01/30 - Meshuga Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Inferences about different kinds of outcomes(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Tiffany Doan [AZ770TTFUGT40] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$25.84] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 110
Description: Psychology study. Survey: 5 minutes, $0.50 USD
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [127501553-402214] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

jan

Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about different types of debt and how they might affect your mental health. | Accept
Requester: Erin Keel, Innerbody Research [A1ZEAZI3UP90ED] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.52] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: DO NOT TAKE THIS SURVEY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY DEBT! This survey discusses several types of debt (student, auto, home, etc.) to see which one affects your mental health the most. Please read through all questions thoroughly.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

jan

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Insight Study: January 30th 2023(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ksobol [A2P8BQPURUITUU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.40] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Available: 45
Description: This is an online study that should take you about 8 minutes to complete. Please read the questions carefully and answer them as honestly as you can. Also, to ensure data quality, please make sure that you are free of distraction and interruption for the duration of the study. Thank you
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50000; Exc: [403430-402841] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

jan

Reaction score

Charlene22

Reaction score
Title: 28 pairwise comparisons of 8 options | PANDA
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (Req TV): $16.99/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
For each pair of options, choose the option that best answers the survey question. Explain your choice. Additionally, fill out 6 demographic selections. If you've done our HITs before most of these will already be prefilled. Limited to previous PickFu responders meeting the target demographics.
Time: 3 hour(s) 44 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $14.00
Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1Take Test; QG-bBNzYuxgtC EqualTo 1; Gender In 2; TWL GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10; Location EqualTo US;

• Wow
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: A short study! (~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Tami Kim [AQUYHHBM40X8O] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.76] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.25] [Fast=4.54] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=35] [ToS=1]
Reward: 0.20
Available: 40
Description: A short study! You must use one of the following sites regularly: Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat
Qualifications: Exc: [-471651523-402849] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

LumosDC

Reaction score
Finally, got it straightened out with Housing and my apartment building.

Had to call up my council member's office to get a response from Housing, who said that my inspection had fully passed and my rent was unchanged. They were supposed to send a letter saying that I had passed, what my rent would be (even the amount hadn't changed), and rather my next inspection would be in 1 year or 2 years (depends on how well you passed and/or if you have a disability).

My building had said I still owed nearly $800 (which was down from nearly $15,000), but sat down with the leasing office again and brought my bank statements, water/sewer bills, and the "Thank you for submitting your payment" email confirmations from literally since I moved in. They finally saw that the reason for the nearly $800 was because they were applying my water/sewer part of my bill payment to the Housing assistance portion. The nearly $800 matches the total I've been billed for water/sewer since I moved in back in Nov. 2021. So, now they've corrected the amount I owe them to the right amount which was $0.00.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Finally, got it straightened out with Housing and my apartment building.

Had to call up my council member's office to get a response from Housing, who said that my inspection had fully passed and my rent was unchanged. They were supposed to send a letter saying that I had passed, what my rent would be (even the amount hadn't changed), and rather my next inspection would be in 1 year or 2 years (depends on how well you passed and/or if you have a disability).

My building had said I still owed nearly $800 (which was down from nearly $15,000), but sat down with the leasing office again and brought my bank statements, water/sewer bills, and the "Thank you for submitting your payment" email confirmations from literally since I moved in. They finally saw that the reason for the nearly $800 was because they were applying my water/sewer part of my bill payment to the Housing assistance portion. The nearly $800 matches the total I've been billed for water/sewer since I moved in back in Nov. 2021. So, now they've corrected the amount I owe them to the right amount which was $0.00.

:cheers:

Reactions: LumosDC

jenu

Reaction score
WEBSITE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE !
This always appears as a leitmotif!

Charlene22

Reaction score
I had this, too. I opened it on my phone and it said the same thing. Took my phone off wifi and the page opened. So next time I'm going to reset my router and see if that fixes the issue.
WEBSITE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE !
This always appears as a leitmotif!

Reactions: HelloHello

Spicytacosaurus

Reaction score
I had this, too. I opened it on my phone and it said the same thing. Took my phone off wifi and the page opened. So next time I'm going to reset my router and see if that fixes the issue.
I think it is just mturk. I had it go down twice on me this morning, but it came back online after a few mins each time.

Reactions: HelloHello

jenu

Reaction score
But I don't think it's because of the phone or the connection. It is an internal matter that appeared recently and which makes me think that Mturk is in trouble!
More interesting is that they appeared together with Chris's AWOL!

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Learn words from a fictional language!(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Princeton Baby Lab [A3BZ2QPO1N1VN6]
TurkerView: [ $12.62 / hour ]
Description: Participate in a short experiment about learning language. Learn new words from a (made-up) language and answer a few demographic questions.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 22
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [1535846460-402867] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3QG9DTEQJMDGP477439MYW8X9V9AWW]

jan

Reaction score
Title: COMMUNICATION & ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP **THREE PART SURVEY** (SAMPLE 4)(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Colton Krawietz [AKHXVJCT2OK2D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.22] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 39
Description: The study aims to assess how purposefully choosing not to communicate about certain topics while moving in with their romantic partner can affect their desire to remain in that relationship. If you agree to take part in this study, you will be asked to complete three surveys. Survey 1 will be completed today to evaluate your eligibility for the other two surveys. If you meet the requirements, you will receive an invite to complete Survey 2 via CloudResearch within a few weeks. Survey 3 will be completed in three months.
Qualifications: Exc: [2086693443-402369] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

PandaThief

Reaction score
I think it is just mturk. I had it go down twice on me this morning, but it came back online after a few mins each time.
This is something coming from the AWS server farm that MTurk and many other sites run on. There are mutliple people reporting this problem with differing ISPs and in different parts of the country. I think somebody at AWS fiddled with their settings for detecting/preventing DoS (denial-of-service) attack attempts, and now too much rapid refreshing is starting to trigger that level of blocking for some people instead of just MTurk's internal page request limit. :(

Zick

Reaction score
This is something coming from the AWS server farm that MTurk and many other sites run on. There are mutliple people reporting this problem with differing ISPs and in different parts of the country. I think somebody at AWS fiddled with their settings for detecting/preventing DoS (denial-of-service) attack attempts, and now too much rapid refreshing is starting to trigger that level of blocking for some people instead of just MTurk's internal page request limit. :(
I'm convinced this is it. Instead of showing you the PRE page, it shows you the maintenance page and puts you in timeout for 2-3 minutes. I've only ever seen this when I have multiple scripts refreshing/loading pages

Reactions: Charlene22
Status
Not open for further replies.