01/23 - Thalamocortical Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

This is an automated thread post because someone probably fell asleep. :aveeyeroll:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Qual for: Look at an edited image and describe why it was edited | Accept
Requester: xlab research [A3IN1JY2L1NKWL] Contact
TV: Hrly=$20.74 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=3.73 | Fast=4.60 | Comm=4.17 | Fair=4.40 | Reviews=12 | ToS=0
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.52
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Look at an edited image and describe the impact of the edit! Interesting! NOTE: This is the qualification HIT.
Qualifications: fakeimg-qual DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.13

Spunky3174

Reaction score
So I am guessing that when you are sitting on top of 1000 HITS completed, the HITS stay pending just to tease me... PS... At least I had Caltech's experiments to keep me busy :p... They offer a decent bonus at least (well at least to me LOL).

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
HIT Time: 1 min 15 sec

Title: Answer a few question | Accept
Requester: Kevin Reuter [A2PIW6GF75BP1E] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.57] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=1]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 15:00
Description: Fun easy study for money
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
So I am guessing that when you are sitting on top of 1000 HITS completed, the HITS stay pending just to tease me...
as a turker learns... patience grasshopper! they'll hopefully approve soon and if not, auto approve in 30 days but with 43K under my belt, i don't think any had to auto approve.

welcome! :celebrate2: What flavor Welcome :cupcake: do you want?

Spunky3174

Reaction score
as a turker learns... patience grasshopper! they'll hopefully approve soon and if not, auto approve in 30 days but with 43K under my belt, i don't think any had to auto approve.

welcome! :celebrate2: What flavor Welcome :cupcake: do you want?
Patience isn't always my strong suit :) Oh! And I love strawberry cupcakes :D

Spunky3174

Reaction score
Oh and I don't know if anyone wants to know, but the Caltech experiments I am referring to are pretty cool... They show not qualified until you select the Task 1, but if you ask for the qual it auto assigns it to you. After that there are Tasks 2 - 4. Tasks 1-3 pay .50 but you can earn up to $2 in bonuses for each experiment (based on your performance) and the 4th pays $3. The quals for 2-4 auto unlock when you finish the first one. I am still working with them so I can get into the 4th one (had a random load failure...), but the other 3 I got my 1.50 and racked up over $5 in bonuses... So me happy for tap, tap, tappy :p

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Oh and I don't know if anyone wants to know, but the Caltech experiments I am referring to are pretty cool... They show not qualified until you select the Task 1, but if you ask for the qual it auto assigns it to you. After that there are Tasks 2 - 4. Tasks 1-3 pay .50 but you can earn up to $2 in bonuses for each experiment (based on your performance) and the 4th pays $3. The quals for 2-4 auto unlock when you finish the first one. I am still working with them so I can get into the 4th one (had a random load failure...), but the other 3 I got my 1.50 and racked up over $5 in bonuses... So me happy for tap, tap, tappy :p
does task 1 get posted occasionally? Showing every task whether i'm qualified for or not, i only see tasks 2-4.

Spunky3174

Reaction score
does task 1 get posted occasionally? Showing every task whether i'm qualified for or not, i only see tasks 2-4.
I wasn't sure so I just went to look and it wasn't there... I looked in HitTracker to see if I could access it through there but when I tried it came up with an error... I am guessing they pulled it or something. That sucks because that is how to get qualified for the rest... Dang it. I guess I should have checked to see if the qualifier was there :(

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Dang it. I guess I should have checked to see if the qualifier was there :(
'sa right. they probably post the 1st one occasionally and once you get the qual for doing it, there is currently ample supply for 2-4.

i'm going to wait on your :cupcake: -- maybe this week at the store i can find monster strawberries to put in your cupcake. the "first of the season" have been small to medium and i have a theory they hold back the monster ones for closer to Valentines Day.

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 3 minutes
Title: Answer a survey about your attitudes and behaviors | Accept
Requester: jas413 [A1W1R940M8VO6Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.78] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 30:00
Description: 8 to 10 minutes survey on consumer behaviors and attitudes
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: scrmcasey and jan

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Reactions: JanetW and jan

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
So far only football one I saw was the one as to who you are cheering for...
which pro bowl team are you cheering for? hahahahaha.

i've seen one about which super bowl team but i think pro bowl is who cares as they only give 2% effort in the game.

Reactions: ekkirksey
Status
Not open for further replies.