date, it's Oct 2017. I usually work 4-6 hours on Mturk. There have been instances when it seems my favs all drop on the same day and I'll work 8-10 hours. I freelance other work as well, but have Hit Finder running with alarms in case something drops. Make sure to use the exclude/include lists on Hit Finder to fine tune the list of HITs you are seeing.

I have a neighbor that is disabled and I hooked him up with Mturk to make extra cash. The way I explained it to him is that Mturk is an investment. You have to put the time into it to get something worthwhile out of it. We do live in an instant society anymore, so it's understandable people get frustrated when things take time.

reprise likes this.
  13. Srndpty

Srndpty
    Expand Collapse

Don't be scared. Most of his HITs are fine. Seems to be the trace HITs that produce the bans.

14. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    My time is very variable on mTurk. If I don't work and I'm home I'll day, will usually make about 50-80$ in 4-6 hard working hours plus a few just messing around. i have a workstation i use for serious work (3 monitors etc). but this is only usually one day a week, sometimes 0 days. other days i basically come home from work and just let panda crazy go. if one of the vicky batches or a few of the others come up, i'll go to the workstation and bang out like 20 or 30 dollars or whatever, til the batch is gone. sometimes i'll put up hit forker for $1+ surveys and try to do some if my brain still works. if i have a good portion of the day in the morning of afternoon i might hit the workstation if it's worth it.

the only real quals i have are foxtrot (which are not paid that well anyway but I like doing them) and vicky

#734 reprise, Feb 1, 2019
    Merovign and Srndpty like this.
  15. Merovign

Merovign
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I came back and did the UB MID memory study. Possibly the most miserable I've done since I started. Totally not worth it, 40+ minute mess. Terribly underpaid.

Edit: Burned me out for the day. I had a funny feeling after I started it that I shouldn't have bothered, would have been better to do more Hannahs.

#735 Merovign, Feb 1, 2019
  16. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    i got a job offer from appen/raterlabs and i've been doing the last part of the test tonight. plus i worked for 9 hours today otherwise i'd be banging out more of those noah turk roleplay hits. good hits fo sho. the test isn't due until sunday but i have to work this whole weekend so...

#736 reprise, Feb 1, 2019
    Merovign, Srndpty and aveline like this.
  17. Srndpty

Srndpty
    Expand Collapse

Nikoratos likes this.
  18. Sybil

Sybil
    Expand Collapse

Happy Friday everyone! Not really Turking tonight...just not feeling it. My hours are so wonky...my husband passed on December 22 and then my 30 year old daughter od'ed and passed on the 14th. Every since if I can sleep more than 3 hours at a time I'm happy. Now I Turk at all different kind of hours. Thank heavens for Turk-because of it I can support myself after David's passing and not have to deal with a real job with actual people.

19. Sybil

Sybil
    Expand Collapse

I really enjoyed this one

Title: [5 MINS][Easy & Fun] Tell us about interior design styles that you like | PANDA
    Requester: Laurence Wong [A1ZNHW51Z9GBVQ] (Req TV): $10.53/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description:
    From the set of images displayed, pick the ones that you are most drawn to.
    Time: 15 minutes(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US;

20. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I'm sorry, that's terrible that the both passed. I'm glad you have mTurk to help with $$$ but I can't even imagine how you feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.