01/27 - Machiavellian Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelandmeg

Reaction score
Are you pretty new to mturk? Honestly, very few ppl. average that much per day. Unless you have some great closed quals that post often, making 60 to 75 a day every day is really damn hard
I've been Turking since 2008 since back when Matt Rubin and all the big requesters were around. lol I've just been working a crappy job since we relocated out of state for my gf to go to school. Would you say $40. to $50 would be more realistic?

cassius

Reaction score
I've been Turking since 2008 since back when Matt Rubin and all the big requesters were around. lol I've just been working a crappy job since we relocated out of state for my gf to go to school. Would you say $40. to $50 would be more realistic?
If you want some money, keep the crappy job.

jijab

Reaction score
I've been turking for ~10 years, There was a point where I could average $75-$80 a day, but nowadays it's a struggle to get to $50 for me.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I've been turking for ~10 years, There was a point where I could average $75-$80 a day, but nowadays it's a struggle to get to $50 for me.
A lot of the requesters left a few years ago when Amazon hiked their rates substantially. Some other big ones (Crowd-something, OneSpace) started their own sites. Others, like Google, don't post like they used to. There's also more workers competing for the finite amount of hits.

OTOH, scripts are better.
Been at this since 06, sometimes FT, usually PT

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
In your humble opinion, what would be an accurate daily average for you taking surveys and a few good batches here and there? I've been a 10+ year Turker, I understand it's not what it used to be as far as jobs and I also understand some days are much better than others. But what would you say most are averaging now days? Or currently?
It all depends on you quals and how long you want to sit leashed to your computer screen. The "decent requesters" that used to post good batches are relatively few and far between from what I have seen. I have seen folks on here that average well over $100 a day, but they are in the minority, most seem to be struggling to get to even half of that. It's different for just about everybody. My version of "slow" may be someone else's "busy" and my "busy" may be slow for other people because I am working on a closed qual that day.

Over the past month there have been days where I hit my goal relatively quick (four or five hours) and may even work over that if there seems to be a lot to do or I am in a good rhythm. There have also been days where I am stuck sitting here for 12 hours trying to get my low end goal for the day. I would almost say that if you have a consistent 75 dollars coming in from your "BS job" keep shoveling. There are certain days that I am tempted to go back out and rejoin the workforce just for the stability.

BamagedDrain

Reaction score
Have the accuracy rewards for the SurveyComet forecasting HITs gone out yet, anybody know?

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Product Decision(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Fun Behavioral Pollster [A1QR9OJZTV7MZJ] (Req TV): $15.38/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Tell us about your product choices
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Exc: [1667175680-193657] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US;

booklover

Reaction score
"Sorry I have to reject you as I did not receive your data from the survey. After getting the survey code, you have to click the proceed button 1 more time to submit the survey. I think you might not have clicked that button and so I did not receive your data. I'm sorry but I can't pay you."

This shit pisses me off. I know to click to the end, no way I didn't. :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Windir

Reaction score
It all depends on you quals and how long you want to sit leashed to your computer screen. The "decent requesters" that used to post good batches are relatively few and far between from what I have seen. I have seen folks on here that average well over $100 a day, but they are in the minority, most seem to be struggling to get to even half of that. It's different for just about everybody. My version of "slow" may be someone else's "busy" and my "busy" may be slow for other people because I am working on a closed qual that day.

Over the past month there have been days where I hit my goal relatively quick (four or five hours) and may even work over that if there seems to be a lot to do or I am in a good rhythm. There have also been days where I am stuck sitting here for 12 hours trying to get my low end goal for the day. I would almost say that if you have a consistent 75 dollars coming in from your "BS job" keep shoveling. There are certain days that I am tempted to go back out and rejoin the workforce just for the stability.
Hah.

I'm lucky if I make 3 dollars a day on mTurk.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes about Aging and Alzheimer's Disease(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: WVU Healthy Aging Lab [A3T4A4IP8ZPHIN] [TurkerView]
Description: Researchers at West Virginia University seek up to 500 adults ages 18+ years to complete a 30-minute research survey. Participants will receive $3.00 for their participation. For more information, contact Dr. Julie Patrick at Julie.Patrick@mail.wvu.edu in the Department of Psychology at WVU. IRB acknowledgement is on file.
Duration: ~45min
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 8 min, 19 sec
Catchability: Okay
Pros: Generous pay
Auto-approval

Reactions: Blakkat

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
A lot of the requesters left a few years ago when Amazon hiked their rates substantially. Some other big ones (Crowd-something, OneSpace) started their own sites. Others, like Google, don't post like they used to. There's also more workers competing for the finite amount of hits.

OTOH, scripts are better.
Been at this since 06, sometimes FT, usually PT
Ironically the scripts being more powerful hurt workers more than anything else.

cassius

Reaction score
Take note too, folks, and not to spread fear because I don't have much use for threats and rumors about these so called viruses, but universities in China are closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.