01/23 - Slowdive Tuesday!

Who do you want to win the Superbowl?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
How is your son now? My son isn't in school yet, supposed to go next year. Right now he has Speech and OT four days a week for an hour each. Trying to find an aba line therapist to come for 4-5 hours a day, but it's been hard. My area isn't covered by very many providers and the ones that do cover it are lacking in line therapists close to us. :(

He's 19 and the therapies helped a lot. But I find now that he is older there's less resources for him. He goes to a transition school now that helps with real life things. Like banking, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. The school also assigns the students an internship to complete each semester. He is also working with a job coach to find a job. And also helps with social skills. Throughout his schooling, especially at those EIP meetings, I was told he wouldn't go to college or have a real job. As his mom I was like don't tell me what my kid can and can't do, I will do everything in my power to make sure he can do all that he can. It was so depressing to hear. But like I said the therapies helped and I found a scholarship that allowed him to go to private schools that worked with his disability and it has paid off a lot. I don't think he would have come as far as he has without all the therapies and the caring teachers I have found along the way.

I hope you are able to find a therapist in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.