01/30 - Marzipan Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Also join the discord if you want! We have a lot of people on it already but could use more.

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Todays gonna be so long... I want to do 100 instead of my normal 50. :|

Reactions: Azazael and Peachy

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Goodmorning.
The coffee needs to hurry up and brew. :coffee2:

Reactions: jklmnop and Concise

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Heads up:

Between 2 and 2:30 AM PST, about 4-5 days in a row, Pinterests have been dropping. some days I'll nab 5 and can do 5, and yesterday, I nabbed 9, and was only able to do one... before the 20 minute timer expired. You'll get false caps, and sometimes actual caps, with these. If you wait long enough, they sometimes free back up, although... it's not consistent. Anyhoo, here's the info I have on them, enjoy.

Title:Pinterest - Check if the web page exists | PANDA
Requester:Pinterest [AURHK491L2LH6] (Contact)
TO:[Pay: 3.38][Fair: 4.62][Comm: 3.33][Fast: 4.14][Reviews: 43][ToS: 13]
Description:
You will log in to Pinterest to complete simple tasks.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 44
Reward:$0.40
Qualifications: None;

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Last edited:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Just caught this on panda. Did the same HIT on 1/26/17, still unpaid. HIT description says, "If you have participated in a similar HIT before, there is no problem with you taking this HIT as well. " I did drop a note to the requester, just in case.

Title:
Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.58] [Fair: 4.69] [Comm: 3.67] [Fast: 4.73] [Reviews: 22] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A multiple choice survey about common words
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.75
Qualifications:
Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [32202-31613] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Adult Content Qualification is 1; Location is one of: US;

Last edited:

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone having pi script issues?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I got bored with waiting for Mozilla to approve the ext, so I added commas to the HIT totals for the upcoming chrome update.

alk69

Reaction score
Dermot Lynott will give you an exclusionary qual very quickly after you do it. A panda will say not qualified if you can't do it. They're very good about telling you if you can do it...or not. The only time I didn't see that ''not qualified'' was when the same HIT I had just completed came up again. And it did appear shortly. I keep a list of the last 3 characters of those Dermot HITs I've already done. In case I'm unsure if a recent posted HIT is new for me or not....but then I'm odd like that. I like to know what I'm doing--at least some of the time...

Reactions: Concise

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Dermot Lynott will give you an exclusionary qual very quickly after you do it. A panda will say not qualified if you can't do it. They're very good about telling you if you can do it...or not. The only time I didn't see that ''not qualified'' was when the same HIT I had just completed came up again. And it did appear shortly. I keep a list of the last 3 characters of those Dermot HITs I've already done. In case I'm unsure if a recent posted HIT is new for me or not....but then I'm odd like that. I like to know what I'm doing--at least some of the time...
Thank you! I noticed the directions said they record your Amazon ID while you're taking the HIT so... I also noticed the content was different than the last HIT on 1/26/17, even though the structure was the same.

Thank you again for responding :rolleyes:

alk69

Reaction score
Dermot apparently posts his HITs in little groups--you're only able to do one form each. I think this because of comments about words that were different from the words I got in the same HIT. He usually posts 3 per day--when he's posting. Lately they'll be the same for 2 or more days. So I get 2 one day and then have to wait for the next group........Also I'm up at this unholy hour 'cause panda screamed out that a Dermot HIT was up. This is the same HIT (URL ending 8NR) that has been repeatedly posted in the very early hours of the morning for weeks. Finally got the sucker.

Reactions: Concise

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Now I added commas to Submitted, Approved, Rejected, Pending under the Your HIT Status section.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
:coffeepc:

If I don't like marzipan does that mean I can go back to sleep until it isn't Monday anymore?

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Just did this HIT, no history requester, timer 15 minutes. They want 6 pictures, as well as 2 videos of your feet in dark socks, on a piece of standard paper.

Anyone else do this? I've written the requester with the "success code" after completion, as the HIT expired.

Title: Capture Images and videos of your feet | PANDA
Requester: Maximilian Mack [A19CGG12EYSSMO] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: You need to take 3 images and one video per foot with your mobile phone
Time: 15 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

Last edited:

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.