[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
about 5 minutes if that[/td][/tr]

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
In my store we got some info about SNAP benefits being possibly discontinued temporarily because of the govt shutdown. in FL they are being distributed early for Feb and then no guarantee after that. scary shit. i dont personally qualify but probably close to half of our customers do
my state had a Jan 15th deadline to qualify for February SNAP benefits so they could be released by the end of the month. I don't understand how Feb 1 plays into things other than it seems the govt will not be paying those out after feb 1st unless the government is back open.

I don't even get how the treasury is working during this shutdown. They have no problems taking your estimated tax payments, federal income tax payments, will send you a tax refund if due, will pay out SNAP benefits at least until Feb 1, will pay the president and congresspeople and support staff, yet won't pay federal workers who are actually essential employees doing labor and not sitting around waiting for the shutdown to end.

(awesome politicial take deleted. :wink:)

Last edited:
Reactions: reprise and Gator

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
my state had a Jan 15th deadline to qualify for February SNAP benefits so they could be released by the end of the month. I don't understand how Feb 1 plays into things other than it seems the govt will not be paying those out after feb 1st unless the government is back open.

I don't even get how the treasury is working during this shutdown. They have no problems taking your estimated tax payments, federal income tax payments, will send you a tax refund if due, will pay out SNAP benefits at least until Feb 1, will pay the president and congresspeople and support staff, yet won't pay federal workers who are actually essential employees doing labor and not sitting around waiting for the shutdown to end.

Time to cut off the pay for President, Congress, and their houses/offices or at least nuke Washington, DC and start over. Maybe all the interns and support staff at the Capitol and nearby buildings suffering will get the democrats to bend a little. I say meet at $3B and deal.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/political-stuff.1723/

Reactions: Jerami and MarkC

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm boycotting the NFL until Tom Brady retires.
will be a long time then. QB's wear dresses and any touch that is not a sack is a flag so injury risk is low. Brady won't be having to retire early because of not having to have the tar beaten out of him week after week.

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
I don't even get how the treasury is working during this shutdown..
The Federal government never has a 'shutdown'. I've been through like 5 of them at least. They have a category of people and programs they say are 'non-essential'. The line is about as random as you'd expect a government line to be.

Some janitors at the IRS? Essential.
Park Rangers responsible for stopping people from jumping into a 200*F geyser? Lay them off.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Don't expect to learn much from the page that I made. It's just an example of skills.:)
Looks pretty good and fancy. All I know about is OG HTML for webpages but want to learn about HTML5 because I'm sure there are a few tweaks in there that makes things much easier to do than coding it in OG HTML.

EDIT: also need to learn to code for smartphone device viewing. I hope HTML5 makes that easier, too!

Is the triple bar with "tests" something you added or is that something to do with the freecode interface?

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Looks pretty good and fancy. All I know about is OG HTML for webpages but want to learn about HTML5 because I'm sure there are a few tweaks in there that makes things much easier to do than coding it in OG HTML.

EDIT: also need to learn to code for smartphone device viewing. I hope HTML5 makes that easier, too!

Is the triple bar with "tests" something you added or is that something to do with the freecode interface?
The tests bit comes from if you fork the pen from the first project page on https://learn.freecodecamp.org. They write that bit so you can test your code to make sure it passes.:)

EDIT It does. Now you could use a @media query to change style based on viewport, or use display:flex; to make flexible containers that auto size based on available space and set parameters.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.