01/24 - Toasty Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
does anyone know offhand which Amazon Mechanical Turk Team Profile Information hit I need to fill out for this qual?
US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1
I could have sworn there was one that had "education" in the title, but I don't see it now. It's been a while since I got it.

Have you tried the "Employment and Home" one? I cannot open it to preview, but that could be a possibility.

Reactions: cb456 and Merovign

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I could have sworn there was one that had "education" in the title, but I don't see it now. It's been a while since I got it.

Have you tried the "Employment and Home" one? I cannot open it to preview, but that could be a possibility.
yeah, no luck, closest one I have found is the "Skills and Specialization", but it only asks if you are currently studying or hold a degree in the following fields, which is sort of ambiguous as it doesn't distinguish if you are a degree holder or just in school.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Marking objects and relations in images. Bonuses for good work! On average $10/hour. | PANDA
Requester: Stanford University [AALPOIWHC4JFR] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
In this HIT you will mark objects, properties and relations in an image. Bonus will be given for good work!
Time: 1 hour(s) 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 14
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Despairagus

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
2:40

Title: Answer a very short survey on Celebrity Endorsement decisions | Accept
Requester: Charalampos Saridakis [AA8W00D6OK3LJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 7
Description: In this short survey we aim to collect your evaluations on the overall fit/similarity between certain brands and well known personalities.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

Reactions: Merovign

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
https://codepen.io/Jerami/full/jdbKQx

Once again, check it on your phone and/or resize on pc, if you want to check out Responsive Web Design.:)
(Also, this is still in progress. Just built for functionality, so far)

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
lol you missed the decimal point $3.00-5.00 a day =D I am happy with the 5k though, I know I have seen a few things come up that was all I was missing for the qual.
$3-5/day is me (under 500). I just got my 400th hit approved so I'm getting towards the milestone level of 500. I could believe $100+/day easily with reasonable effort for 5K HITS considering I see some of the HITS posted here need 1000 or 5000 HITS (which I don't have yet) or your discussion about some requestors that have HITS I don't see available probably because that requestor requires 500 or more HITS completed workers.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
they’re cooking pig heads on Chopped
reminds me of two things:

1) when you order some dish at a chinese restaurant, one of the pieces is a fried duck head (freaks me out). don't remember the dish that was ordered that I tried but it was freaky.

2) When I go grocery shopping, there are bottled pigs feet and pigs feet in a styrofoam tray in the meat department. Those crazy immigrants!

Reactions: Peachy and Jerami

Dhaze

Reaction score
hmm just got logged out and had to reset my password, is this normal?

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
hmm just got logged out and had to reset my password, is this normal?
It seems to vary a little from person to person. The supposed norm is every 12 hours, for me it's anywhere from 2 hours to whenever the heck Amazon feels like it.

Reactions: Dhaze

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
reminds me of two things:

1) when you order some dish at a chinese restaurant, one of the pieces is a fried duck head (freaks me out). don't remember the dish that was ordered that I tried but it was freaky.

2) When I go grocery shopping, there are bottled pigs feet and pigs feet in a styrofoam tray in the meat department. Those crazy immigrants!
Pigs feet is like a southern thing, I think. They pickle anything down there!.:p I don't know any immigrants who'd eat the part of the pig that walks around in it's own filth, those that eat pig at all.

I'm sure some countries may also eat pigs feet but, I think that was us(US) first, with the mass marketing of them. I could be entirely wrong though.:)

Reactions: jklmnop

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
[QUOTE="mboone73, post: 1419394, member: 4211"It seems more stable than investing these days.[/QUOTE]

don't know about that. I've passively made 14% since the beginning of the year. I need the government reopened so I might not be in a world of hurt in April when earnings come out for my superstar stocks.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If $100/day is easy then I'm doing something *seriously* wrong and/or those awesome tutorials are terribly misleading.
If you mean my tutorial, it's very survey focused because that's the way I work.
Batches aren't my favourite and I don't like fighting for HITs, personally. Plus I like variation. I get bored easily.:p

But, I also don't tell anyone they're going to make $100 doing it, especially "easily".

Max day without batches is a bit under $120. (All day, and it was a loooong steady day.)
That doesn't happen regularly though, without adding in batches. My method gets me, normally, to my goal of $60 and usually around $80, without batches on a steady day. I didn't want to set anyone's hopes too high. That's why I said
"I can guarantee, myself, $40 to $XXX by doing that."
I think that's pretty accurate. I know most people that I've helped can hit $40.

There are other outside factors that can figure in though.(internet speed, reading speed, distraction level, outside obligations, social media addiction, etc.)
:)

Last edited:

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Yay! My 9.15 PE turned into 41.20! Thank you, Content Research! :celebrate:
That is one hell of a turnaround! Congratulations.
My $9.90 PE just turned into *checks PE* It's still $9.90.

In my defense, I was gone til 12:30, then I received my refurbished computer in the mail an hour later, which is malfunctioned as hell. Glad I bought it on Ebay, because it is definitely going back. I wasted two hours trying to get it to configure to the size of my tv. It was so slow, that I couldn't even get YouTube or Facebook to fully load. It was worse than dial up, and it has 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and 3.90 GHz processor speed.

By the way, if ANYONE can tell me how to get back into a computer that is locked with a password, because the gd seller was too stupid to wipe that clean, please let me know. It went to a screensaver, and now my Google Chrome information is locked in that computer, and I need to send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.